House Price Crash Forum

Auction - Barnard Marcus - 179 Lots

Chiswick went crazy in 2006/2007, joined in the prime central London spree. As I posted on another thread recently, it became serious luvvie land - branch of Soho House took over the old Fouberts Hotel on the High Rd.

This one has been on the market for ages at £859,000. In fact, the owner bid on my house and claimed to be under no pressure to sell, as he had funds coming in from elsewhere. He dropped out and I sold for 10% lower and am delighted to have done so.

A lovely bit of schadenfreude for me and a nasty dose of karma for him.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I'm a bit thick, it was 95k

Flippin' heck!!

2004-06-30 17, Sapphire House Mostyn Broadway, Llandudno, Conwy, LL30 1YN

Flat, Leasehold, New Build add details...

£220,000 View Location Map

When they came on the market these were marketed as 'luxury executive' apartments.

Lot 135 ( Guide Price: 100 Plus )

Vendor: Barnard Marcus

Address: 16 Ford Close, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold House Two Floor Three Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Map: Click Here

Last Sold Price: £46,250 on 27/05/2003

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £101,500 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £55,250 ( 119.5% ) since purchase on 27/05/2003.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

and another Norwood place fails to sell, lot 134. Norwood seems to be leading the crash for London, seen so many Norwood properties at auction - the price rise of another flat in the building between 2005 and 2008 is a great demonstration of how crazy London went in those years. The post 2005 bull trap?

1 13/06/2008 £185,000 Flat L No Map 57, First Floor, Maberley Road, Bromley, London, Greater London,

2 02/09/2005 £131,000 Flat L No Map 57, First Floor, Maberley Road, Bromley, London, Greater London, SE19 2JE

Lot 140 ( Guide Price: 80 Plus )

Address: Crown Hill, High Street, Newent, Gloucestershire, GL18

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor 6 Room(s) Basement Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £182,500 on 17/05/2006

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £79,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £103,500 ( 56.7% ) since purchase on 17/05/2006.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Lot 143 ( Guide Price: 3 )

Address: Land Adj Harrietsham Station, West Street, Harrietsham, Maidstone, Kent, ME17

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Site 1.1 Acre Development Potential Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: No data found for this property - Click here to search

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £7,500 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

In Llandudno!? :blink:

Quite. I had my suspicions that mdf and chipboard might not be in any way luxurious but who was I to argue as these developments were providing much needed accommodation for the thrusting new welsh executive class so prevalent in Blair's Britain.

:lol:

Lot 129 just sold for £113,500, terrace in Dagenham

That's less than it's 2002 price!

1 10/06/2005 £150,000 Ter. F No Map 117, Oval Road North, Barking And Dagenham, Dagenham

2 19/08/2002 £119,000 Ter. F No Map 117, Oval Road North, Barking And Dagenham, Dagenham

My partner sold in Dag in 2006 for 75% more than she bought in 2002, which was the average Dag house price rise. Which seems to me to show that this house was overpriced in 2002, possibly because it is not ex LA by the look of it, and therefore has some rarity value in Dag.

We were looking at what she would get now if she had hung onto it over the weekend (she nearly did hang onto it but then looked at the economics of BTL and decided to sell). The last sales on her road were spring last year and were for 14% more than she sold for. It was a banjo road and all the houses are identical, apart from some had extensions on the back. I am not saying that Dag won't crash; it will, and asking prices now seem to be back to 2006 levels. But as it came up later than everywhere else, mainly consists of houses with good sized gardens and is still the cheapest borough on a tube line north of the river, I don't think it will fall as far as the rest of London, especially Chiswick with those mad prices!

Lot 146 ( Guide Price: 65 Plus )

Address: Flat 20, Faroe, Gotts Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 3rd Floor Self-Contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £131,000 on 01/07/2005

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £72,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £59,000 ( 45% ) since purchase on 01/07/2005.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Lot 146 ( Guide Price: 65 Plus )

Address: Flat 20, Faroe, Gotts Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 3rd Floor Self-Contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £131,000 on 01/07/2005

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £72,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £59,000 ( 45% ) since purchase on 01/07/2005.

Had been on the open market since February 2008 at £169,995. Didn't drop the price once, and ended up getting repossessed and going for less than half that. Some sellers are delusional.

Lot 148 ( Guide Price: 70 )

Address: Apartment 404, 6 Ludgate Hill, Manchester, Lancashire, M4

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 4th Floor Self-Contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £94,500 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Lot 150 ( Guide Price: Refer )

Address: 36 Clumber Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN4

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Semi-Detached House Two Floor 5 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £34,500 on 18/04/2001

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £65,500 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £31,000 ( 89.9% ) since purchase on 18/04/2001.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Lot 151 ( Guide Price: Refer )

Address: 36 Admiral Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 1st Floor Purpose Built Self-Contained Flat Three Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £135,000 on 21/06/2005

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £63,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £72,000 ( 53.3% ) since purchase on 21/06/2005.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Lot 151 ( Guide Price: Refer )

Address: 36 Admiral Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11

The descri

Last Sold Price: £135,000 on 21/06/2005

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £63,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £72,000 ( 53.3% ) since purchase on 21/06/2005.

Another more-than-half-price Leeds flat. This is carnage.

Lot 152 ( Guide Price: Refer )

Address: 25 Long Crag, Washington, Tyne and Wear, NE37

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Semi-Detached House Two Floor 4 Room(s) Garden Garage/s Parking Space Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £85,000 on 15/11/2002

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £89,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £4,000 ( 4.7% ) since purchase on 15/11/2002.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Lot 156 ( Guide Price: 50 Plus )

Address: 5 Bonnington Close, St. Helens, Merseyside, WA10

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 1st Floor Purpose Built Self-Contained Flat Three Room(s) Communal Gardens Parking Space Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £148,995 on 31/01/2006

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £70,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £78,995 ( 53% ) since purchase on 31/01/2006.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Lot 158 ( Guide Price: 17 Plus )

Address: Flat 3, 112 Sheil Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L6

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 2nd Floor Self-Contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £29,500 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Lot 159 ( Guide Price: 70 Plus )

Address: 4 Parkside, Sedgeford, Hunstanton, Norfolk, PE36

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Semi-Detached House Two Floor 5 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £78,500 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Lot 161 ( Guide Price: 45 Plus )

Address: 23 Bryniago, Pontarddulais, Swansea, West Glamorgan, SA4

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor 4 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £105,000 on 29/06/2007

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £61,500 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £43,500 ( 41.4% ) since purchase on 29/06/2007.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot