House Price Crash Forum

Lets Face It, Its Never Going To Be Right For Most Of Us

homeless

HOLA441

Ive been on here 7 years now, thats a decent part of a working life. And only recently have i came to understand that even if things change, there too late for me now anyway. Ive decided to move to france and amd saving every last penny i can and selling everything i can. The hardest part was persuading the wife, but she would like a garden same as me, and i will never have a garden in the uk, doubt even a flat.

So for me the time had come and gone when i buy into the uk housing market, and just like many immigrants that had to leave their countries for a better life i can see millions that have paid landlords for the last 10 doing exactly the same.

Time to face facts people, you stay here and your life is gonna be crap, ive even come to the conclusion if houses were free in the uk i still would move, im kinda sick off the place. Its been a cycle of high rents and low pay since i left school.

Id stick around and help the poor struggling mortgage payers and rich government workers pay for their lifestyles. But on the other hand. . . . . .

HOLA442
HOLA443

Ive been on here 7 years now, thats a decent part of a working life. And only recently have i came to understand that even if things change, there too late for me now anyway. Ive decided to move to france and amd saving every last penny i can and selling everything i can. The hardest part was persuading the wife, but she would like a garden same as me, and i will never have a garden in the uk, doubt even a flat.

So for me the time had come and gone when i buy into the uk housing market, and just like many immigrants that had to leave their countries for a better life i can see millions that have paid landlords for the last 10 doing exactly the same.

Time to face facts people, you stay here and your life is gonna be crap, ive even come to the conclusion if houses were free in the uk i still would move, im kinda sick off the place. Its been a cycle of high rents and low pay since i left school.

Id stick around and help the poor struggling mortgage payers and rich government workers pay for their lifestyles. But on the other hand. . . . . .

Bonne chance is right, hope you know what you're doing.

Once you know France and the French very well, as I do after all these years working with them, the romance falls away.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

A long time indeed.

I like the bit about being fed up with the UK the most.

Not much keeping me in the UK either, and I say that as a home owner.

I've long said those that can get out of this hole should.

I wish you all the best in your new life.

HOLA447

I will work in the uk to begin with. Im in the lucky position of being self employed and can set my own hours. Wife and kid will stay there permanent. Im hoping though to get something to transport each way once i get settled. I know up here in highlands they transport shellfish to france, perhaps i can look at that market.

Im not doing this under some romantic allusion, im going to move to a rural area, same as i live in here. Just this time i will have my own house, and im also looking forward to learning a new language and culture. Variety is the spice of life. Ive lived in england, scotland, ireland. So i dont suffer from panic about living in a new place, heck i been moving about all my adult life. Mainly because i dont own my own home. Im actually moving to france so i can settle down, something not posdible here.

HOLA448

I will work in the uk to begin with. Im in the lucky position of being self employed and can set my own hours. Wife and kid will stay there permanent. Im hoping though to get something to transport each way once i get settled. I know up here in highlands they transport shellfish to france, perhaps i can look at that market.

Im not doing this under some romantic allusion, im going to move to a rural area, same as i live in here. Just this time i will have my own house, and im also looking forward to learning a new language and culture. Variety is the spice of life. Ive lived in england, scotland, ireland. So i dont suffer from panic about living in a new place, heck i been moving about all my adult life. Mainly because i dont own my own home. Im actually moving to france so i can settle down, something not posdible here.

Good luck. There's more to life than ranting on certain forums waiting for something that simply may or may not happen.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

i wouldn't want to live in a place where a bnp equivalent does well in the polls.......

I know! Can you imagine if they got into power? We would probably see them ruining the economy, sending soldiers abroad to kill Muslims, lie and cheat the electorate, feather their own nests whilst making life as uncomfortable as possible for the plebs whilst increasingly eroding personal freedoms and allowing the state to snoop and control every aspect of our lives. Makes you shudder just thinking about it.

HOLA4411

Have you got an area picked out? Are you going to rent first or just buy? What are you going to do regards Euro/Sterling?

We have some friends we stay with who have been there 7 years and just become resident. They love it and say they won't be coming back.

Good luck.

HOLA4412

Bonne chance is right, hope you know what you're doing.

Once you know France and the French very well, as I do after all these years working with them, the romance falls away.

You are exactly right. Unless you dont have to worry about money you are better off buying an old caravan on a site in the North and visiting when the Sun shines.

God the winters are so awful and so are a lot of the French if you cant speak the language. :ph34r:

Edited by stumpy

HOLA4413

You are exactly right. Unless you dont have to worry about money you are better off buying an old caravan on a site in the North and visiting when the Sun shines.

God the winters are so awful and so are a lot of the French if you cant speak the language. :ph34r:

In the thread starter's second post he says he lives in the "highlands".

I was in Scotland and from Dec 2009 to March 2010 the loch behind the house was frozen. He may find France warmer.

HOLA4414

I know! Can you imagine if they got into power? We would probably see them ruining the economy, sending soldiers abroad to kill Muslims, lie and cheat the electorate, feather their own nests whilst making life as uncomfortable as possible for the plebs whilst increasingly eroding personal freedoms and allowing the state to snoop and control every aspect of our lives. Makes you shudder just thinking about it.

LOL good one!

I say good luck to the OP. I spend part of the year in the UK and part of the year in Hungary. I miss both countries when away from them, but I've noticed that the things I miss/dream about the UK are all fictional or disappeared years ago - village life, morris minors, church bells, steam trains etc - whereas the things I miss about Hungary are real and exist now - nice weather most of the time, cafe culture, polite people (including youngsters), low population density, slower pace of life, etc etc.

HOLA4415

I speak the language fluently and know them well, and still don't trust them, generally.

There are many fine exceptions, lots of good people it must be said, but a lot regard cheating a foreigner as normal and the obvious thing to do.

Sometimes I pretend not to speak French, especially with tradesmen or when engaged in some other commercial transaction. That gets interesting sometimes. :)

If the OP is from a part of the UK where people are generally warm, helpful and honest (I realise this isn't everywhere) then he'd better be careful where he goes in France, especially if he doesn't speak French very well.

Edited by swissy_fit