House Price Crash Forum

Rightmove..what Is Premium Listing?

Monopoly

HOLA441
HOLA442
Just noticed on rightmove that some houses have a red premium listing..does anybody know what that means?

Marketing essentially is about dividing-up and re-packaging the sh1t - not unlike Credit Derivatives. The idea is you identify a sap, generalise some characteristic about a sap and extrapolate this out into a wider population (call this say demographics), then convince the sap that they want the premium version of the turd you're flogging. "Red Premium" sounds like high quality so the sap buys it - same work but bigger margin.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Strangely placed on properties SSTC on my local listing. Which makes zero sense.

'Red Premimum' - the turd that sells your house.

Good evening madam may I interest you in Rightmove's Red Premium service - over 90% of customers who used it saw a sale within 2 weeks of taking Red Premium.

Remember - Red Premium the turd that sells!

HOLA445
HOLA446
Just noticed on rightmove that some houses have a red premium listing..does anybody know what that means?

Appears to be a badge recently slapped on a few over-priced old faithfulls on my watch-list.

aka flogging a dead horse

HOLA447
Appears to be a badge recently slapped on a few over-priced old faithfulls on my watch-list.

aka flogging a dead horse

HOLA448

Noticed these today too. Struggling to see the point.

Strangely placed on properties SSTC on my local listing. Which makes zero sense.

It makes sense to the EAs cause they know these will still be SSTC in 6 months time unless they can lure some cash buyers.

HOLA449

Premium listings seem to be highlighted in my saved properties listing.

Previously I only saw premium listings for new build off plan type things but recently a

few of the other properties I have been watching has all at once acquired this status.

I've noticed these have been on rightmove for nearly or over a year so I wonder if it is somthing that Rightmove are offering for properties that are stuck on the market.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Premium listings seem to be highlighted in my saved properties listing.

Previously I only saw premium listings for new build off plan type things but recently a

few of the other properties I have been watching has all at once acquired this status.

I've noticed these have been on rightmove for nearly or over a year so I wonder if it is somthing that Rightmove are offering for properties that are stuck on the market.

If Rightmove wanted to offer something to make a listing stand out they could have thought of a better idea than sticking a 'Premium listing' badge on them.

HOLA4412

don't know how much extra it costs but it really does seem like a pointless exercise,

hilariously housenetwork.co.uk describe it as a no-brainer... :lol::lol:

http://housenetwork.co.uk/rightmove_choice.asp

The Rightmove Premium Slot

Enhanced listing with highlighted background colour to drive attention.

Proven success - 20% more buyers will look at the full property details*

Roll over photographs of your property appear on the summary results

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Still don't get what it suppose to mean :rolleyes: is it an random thing..or does rightmove offer a better service ..or what?

Agents pay extra and the property is highlighted in the search results or a buyers saved searches.

There is nothing 'premium' about the house, unless you take it to signal desperation and vendor being willing to accept offers!

HOLA4416

BUMP

I saw this yesterday , I have got a few properties on my "short-list" , some for over 6 months , and when I saw that some had changed to "premium listing" it made me realise that these properties were sure to sell very quickly . I am now in the process of making an offer well above the asking price , before someone beats me to it !!

This is a sure sign that house prices are about to rocket back up !!!

Looks like "Krusty" was right all along !!!!!

;)

HOLA4417

A house in my parents road has just gone on to Rightmove with one of these "stickers", seems to mean it is over priced given that an identical house up the road (there are only about 20 in the road anyway) is on for £50k less and hasn't sold in the 6 months it's been on there.

HOLA4418

It means a bright, red, round sticker to hopefully grab your attention. Which it clearly did. Apart from that, it means nothing. No grassy knoll to find here. Please move along. :)

Nomadd