House Price Crash Forum

Remember Ch 4 News In April - After The Halifax 2.5% Drop

HOLA441

It'll be amazing - What did Melanie say? Was she right?... You get the point.

You can watch the item from the Channel 4 News again, or download it to keep as evidence, from the HPC server via this page.

Edited by Financial Planner

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Is there a link from March? Would be interesting to load up

Bosh

Slightly O/T I remember a tonight programme that had 3 panel members who gave there predictions of where house prices would be in 18 months time, I think Phil Spencer was one of them and the presenter was the most bearish. Does anyone remember this? Must be close to 18 months ago.

HOLA444

If you get a chance to make someone look stupid over the whole 'price falls are bad for FTBs' crap they spew out on a regular basis, please use it.

EDIT: first time made no sense

Edited by JohnnyB

HOLA445

Good luck FP, not that you need it these days, the facts speak for themselves.

If you can get official confirmation from the halifax that the unadjusted figures are indeed what rickybruce gleaned from them (£181,765 as the unadjusted figure for June), it might be worth mentioning that these figures actually show a larger drop from May to June than April to May, not a smaller one, but that these figures have been massaged to make it look as though they are better.

I will be glued if only to see poor old Ms Bien squirm and cling on the sound fundamentals of 2 years ago. :lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
It'll be amazing - What did Melanie say? Was she right?... You get the point.

Just watched it, you said 10% fall by end of year, are you going to revise that figure? Seems rather on the low side now!!

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Abteilung

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I was just wondering, do you get paid travelling expenses or anything when you appear on these programmes ? All the travelling you're doing for these at the moment must be costing a bit.

I would imagine that any expenses would be irrelevant compared to the free, National Prime TV introducion of Johnathan Davis of.

Armstrong Davis - Chartered Financial Planners

It appears that weekly FP is on the box and for someone being proved correct in his many predictions etc. If you wanted to deal with a firm of Chartered Financial Planners then surely you would be more inclined to work with someone who comes across very informed and factually correct in what he/they say.

And Housepricecrash.co.uk often gets a good mention. Hurrah

HOLA4413
I would imagine that any expenses would be irrelevant compared to the free, National Prime TV introducion of Johnathan Davis of.

It appears that weekly FP is on the box and for someone being proved correct in his many predictions etc. If you wanted to deal with a firm of Chartered Financial Planners then surely you would be more inclined to work with someone who comes across very informed and factually correct in what he/they say.

Bosh,

He isn't going to pay you either you know. :)

HOLA4414

How long before FP gets his own show?

UM

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Good luck - when you think of the number of people nationally who have had a chance to hear the truth thanks to FP's efforts, one has to conclude he is becoming one of the main commentators on this issue - very rapidly the interviews seem to be growing. That's because he, along with Vince Cable, talks sense, pretty much lone voices against a wall of VI spin-meisters and hand-wringing economists.

Well done FP

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
If you get a chance to make someone look stupid over the whole 'price falls are bad for FTBs' crap they spew out on a regular basis, please use it.

EDIT: first time made no sense

Agreed. This is really starting to get my goat...BBC news did it today and didn't mention high prices ONCE. Just had an EA bleating about getting banks lending (irresponsibly) again (ie: re-inflate the bubble, please). But then it's the BBC, so what do you expect. :angry:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Savills - 25% in 2 years

Capital Economics - 35%

FP - 35 to 40%

2008 crash (to date) bigger than peak year of 1990s crash.

Government house-building target a dream

First 10-12 mins of the programme exlusively for this story.

The secret's out!

Monty

HOLA4425