House Price Crash Forum

Buying And Selling Gold And Silver

HOLA441

Quote from auag "But surely, there must be some value in creating a platform where the common man can buy and sell their gold and silver by contacting other common people? I mean why should millionaire traders, (who - correct me if i'm wrong - are actually the only ones even allowed into the commonly exchanges) be the only ones to benefit from organized platform based trading? Shouldn't there be an equivalent organized market for physical metal, meant for you and me? Even if it is much much smaller?"

Well, here it is...

I'm still buying, so no offers from me, yet. If I were selling, I would use Ebay or a Coin Fair. The Coin Fairs to which I went were offering new or nearly-new stuff and bullion as well as numismatic items. I picked up some Britannias a pound below the normal price, so I was happy. You will, of course, be aware that both Ebay and Coin Fairs cost money to get a table, so this would have to be factored into the profit.

So I thought we might have a private-sales-only thread to see if we had any interest. Gentlemen, let the action begin. Please consider re-posting after the deal to give the rest of us an idea of price discovery and how things went.

HOLA442
HOLA443

So I thought we might have a private-sales-only thread to see if we had any interest. Gentlemen, let the action begin. Please consider re-posting after the deal to give the rest of us an idea of price discovery and how things went.

The trouble is with the spread over at Hatten Garden Metals being so small (3%) it is very hard to compete privately, especially when you add petrol and travelling into the mix.

The deals I've done for cash have been so tight they'd make your balls ache, but deals for cash with no paper trail are often worth the extra effort. The less the government knows about where your wealth is the better.

I'm still looking to acquire some more but was hoping for a drop below £900 an Oz to do so. There is a cash4gold shop local to me that apparently sells Krugerrands at 1.5% above spot. I'm hoping to investigate this when the price is right.

HOLA444

The trouble is with the spread over at Hatten Garden Metals being so small (3%) it is very hard to compete privately, especially when you add petrol and travelling into the mix.

The deals I've done for cash have been so tight they'd make your balls ache, but deals for cash with no paper trail are often worth the extra effort. The less the government knows about where your wealth is the better.

I'm still looking to acquire some more but was hoping for a drop below £900 an Oz to do so. There is a cash4gold shop local to me that apparently sells Krugerrands at 1.5% above spot. I'm hoping to investigate this when the price is right.

Exactly, the bullion houses trade in volume so the spreads are tight. If anyone wants to sell to me at spot then I am all ears but I wont hold my breath waiting for pm's.

I would sell privately but buy reputable with tight spreads.

HOLA445

We're still offering to buy silver at spot... How interesting that we haven't seen any interest. I will bump this thread from time to time, but it really needs "pinning" as this thread is already showing that nobody believes the long-term bull market is over.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Hi... just spotted this for sale:

http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/misc-jewellery/tuvalu-silver-925-1000-20-dollars-1993-hms-royalist-lo1507

15.99 including delivery for a troy oz of 925 which must be worth around 21 quid based on current spot.

Not really a silver buyer myself, and can't be bothered as selling for scrap would only make a quid or two.

Just thought it might find a happy buyer here :)

Oops... editted to add link !

Edited by ScrewsNutsandBolts

• 1 month later...
HOLA448

For sale 10 X Northwest Territorial Mint 1 ounce Silver Bar minted from .999 fine silver.

The obverse features a stylized number representing the bar size along with bar fineness and the Northwest Territorial Mint name, while the reverse contains "NWTMINT" repeated across the back.

Item Number: B10080

Product Type: Bullion

Size: 1 1/8 inch x 2 inch (29mm x 50mm) Bar

Material: 1 oz .999 Silver

1 troy ounce = 31.1034768 grams

Recorded Delivery, U.K Only, Insured Delivery Applies.

£295 Includes Free Special Next Working Day Delivery

1365__big.jpg

HOLA449

For sale 10 X Northwest Territorial Mint 1 ounce Silver Bar minted from .999 fine silver.

The obverse features a stylized number representing the bar size along with bar fineness and the Northwest Territorial Mint name, while the reverse contains "NWTMINT" repeated across the back.

Item Number: B10080

Product Type: Bullion

Size: 1 1/8 inch x 2 inch (29mm x 50mm) Bar

Material: 1 oz .999 Silver

1 troy ounce = 31.1034768 grams

Recorded Delivery, U.K Only, Insured Delivery Applies.

£295 Includes Free Special Next Working Day Delivery

1365__big.jpg

Sold out on Ebay...

• 3 months later...
HOLA4410
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4411

I might be moving house and may need to dip into my stash of Krugerrands so can anyone tell me the best way to sell five or so?

(no lectures about trading for fiat / depreciating assets please :P )

• 5 months later...
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4414

Hi, I'm giving up waiting to buy a house, so need to sell my bullion. I have 12 x 1 oz krugerands assorted years and 59 x 1 oz silver coins (the vast majority are 2008 Maples, but - from memory - 10 are misc. .9999 silver US commemorative medallions, and 10 are Austrian something or others. Everything except the US medallions was purchased from coininvestdirect in 2008. I was going to ebay the silver one coin at a time but I'm not sure I can be bothered with the hassle and ebay's 10% cut. I was also thinking of taking the gold to Bairds. Any better suggestions (or offers if you prefer) would be gratefully received. I can, of course, provide more details if anyone were to want them.

Many thanks,

Isaac.

HOLA4415

Yea, looks at coinsinvestdirect. They did have a really good buy back rate for Gold.

• 2 months later...
HOLA4416
  • 9 months later...
HOLA4417

Oh well, ebay didn't like me selling 1kg silver bar ... withdrew my listing & demanded proof of id & proof of purchase, but won't accept the copy of the chards invoice I have provided them with!!!! Was hoping to sell to trade to sov's as I have very little gold!

Edited by clloyd