House Price Crash Forum

God's Perspective On Btl/2nd Homes

Realistbear

HOLA441

My take on the HPI is that it is offensive to justice. Check out Amos 3:15 (Old Testament):

"And I will destroy the beautiful homes of the wealthy--their winter mansions and their summer homes too--all their palaces filled with ivory. I, the Lord, have spoken!" (NLT)

The prophet Amos was probably attacking BTLs and definately people who owned multiple homes while the poor struggled. The buying of holiday homes pushing out locals comes to mind? When the government encourages this practice by givng tax breaks on 2nd and 3rd homes (council tax discounts) they are accessories to the crime!

Paul said: "If God is for us, who can ever be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

It appears to me that God wants justice and as He has always stood with the poor a HPC is probably in accordance with His will. Think about it..... wink.gif

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
My take on the HPI is that it is offensive to justice. Check out Amos 3:15 (Old Testament):

"And I will destroy the beautiful homes of the wealthy--their winter mansions and their summer homes too--all their palaces filled with ivory. I, the Lord, have spoken!" (NLT)

The prophet Amos was probably attacking BTLs and definately people who owned multiple homes while the poor struggled.  The buying of holiday homes pushing out locals comes to mind?  When the government encourages this practice by givng tax breaks on 2nd and 3rd homes (council tax discounts) they are accessories to the crime! 

It appears to me that God wants justice and as He has always stood with the poor a HPC is probably in accordance with His will. Think about it..... wink.gif

we have God on our side, who have the btl's got ? :D

HOLA446

Its a funny thing, but following every great economic crash comes a period of spiritual awakening/revival. Might be a way God uses to get our attention off of ourselves and greed. Debt levels are crippling families and bringing all kinds of social problems not least among them divorce and drug use (stressed out). I read on Yahoo that almost 50% of UK females are on some kind of anti-depressents.

The HPI has created a monster and has destroyed more lives than we can imagine. A HPC will be a positive thing.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Suddenly we seem to be turning religious!!

However, many more will be so once the crash happens in the full swing.

Some quotes about greedy:

Prov. 11:6 - "the treacherous are caught by their own greed"

Jere. 6:13- "everyone is greedy for gain"

Lk. 12:15 - "be on guard against every form of greed; life is not in possessions"

I Tim. 3:8 - "fond of sordid gain"

II Peter 2:3 - "in their greed they will exploit you with false words"

II Peter 2:14 - "have hearts trained in greed"

Words from bible well describes todays BTL and EA`s.

HOLA449
Suddenly we seem to be turning religious!!

However, many more will be so once the crash happens in the full swing.

Some quotes about greedy:

Prov. 11:6 - "the treacherous are caught by their own greed"

Jere. 6:13; 8:10 - "everyone is greedy for gain"

Lk. 12:15 - "be on guard against every form of greed; life is not in possessions"

I Tim. 3:8 - (deacons) "not fond of sordid gain"

II Peter 2:3 - (false prophets) "in their greed they will exploit you with false words"

II Peter 2:14 - (false prophets) "have hearts trained in greed"

Words from bible well describes todays BTL and EA`s.

Humans are ultimately spiritual beings. Greed and covetousness destroy the soul of man as Proverbs so wisely tells us. "Religion" is really a negative thing because it is man-centered. The God of the Universe wants much more for His creation than religion and it is built on a love relationship. Amos the prophet saw that love had gone cold in ancient Israel and a manifestation of that coldness was the ownership of multiple homes while the poor starved. Justice is a key to unhderstanding Who God is. He cannot be known through religion as Jesus so astutely pointed out--religion killed Him in the end.

HOLA4410

The prophet Amos was probably attacking BTLs and definately people who owned multiple homes while the poor struggled.  The buying of holiday homes pushing out locals comes to mind?  When the government encourages this practice by givng tax breaks on 2nd and 3rd homes (council tax discounts) they are accessories to the crime! 

You religious freakos can have your saviour and all the BS that goes with it.

But what I find most interesting about this post, is that it appears to confirm that even in biblical times, people were buying second properties. Amazing!

HOLA4411

But what I find most interesting about this post, is that it appears to confirm that even in biblical times, people were buying second properties. Amazing!

Yes, things do not chnage much. The biggest BTL market in Roman times was in the resort town of Pompeii. ;) Think about it......

HOLA4412

That is why many feel that the prices will have to fall. History repeats itself over and over again over ages. There is nothing called a new paradigm. The claim of Gordon Brown that he has eliminated boom and bust is purely a myth or a claim based on ignorance of the economic cycles and history.

HOLA4413
That is why many feel that the prices will have to fall. History repeats itself over and over again over ages. There is nothing called a new paradigm. The claim of Gordon Brown that he has eliminated boom and bust is purely a myth or a claim based on ignorance of the economic cycles and history.

Did Gordon really say that? Wow! If he has found a way to overcome the fundamental laws of economics he deserves a Nobel prize at the very least--deification even? That is the same as a physicist saying he has discovered perpetual motion (similar to an economy without a boom and bust). I cannot believe he really said that, tell me its a porkie.

Pride comes before a fall. ;)

HOLA4414

As you'll all know, I am a bit of a Thatcherite, but...

Leviticus 25:

13 " 'In this Year of Jubilee everyone is to return to his own property.

14 " 'If you sell land to one of your countrymen or buy any from him, do not take advantage of each other. 15 You are to buy from your countryman on the basis of the number of years since the Jubilee. And he is to sell to you on the basis of the number of years left for harvesting crops. 16 When the years are many, you are to increase the price, and when the years are few, you are to decrease the price, because what he is really selling you is the number of crops. 17 Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the LORD your God.

18 " 'Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land. 19 Then the land will yield its fruit, and you will eat your fill and live there in safety. 20 You may ask, "What will we eat in the seventh year if we do not plant or harvest our crops?" 21 I will send you such a blessing in the sixth year that the land will yield enough for three years. 22 While you plant during the eighth year, you will eat from the old crop and will continue to eat from it until the harvest of the ninth year comes in.

23 " 'The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants. 24 Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land.

25 " 'If one of your countrymen becomes poor and sells some of his property, his nearest relative is to come and redeem what his countryman has sold. 26 If, however, a man has no one to redeem it for him but he himself prospers and acquires sufficient means to redeem it, 27 he is to determine the value for the years since he sold it and refund the balance to the man to whom he sold it; he can then go back to his own property. 28 But if he does not acquire the means to repay him, what he sold will remain in the possession of the buyer until the Year of Jubilee. It will be returned in the Jubilee, and he can then go back to his property.

NIV

"Religion" rocks!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I have been following tthis site with a mixture of interest, amusement, bemusement & finally incredulity. I'm beginning to think there are some seriously disturbed people on here. The symptoms vary between barely concealed violence (particularly on KOTC's thread), smug, preening self-congratulation on one's acumen/intelligence, now we have The End Of Days.

With reference to the latter, where exactly is God's Justice exhibited in his created natural world? Were all the children killed in the tsunami going to become BTLers?

Were all previous natural disasters not indiscriminate, but only killed the guilty? All good people who die natural deaths die peacefully ?

I think a sense of proportion is required here. If you want to contemplate injustice & inhumanity I would suggest the recent Auschwitz commemoration would be a good place to start.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
I have been following tthis site  with a mixture of interest, amusement, bemusement & finally incredulity. I'm beginning to think there are some seriously disturbed people on here. The symptoms vary between barely concealed violence (particularly on KOTC's thread), smug, preening self-congratulation on one's acumen/intelligence, now we have The End Of Days.

With reference to the latter, where exactly is God's Justice exhibited in his created natural world? Were all the children killed in the tsunami going to become BTLers?

Were all previous natural disasters not indiscriminate, but only killed the guilty? All good people who die natural deaths die peacefully ?

I think a sense of proportion is required here. If you want to contemplate injustice & inhumanity I would suggest the recent Auschwitz commemoration would be a good place to start.

We live in a non-mechanistic system based on free choice. Without choices there cannot be consequences. Can you imagine a perfect world without the possibility of wrong choices? The natural world is part of that system where things die and pain and suffering exist. "Good" exists only because there is freedom to choose it.

The Amos reference was simply to show that, in the created natural world, wrong choices are possible that cause hardship on others. God's ideal is for helping our neighbors not pricing them out of their homes.

Auschwitz was a good example of man's inhumanity toward man. Injustice on a grand scale.

You are right, many seriously disturbed people exist--financial stree causes depression and whether you are a bull worrying about the HPC or a FTB worrying about there not being a HPC the result is the same. Seems to me that is why Jesus took the time to teach people not to worry so much about material things and focus on serving your neighbour and treating people as you would want to be treated. I am at a loss as to why that man causes so much anger among people. Touches on the truth a little too much I suspect.

HOLA4419
I read on Yahoo that almost 50% of UK females are on some kind of anti-depressents

Hit it on the nail there!

Its all to do with Dark forces gaining control over us - the ILLUMINATI/Masons/Roman Catholics.

They run the Banks - think of all the Billionaire banking famillies and you will unearth Masons! Think Rothschild and thier ilk.

What exactly are they messing around in our bodies with in Prozac/Seroxat etc

Serotonin Syndrome

The Serotonin Syndrome is a hyperserotonergic state which is a very dangerous and a potentially fatal side effect of serotonergic enhancing drugs which can have multiple psychiatric and non-psychiatric symptoms. This is a toxic condition which requires heightened clinical awareness in order to prevent, recognize, and treat the condition promptly. Promptness is vital because, as we just mentioned, the serotonin syndrome can be fatal and death from this side effect can come very rapidly. This syndrome is a toxic hyperserotonergic state whose rate of incidence is unknown, but is on the rise. This disorder, brought on by excessive levels of serotonin, is difficult to distinguish from the neuroleptic malignant syndrome because the symptoms are so similar. The neuroleptic malignant syndrome is a serious condition brought on by the use of the neuroleptic drugs.

In other words it turns you into a dreamy listless moron!

And there's more . . . . .

Ever thought about tap water. They lace it with ALUMINIUM filings.

Look up the toxic effects of aluminium poisoning . . . .

It turns you into a dreamy, listless, DEPRESSED moron!

Who benefits and is bankrupting the NHS. Yes Global Drug Companies - with the miracle cures to all the poisons scientists insist on pumping into us through our food, water, drink and air!

Corrr emotive subject - must have another radioactive whiskey! :o

HOLA4420
Hit it on the nail there!

Its all to do with Dark forces gaining control over us - the ILLUMINATI/Masons/Roman Catholics.

They run the Banks - think of all the Billionaire banking famillies and you will unearth Masons! Think Rothschild and thier ilk.

What exactly are they messing around in our bodies with in Prozac/Seroxat etc

In other words it turns you into a dreamy listless moron!

And there's more . . . . .

Ever thought about tap water. They lace it with ALUMINIUM filings.

Look up the toxic effects of aluminium poisoning . . . .

It turns you into a dreamy, listless, DEPRESSED moron!

Who benefits and is bankrupting the NHS. Yes Global Drug Companies - with the miracle cures to all the poisons scientists insist on pumping into us through our food, water, drink and air!

Corrr emotive subject - must have another radioactive whiskey! :o

The global drug companies manufacturers what we want to buy. The prolific use of anti-depressants such as Prozac arises from the high demand placed on GPs to sedate their unhappy patients. No signs of a conspiracy there--just companies willing to step in to make money from whatever people demand.

We just need to step back and examine what is the root cause of all the anxiety? The desire for material goods above and beyond need has a lot to do with it.

Who or what controls this world? We do--people decide what they think they want and create the necessary means to supply it. We are the source of our own destruction and the HPI is evidence of that. All that "wealth" turns out to be illusory--here today and gone in the HPC tomorrow.

Like Merv King said last year--house prices are a matter of opinion (illusory) whereas debt is real (reality). Conspiracy theories are just people wanting to shift the blame onto someone else.

HOLA4421

Realistbear

So innocent people suffer because of the actions of evil ones? A Just God? I'm afraid any of the descriptions of God I've ever seen are shot through with contradictions.

Please explain to me how a newborn child can choose. Or someone trapped in an earthquake.

The assertion that we live in a non-mechanistic system based on free choice is simply that, an assertion. An equally valid assertion is that we live in a completely mechanistic system where all actions are determined by previous causes, there being a googleplex of such interactions & as such not susceptible to any predictive model obtainable by man.

The Auschwitz reference was made because if THAT didn't cause the Lord to visit Armageddon on the human race then I'm damn sure a HPC won't.

HOLA4422

Thers is still time to repent TTRTR. You could let out your rooms more cheaply and take only what you need to live on. You will free yourelf from any worries that you have from taking money from somebody who cannot afford to buy his/her place.

You will thank all of us for this advice one day.

HOLA4423
The global drug companies manufacturers what we want to buy.

You've got it the wrong way round RB. Big pharma leans on doctors to makes them prescribe what they manufacture and spends billions every year on convincing us (consumers) that we need to buy what they manufacture. A good case in point are cures for the common cold: completely pointless, but the marketing and advertising departments of the big drug companies persuade people to buy them in their millions.

Also, by creating bullsh*t medical conditions like "unhappiness" and "sadness" ( and all sorts of other behavioural disorders whose roots are emotional/mental, not physical) they create whole new markets to sell drugs and make more profit by "treating" diseases that people didn't even know they had and that mostly don't exist.

HOLA4424
Realistbear

So innocent people suffer because of the actions of evil ones? A Just God? I'm afraid any of the descriptions of God I've ever seen are shot through with contradictions.

Please explain to me how a newborn child can choose. Or someone trapped in an earthquake.

The assertion that we live in a non-mechanistic system based on free choice is simply that, an assertion. An equally valid assertion is that we live in a completely mechanistic system where all actions are determined by previous causes, there being a googleplex of such interactions & as such not susceptible to any predictive model obtainable by man.

The Auschwitz reference was made because if THAT didn't cause the Lord to visit Armageddon on the human race then I'm damn sure a HPC won't.

I agree, Aucshwitz plumped the depths of human depravity. In fact the 20th Century was pretty evil compared with the previous centuries with Mao killing off more than Adolf--if memory serves me correctly Joe Stalin reduced the Russian population by a good 10 million? In some people's view, unborn babies are human life and the numbers destroyed there are also in the many millions-perhaps the largest holocaust of all.

The unborn child does not choose but its parents do. Who is innocent? Not too many perfect people I am aware of.

Right again on the cause and effect argument. This was the one the great Greek philosphers used to prove the existence of a God--primary cause. Ordered universe etc. Its strange isn't it that of all the world's greatest thinkers nearly all of them accepted the premise that there is a God/higher intelligence? Bert Russell was almosty alone among the great philosphers to hold onto a Godless universe--didn't he commit suicide from despair?

Evil has a primary cause that begins in the heart of man and his desire to do evil. The consequences hurt other people. In a non-mechanistic world with unpredictable consequences of actions run their course seemingly unhindered by a just God. However, we do not always see the outcome and in many instances evil is turned into the ultimate good. Some die for the ultimate good of the many. This is what Jesus was all about.

Is the death of an innocent baby or child an evil that God should step in and prevent? If you could be transported back in time to when Hitler was a baby and you were handed a gun what would you do if you knew the future of that child? Why does God permit evil--choices. Without choices our humanity would be lost and God ultimately wants to fellowship with those who choose him rather than robots who have no choice. That is what makes people people.

Getting back to the HPI and judgment against certain people who exploit others for their own greed. Justice is the HPC.

HOLA4425
You've got it the wrong way round RB. Big pharma leans on doctors to makes them prescribe what they manufacture and spends billions every year on convincing us (consumers) that we need to buy what they manufacture. A good case in point as cures for the common cold: completely pointless, but the marketing and advertising departments of the big drug companies persuade people to buy them in their millions.

Also, by creating ******** medical conditions like "unhappiness" and "sadness" ( and all sorts of other behavioural disorders whose roots are emotional/mental, not physical) they create whole new markets to sell drugs and make more profit by "treating" diseases that people didn't even know they had and that mostly don't exist.

True to a great extent. But we put ourselves in the mess in the first place. HPI causes anxiety that sets us up for exploitation by the drug companies who make the "fix" to cure it. If we never got depressed we wouldn't think about Prozac. Likewise, if we ate a proper diet we would not need Lipitor (cholestrol drug). Drug companies are creatures of the society we have created for oursleves.

Archived