• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Such a shame, what the Americans saw in Barak over Ron Paul I will never know.

I guess you can lead a sheep to water...

Too bad :(

The fact the Ron Paul published a deeply racist newsletter and shilled a few stock scams probably did not help his cause, at least outside of the Southern states.

HOLA446

We have not seen the last of Ron Paul by a long shot. He is on tv now more than ever due to his warnings coming true. The media are chasing him for insight, and i think he will get more influential as this disaster unfolds. Barack will be a flash in the pan.

HOLA447
We have not seen the last of Ron Paul by a long shot. He is on tv now more than ever due to his warnings coming true. The media are chasing him for insight, and i think he will get more influential as this disaster unfolds. Barack will be a flash in the pan.

Heh, sure. I remember when I posted some of the stuff about Saint Paul here that his fanboys did not want to believe. I was told Ron Paul was going to win the republican nomination, I said he would not win a single primary.

HOLA448
The fact the Ron Paul published a deeply racist newsletter and shilled a few stock scams probably did not help his cause, at least outside of the Southern states.

The only reference I can see to any kind of racism is a single quote:

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

Hardly national front material!

As for him being involved in stock scams.. links?

Can't help thinking you are deliberately trying to nit-pick. Character assassination aside, which of his policies did you actually disagree with?

HOLA449
The only reference I can see to any kind of racism is a single quote:

Hardly national front material!

Can't help thinking you are deliberately trying to nit-pick. Character assassination aside, which of his policies did you actually disagree with?

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=...15-4532a7da84ca

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
:lol:

From the article:

"it is difficult to know whether any particular article was written by Paul himself"

:lol:

But he let his name be used to promote it. If he disagreed with the content you think he might have thought it prudent to bring that fact up. It was called the Ron Paul report/newsletter, I didn't think he can really distance himself from it as he has tried to.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

That is it?

You base your view of Ron Paul on that article :blink:

Leaving aside the credibility of the person who wrote it, do you honestly believe if he was a racist anti-semite he would have a Jewish economic adviser? Do you not think his policies would reflect his supposed views?

Take a look HERE

Looking at his "direct quotes" they seem to have been removed from their original context so it is hard to know what else was said. In light of the fact that he is blatently not anti-semitic it goes a long way to destroy any credibility that he is racist towards any other group either. Talk about a smear campaign.

Edit to add: Please could you clarify these further points?

Edited by libspero

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

If enough mud is thrown, some of it will stick. There is a concerted attempt to denigrate Ron Paul because he doesn't toe the establishment line. Mud-slinging is the oldest trick in the propagandist's book - just watch Mandelson - the arch-manipulator and spinner - if you want to see a master at work.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
I've no idea if he's recist or not, but he seems to be a creationist, which questions his ability to think critically.

I tried googling for this allegation in his library ('creation', 'creationist', 'creationism', 'cretinism') but there's no evidence of it. Can you find any?

There is plenty of evidence of Paul possessing critical faculties far ahead of Obama (with his 'change' mantra followed up by an administration stuffed full of Clinton crooks - change indeed) and McCain (voting for the TARP bailout that he described as 'insane' a day after the vote)

This article on the role of the petrodollar in the Iraq war is a pretty good analysis of the economic motivation behind the war.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
But he let his name be used to promote it. If he disagreed with the content you think he might have thought it prudent to bring that fact up. It was called the Ron Paul report/newsletter, I didn't think he can really distance himself from it as he has tried to.

I think Ron Paul, while he talks a lot of sense, is just a free market fairy believer who'd stay spouting Austrian economic claptrap even if everyone around him was starving.

In any conservative group you'll get people with some off colour views just as you'll find Labour members who downplay Stalin's gulags and think the Soviet Union wasn't that bad really. I mean, NuLabour are now purging the house of commons of dissent with their 'anti-terror squads'.

I've just put this out:

Jews are all snakes out to destroy our culture by infesting us with black muggers and diluting our race. Support BoomBoom to put a stop to it.

There you go - you are now a racist too. Don't ever run for office.

HOLA4423
I think Ron Paul, while he talks a lot of sense, is just a free market fairy believer who'd stay spouting Austrian economic claptrap even if everyone around him was starving.

In any conservative group you'll get people with some off colour views just as you'll find Labour members who downplay Stalin's gulags and think the Soviet Union wasn't that bad really. I mean, NuLabour are now purging the house of commons of dissent with their 'anti-terror squads'.

I've just put this out:

There you go - you are now a racist too. Don't ever run for office.

The difference being is that I will repudiate those comments right here and now. Paul was unwilling to do so.

HOLA4424
I've no idea if he's recist or not, but he seems to be a creationist, which questions his ability to think critically.

I don't care either way, but many of the worlds greatest pioneering scientists, engineers and inventors also believed that God created the earth. Do we thus question the ability of their thinking?

Charles Babbage( a pioneer in the field which became computer science)

Francis Bacon

Robert Boyle (gas dynamics)

Leonardo da Vinci (hydraulics)

Michael Faraday (electromagnetics)

James Joule (reversible thermodynamics)

Lord Kelvin (energetics)

Johann Kepler (celestial mechanics)

Joseph Lister (antiseptic surgery)

Isaac Newton (calculus)

Blaise Pascal (hydrostatics)

Louis Pasteur (bacteriology)

Creation vs Evolution always ends at a stalemate because both theories are riddled with holes. Who knows how we got here. Who cares anyway.

HOLA4425
The difference being is that I will repudiate those comments right here and now. Paul was unwilling to do so.

Just to clarify:

ARLINGTON, Va.–(Business Wire)–In response to an article published by The New Republic, Ron Paul

issued the following statement:

“The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do

not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never

uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts.

“In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King, Jr. that

we should only be concerned with the content of a person’s character,

not the color of their skin. As I stated on the floor of the U.S.

House on April 20, 1999: ‘I rise in great respect for the courage and

high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood steadfastly for the rights of

individuals against unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.’

“This story is old news and has been rehashed for over a decade.

It’s once again being resurrected for obvious political reasons on the

day of the New Hampshire primary.

“When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine full-time, a

newsletter was published under my name that I did not edit. Several

writers contributed to the product. For over a decade, I have

publically taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention

to what went out under my name.”

Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

Jesse Benton, 703-248-9115