HOLA441
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

As bull traps go, I think this one can be likened to an open abattoir door with a large guillotine hangng over the top, blood spurting from inside along with the sound of dying bulls in agony coming from within. Pinned to the gate is the smallest of post it notes.. it says...

Hot Bovine Pu55sy this way....

Love you longtime.

mooo ;)

Edited by sbn

HOLA443

A lot of people were in denial when the boom came to an end and were still hyping things up as the figures began to show the opposite. Now I think we're seeing the bottom of the slump and us HPCers need to watch that we're not the ones who end up in denial.

HOLA444
A lot of people were in denial when the boom came to an end and were still hyping things up as the figures began to show the opposite. Now I think we're seeing the bottom of the slump and us HPCers need to watch that we're not the ones who end up in denial.

Go back to the graph on page 1

HOLA445
As bull traps go, I think this one can be likened to an open abattoir door with a large guillotine hangng over the top, blood spurting from inside along with the sound of dying bulls in agony coming from within. Pinned to the gate is the smallest of post it notes.. it says...

Hot Bovine Pu55sy this way....

Love you longtime.

mooo ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447

one of the comments

"If you have been sitting on the fence waiting for the market to bottom out, well its official it just has. If you are looking to buy then get out there quickly before all the bargains disappear.

Posted By :pete"

OMG how does someone so thick know how to work a computer?

HOLA448
Guest Daddy Bear
one of the comments

"If you have been sitting on the fence waiting for the market to bottom out, well its official it just has. If you are looking to buy then get out there quickly before all the bargains disappear.

That was irony (sarcasm)

Pete

HOLA449

I don't agree with THAT...and many on here will think like me. We've had a bubble in property for > 10 years and it will all end in a fortnight?

I only wish it were true, but history shows that it doesn't work like that. This figure is a strange one though. But we're seeing some very strange stats every day in this crisis. I'd treat it as background noise and try to look at the bigger picture. ie. slump in jobs, govt preparing for 3M+ official unemployed, massive borrowing and expansion of public deficit, banks still going bust, countries going bust to the IMF every week, etc etc.

This doesn't look like the bottom to me. But no doubt it will suck in a few more.........twas ever this :rolleyes:

HOLA4410

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That would be the fastest boom bust bailout recession depression known to mankind. Please I can't stop laughing.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Shares on the up, mortgage lending on the up, banks saved by bailouts. We are a long way further from the brink than we were.

Agreed, but what we all predicted here was a HPC. When we were all at the "brink" I was sh1tting it as much as the next man, for beyond the brink lies mad max and dented tins of dogfood. Glad to be a long way from the brink (& I'm not totally sure we are that far from it, truth be known.), but the brink is also a long way from a common or garden HPC

Edited by sbn

HOLA4413
That would be the fastest boom bust bailout recession depression known to mankind. Please I can't stop laughing.

You said it yourself - the bust has happened at unbelievable speed, a recovery could happen the same - the Dow has risen over 1000 points since start of trading yesterday. We have to face the possibility that the Dow could be back over 10,000 in a week or two, banks are lending to each other again, house sales pick up and sale prices move back towards asking prices.

I didn't think this would happen, it still might not, but it looks possible now.

Edited by blankster

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
QUOTE (athom @ Oct 29 2008, 05:56 PM) *

one of the comments

That was irony (sarcasm)

Pete

Played a little too straight faced perhaps <_<

HOLA4417
You said it yourself - the bust has happened at unbelievable speed, a recovery could happen the same - the Dow has risen over 1000 points since start of trading yesterday. We have to face the possibility that the Dow could be back over 10,000 in a week or two, banks are lending to each other again, house sales pick up and sale prices move back towards asking prices.

I didn't think this would happen, it still might not, but it looks possible now.

Utterly impossible. Check out the rise on the US markets on the 13th October - and what happened after that.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
You said it yourself - the bust has happened at unbelievable speed, a recovery could happen the same - the Dow has risen over 1000 points since start of trading yesterday.

There are a few flys in that ointment though!

1. No more Liar loans

2. No more 8 x LTV's

3. Greed replaced by fear and uncertainty

4. The worst reccesion we have ever had only just starting

5. Massive unemployment adding to the fear and uncertainty

Need I go on? an on and on and on and on on on

And

FRED is right and we will be in depression by 2010 ;)

HOLA4420

No - I'm just looking at what's going on and playing devil's advocate - someone needs to!

I don't see another boom in the property market, I was saying sales might pick up and the gap between actual purchase prices and vendors' asking prices might narrow upwards rather than downwards.

Edited by blankster

HOLA4421

It's all good, shares are on the up...the economy is saved. The fact that Team GB has scrapped SATS (to save dosh), wants the ill/disabled to go out to work (to save money) and is cutting student finance (to save money) is coincidental.

However, at least he can afford to spend 700 million on tanks and stuff - I wonder why he wants to do that eh?!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Heh heh. Troll or truth? Better rush to get on the ladder then. Don't forget buy shares too!!!!

Wrongest thing I've seen today, thanks for amusement.

HOLA4425