House Price Crash Forum

Natwest Loan Please?

HOLA441

Moving my STR cash today from a current account to a savings account the Natwest girl in our local branch said that today she applied for 6 loans for different people, and where as 6 months ago they would have easily got a loan each one of them was rejected as they didnt meet the criteria for lending money. She even said that most of them had no problems running their bank accounts, didnt have credit problems however the systems in place wouldnt lend low risk people anything.

How things have changed.

HOLA442
Moving my STR cash today from a current account to a savings account the Natwest girl in our local branch said that today she applied for 6 loans for different people, and where as 6 months ago they would have easily got a loan each one of them was rejected as they didnt meet the criteria for lending money. She even said that most of them had no problems running their bank accounts, didnt have credit problems however the systems in place wouldnt lend low risk people anything.

How things have changed.

Rather unprofessional, discussing this with you. What if you had seen some of her previous interviewees that doay? I suppose par for the course nowadays though...

HOLA443
Rather unprofessional, discussing this with you. What if you had seen some of her previous interviewees that doay? I suppose par for the course nowadays though...

...they're not Bankers ...just poor sales people without ethics....you would think they would have ditched some of their dross by now... <_<

HOLA444
HOLA445

As long as she didn't point to the brown haired woman walking out the door and hiss as you presented at the counter 'hey, see her over their walking out the door... yeah her. She got refused a loan, can you believe that?' How is it unprofessional?

She was talking about anonymous strangers who could not be identitifed and she was making a broad observation of a very changed environment. Maybe it doesn't suit some controllers that mere drones might have opinions. Maybe that is why the word 'professional' was invented in its modern context - to control the independent observation of drones. To control the life of drones. Good on her for using her brains and using her mouth and behaving like an intelligent human being. Control freaking managers will never win over the human spirit.

HOLA446
the Natwest girl in our local branch said that today she applied for 6 loans for different people, and where as 6 months ago they would have easily got a loan each one of them was rejected as they didnt meet the criteria for lending money.

Yep this is what banks do. The type of person that is surprised by this is likely to be either under 25 or to be the type of person that's surprised that the lion at the zoo bit him after hitting it with a stick. See my signature below for historical reference!

HOLA447
Yep this is what banks do. The type of person that is surprised by this is likely to be either under 25 or to be the type of person that's surprised that the lion at the zoo bit him after hitting it with a stick. See my signature below for historical reference!

Natwest gave me a loan recently, as I have recently moved into a HA-rental for the first time and needed some liquid cash to buy furniture, white goods etc. It's for about 50% of my annual salary.

But, I have a lot of stock-plans coming out soon that will repay the principal loan with lots left over, so I guess I was a special case. But I did get called into the branch to discuss it, and had to provide all of the future maturity documents. The girl who worked there said they very rarely now just accept them via online or phone applications - you have to go there to discuss it in full. Plus, those that are granted are rearely at the headline rates on their website - it is more like a 20% interest rate. I got lucky as I've been with them for years now and have a responsible history of repaying all credit card bills in full each month.

Which is as it should be. If these responsible lending standards had been in place over the last decade or so, we might - stress might - be all in a better financial position now, and they may not have made such a loss recently!

HOLA448
As long as she didn't point to the brown haired woman walking out the door and hiss as you presented at the counter 'hey, see her over their walking out the door... yeah her. She got refused a loan, can you believe that?' How is it unprofessional?

She was talking about anonymous strangers who could not be identitifed and she was making a broad observation of a very changed environment. Maybe it doesn't suit some controllers that mere drones might have opinions. Maybe that is why the word 'professional' was invented in its modern context - to control the independent observation of drones. To control the life of drones. Good on her for using her brains and using her mouth and behaving like an intelligent human being. Control freaking managers will never win over the human spirit.

When I was in the corporate world, gossip with clients about other clients was not done. I wonder why this has changed and why you agree with the change... :(

HOLA449
When I was in the corporate world, gossip with clients about other clients was not done. I wonder why this has changed and why you agree with the change... :(

...the current lowering of standards has been lead by Nulabour....obviously some people think this is normal....the end is nigh... <_<

HOLA4410

I don't see it as gossip about clients. If it were 'a woman didn't get a loan' and then a yard of information about the woman then it is gossip and extremely tasteless. However if it is about 6 people faceless people each presenting with a set of variables that yesterday would have indicated loan worthy and today indicate nothing then it is market intelligence of the sort that we start to see patterns which in turn lead to understandings and decisions. It is the sort of thing that I would use in determining an overall sea change in the lending attitude by banks. Obviously the woman in question did and she shared it with a client to inform that client of the market. Perhaps that client was discussing the potential for a loan and she was giving them forewarning that the outcome may not be as would have been expected previously.

HOLA4411
I don't see it as gossip about clients. If it were 'a woman didn't get a loan' and then a yard of information about the woman then it is gossip and extremely tasteless. However if it is about 6 people faceless people each presenting with a set of variables that yesterday would have indicated loan worthy and today indicate nothing then it is market intelligence of the sort that we start to see patterns which in turn lead to understandings and decisions. It is the sort of thing that I would use in determining an overall sea change in the lending attitude by banks. Obviously the woman in question did and she shared it with a client to inform that client of the market. Perhaps that client was discussing the potential for a loan and she was giving them forewarning that the outcome may not be as would have been expected previously.

....she was indirectly complaining against her own company's current credit scoring system which was probably affecting her potential 'bonus' income....her views and comments in the context quoted were not appropriate....she should not be employed in such a role....totally unprofessional... <_<

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest sillybear2

Yeah, but you worked for that company though, not to mention her, and the regional manager (you know, the one auditing his secretary)... Ohh, ohhh.... and that right b1tch!

Anyway, I agree, it's unprofessional.

HOLA4414

I don't think it is too unproffesional she talked 6 applicants, the system ( the bank ). she was merely providing market colour about the bank and its trading positions... if she had have said the banks risk commitee had turned down 6 leveraged LBO loan deals already this quarter.... well that isn't too different. as long as no specifics are involved....

banking thrives on secrecy though... shhh

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Anec - I know I guy that had a young woman come into the bank for a loan and quote "I Wanna get me boobs done" wanna be glamour model! Thankfully she was refused, but personally had I been in his position I would have wanted to see the assets the bank was investing in and a business plan on how the money could have made her employment prospects better :lol: (Yeah I am only human)

Had she been a hooker and not a "wanna be glamour model", she probably would have got the loan, I wonder if the computer ditinguishes between "wanna be" and "sex worker?" I doubt it.

HOLA4418
Guest sillybear2
Anec - I know I guy that had a young woman come into the bank for a loan and quote "I Wanna get me boobs done" wanna be glamour model! Thankfully she was refused, but personally had I been in his position I would have wanted to see the assets the bank was investing in and a business plan on how the money could have made her employment prospects better :lol: (Yeah I am only human)

Any impending repossession of assets would leave her quite deflated, and the risk manager at the bank would be left holding the boobies.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424