House Price Crash Forum

Educating First Time Buyers

HOLA441

Finally the Monkey has come back to HPC to ask for the help of the people.

The Monkey says this.

A member of this site, Warks Lad, has set up a fantastic site which will educate first-time buyers re. the truth about the housing market.

You can see it here:

http://www.firsttimebuyerhelp.co.uk/

Many of us believe that by educating first-time buyers, we are not only preventing them from making a terrible financial mistake but will also speed up the crash too. A win-win situation.

The trouble is that not many first-time buyers know that this site exists.

This is the science part.

A member on here called Giraffe Cat is a bit of a computer whizz-kid jabroni and has found that if we all copy and paste certain code into our signatures then the following will happen. When somebody does a google search for a certain term such as "mortgages", one of the results will be the first-time buyer site. The code can be really small so you can't even read it in the signature but the important thing is that it is there.

Now don't go doing anything yet. When the time is right, Giraffe Cat will tell all of us exactly how to do it. What we need from you now is a list of search terms that you think first-time buyers will put into Google.

It is also really important that you list the terms in order of importance with the most important first.

Let the Monkey start the ball rolling:

mortgages

houses

house

house prices

loans

rightmove

The Monkey thanks the people in anticipation of their response.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Dear Mr Monkey,

"First time buyer" is something I put into google regularly when looking for first time buyer information.

As well as;

"fixed rate mortgage"

"cheap mortgage"

"discount mortgage"

"property for sale"

"fixed price property"

and occasionally

"tunnocks teacakes"

Presumably when this kicks off should we be doing so on other forums that we use as well.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest rigsby II

As much as we all love/hate 'em these should be included for the search engines too...

"Kirsty Allsop"

"Sarah Beeney" :)

You can guess the rest, all the usual suspects and TV program titles.

Because FTBs are brainwashed by them and to a novice, Kirsty Allsop is more memorable and more likely to be typed in than fixed rate capped tracker etc etc....

HOLA446
HOLA447
Well done, THE MONKEY, another splendid idea to sock it to the VI Jabronis.

Keep up the good work.  :)

The Monkey thanks you but the hard work is all that of other people like Giraffe Cat.

The trouble is that they are just everyday jabronis and don't have the star power of the Great One. It takes someone like the Monkey with millions and millions of fans to get the message across to the masses.

The Monkey is a bit like Max Clifford, but good looking, charismatic, idolised and with a big strudel.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Sorry to put a dampener on this but there is no way you will get to the top of googleor other search engines for the term 'mortgage' or derivatives of it with this strategy. These are very highly sought after keywords and mortgage companies literally have paid thousands to optimise their sites for that keyword along with buying text links from high google PR sites to increase their link popularity.

The site in question doesn't really deal with mortgages etc and therefore isn't optimised from a keyword copywiting perspective for this. However, the site is optimised for 'first time buyer', therefore you should concentrate on this search phrase.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

negative equity

repossession

housing ladder

property ladder

affordability

renting

equity

salary

starter home

recession

unemployment

shared ownership

key worker scheme

interest only

A bit bleak, but let's face it, so is the market...

Good work, MONKEY!

HOLA4412

mortgage

Sorry to put a dampener on this but there is no way you will get to the top of googleor other search engines for the term 'mortgage'  or derivatives of it with this strategy.

Thanks to the monkey for bring this to the attention of the forum.

UnsureFTB, I doubt we could get "mortgage" to the top spot on google, But imagine if we could get it onto the 1st page of results. When I tested this I got "liar" to the top spot. As far as I know, I was the only person doing this, I started on the 1st of march, and a month later it was up there on google.

"Mortgage" would be too big for just me to try. But I think if we all do it, we can get it up on the 1st page of results, just not necessarily the very top of the page.

I also found that only the 1st word in the list was successful in getting to the top of the results. This could be different if more people are helping.

The first word on the list is therefore the most important. "Mortgage" is a huge one to go for, but I think it is worth a try. The words that follow may or may not get indexed by google, but lets have them in anyway.

mortgage

Edited by Giraffe Cat

HOLA4413
Guest consa
Thanks to the monkey for bring this to the attention of the forum.

UnsureFTB, I doubt we could get "mortgage" to the top spot on google, But imagine if we could get it onto the 1st page of results.  When I tested this I got "liar" to the top spot. As far as I know, I was the only person doing this, I started on the 1st of march, and a month later it was up there on google.

"Mortgage" would be too big for just me to try. But I think if we all do it, we can get it up on the 1st page of results, just not necessarily the very top of the page.

I also found that only the 1st word in the list was successful in getting to the top of the results. This could be different if more people are helping.

The first word on the list is therefore the most important. "Mortgage" is a huge one to go for, but I think it is worth a try. The words that follow may or may not get indexed by google, but lets have them in anyway.

"House prices UK"

This is a very highly searched phrase second to House price crash and house prices

If we find what we think is the best let me know and I will have it checked and let you know what is the most commonly used search phrase, so we can have a direct impact, very reliable!!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Cheers consa, could you see how these rank:

mortgage

mortgages

estate agent

estate agents

first time buyer

house prices

What you must remember is that what is important is WHAT FIRST-TIME BUYERS PUT IN GOOGLE, not what the general poulation put in google.

This is a specific sub-population we are interested in and we need to get inside their heads.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest consa
Cheers consa, could you see how these rank:

mortgage

mortgages

estate agent

estate agents

first time buyer

house prices

Noted, GC, will anylise them should take a couple of hours max, process anabled, this will show the most commonly used searches for the above phrases.

I will be able to speed the process up tomorrow, better to have a longer list!! for the next one!!

HOLA4419
No need to get into thier heads, we have pleanty of first time buyers on here. What do you put into google?

Doublebubbletrouble puts in "first time buyer"

Yes but the first-time buyers on here are a specific, very small subpoulation of first-time buyers. If you post on this site, you are already well informed about the housing market.

What about the thousands and thousands of other first-time buyers who worship Kirsty and Phil?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

The Monkey still thinks that "mortgage" is the Money Shot - the cream on top of the strudel so to speak.

It's what the type of first-time buyer we are seeking to influence will be searching for. We don't need to influence the ones who don't want a mortgage.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I'd just like to chip in here to thank the efforts of The Monkey and Giraffe Cat as well as all other contributors.

I look forward to seeing the outcome !

Personally, I think the search phrase a good proportion of FTBs would use on Google would be "first time buyer mortgage".

Edited by warks_lad

HOLA4425