House Price Crash Forum

Radio 5 Live Lunchtime News.

Prof

HOLA441

17 minutes into the main lunchtime news, and they finally get to the economic news. They`re talking about company news, the banks etc., and still nothing about the Nationwide figures, after 3 minutes of "waffle".

Maybe if they don`t mention it, it will go away.

Still nothing.....................

Talking about Unilever now. Shampoo might be going up in price.

I wonder if they totally ignore the Nationwide report ?

Take-away restaurants are doing well !

FFS !!!! NOT A MENTION !!

Edited by Prof

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
well is IS the bbc....what did you expect - impartiality ??

No, but I did expect them to quickly whisper the Nationwide figures at the end of the financial report.

On the other hand, a -1.7% fall is nothing to be concerned about. Maybe they`ll report next month`s -2.8% fall.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Lead story on the BBC 1pm News.

I have a theory on this. Please bear (no pun intended) with me.

Lunchtime TV News - Most of the mortgaged up to the eyeballs sheeple will be at work, busily trying to scrape together enough to pay next month`s mortgage, gas and fuel bill. They won`t be able to watch the TV at 1PM.

Lunchtime Radio News - A lot of the working sheeple will be in their cars, travelling to their next job, or to the local sandwich shop, listening to see which energy supplier is the next to raise it`s prices. Better not risk them crashing their vehicle, so we`ll keep quiet about the -1.7%.

OK, it`s only a theory, but I like it.

HOLA4410

BBC R4 12.00 You&Yours had a special panel discussing house prices. Sounded like three bulls to me, one was from the CML, one from national housing association, dont remeber the other.

One bit made my laugh is when the present suggest to David Orr [sp?] that the housing associations should buy up all the unsold new-builds, he said they weren't good enough quality for long-term renting!

I dont suppose they are that much good for buying either

VMR.

HOLA4411
BBC R4 12.00 You&Yours had a special panel discussing house prices. Sounded like three bulls to me, one was from the CML, one from national housing association, dont remeber the other.

One bit made my laugh is when the present suggest to David Orr [sp?] that the housing associations should buy up all the unsold new-builds, he said they weren't good enough quality for long-term renting!

I dont suppose they are that much good for buying either

VMR.

Which fits very nicely into my theory about not giving out too much "bad news" on daytime radio. Keep the slaves, I mean working population happy.

HOLA4412

On the way to work the other day, I was listening to Today on R4. They were talking to Vince Cable, and some other guy, who I think used to be near the top at BB. Vince Cable spoke a lot of sense, and is one of the very few who tell it like it is. This other guy, clearly said that irresponsible lending had not happened, and was therefore nothing to do with the current situation! This was not contested by the BBC guy ( may have been Evan Davies?). If it had not been my own car, I would have kicked the radio!!!

HOLA4413
One bit made my laugh is when the presenter suggest to David Orr [sp?] that the housing associations should buy up all the unsold new-builds, he said they weren't good enough quality for long-term renting!

I think this must be considered a valid addition to the "Big Book of how to make a New Build Flat BTLer Shit Themself".