House Price Crash Forum

Brown Story Re The Glasgow Election Via The Bbc

Guest KingCharles1st

HOLA441
Guest KingCharles1st

Quote- "Mr Brown also said: "I'm getting on with the job. My task is getting on with the job. It's exactly what people want me to do."

Can anyone find fault with his thinking.... :rolleyes:

Full story here

HOLA442
HOLA443
"Let us remember what a Labour government can achieve... "

Ok... err.. I'm trying... hang on.... wasn't there a thing about foxes once?... ah... erm... nope, sorry.

... and what we will achieve in the years to come."

aaaah, the past 11 years were practice government, I see! :rolleyes:

HOLA444

I saw Blears on Sky News earlier, she was asked if a general election should be called, to which she said "No one would want us to call a general election when there are major economic problems around."

Errrr... actually I think quite a lot of people would want a general election, regardless of whatever else is going on.

HOLA445
I saw Blears on Sky News earlier, she was asked if a general election should be called, to which she said "No one would want us to call a general election when there are major economic problems around."

Errrr... actually I think quite a lot of people would want a general election, regardless of whatever else is going on.

It's good that she actually acknowledges there are major economic problems around. Perhaps she should let her boss know. :lol:

HOLA446
Guest sillybear2

Towards the end of the speech Brown made an impassioned plea, he said his government wouldn't buckle to external forces, "like the poor, idiotic, misguided electorate", and that "Robert can keep his Zimbabwe, I'm creating a new one in Britain".

HOLA447

it seems simple to me.

he wanted power, so hes manipulated a lending boom to get the feelgood factor going.

however, tony blair hogged the ebst years and poor gordon just got 1/2 a year before it all went shit shaped.

how fiendish and selfish of a man he must be, to pursue personal ambition at a cost of family stability.

still. thats most uk politicians for you.

HOLA448

Well, shall we tell them then? Found this link on a Telegraph story referenced elsewhere on this site. A direct petition to Broon to call an election immediately.

82 signatories already - I wonder if we could make it over a thousand by the end of the day.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/GoToCountryNow/

Just did my bit - for what it's worth. I wonder if the to$er will listen now?!

B

HOLA449
it seems simple to me.

he wanted power, so hes manipulated a lending boom to get the feelgood factor going.

however, tony blair hogged the ebst years and poor gordon just got 1/2 a year before it all went shit shaped.

how fiendish and selfish of a man he must be, to pursue personal ambition at a cost of family stability.

still. thats most uk politicians for you.

I know its got nothing to do with your post, but I read some comments earlier and had to laugh at the new name someone had given the previous PM. From now on, I'll try to remember him as Tiny Blur and hope all our troubles go away. :lol:

HOLA4410
Found this link on a Telegraph story referenced elsewhere on this site. A direct petition to Broon to call an election immediately.

82 signatories already - I wonder if we could make it over a thousand by the end of the day.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/GoToCountryNow/

Just did my bit - for what it's worth. I wonder if the to$er will listen now?!

B

Has the Torygraph gone mad?

Do you really think Cameron wants to be in power by the autumn? To be the messiah who's going to fix everything - just when it all goes downhill faster?Lunacy, suicide, the Tories are good at knifing leaders in the back. Cameron would get a couple of years of blame then somebody else would take over. Why on earth would he want that?

HOLA4411
Has the Torygraph gone mad?

Do you really think Cameron wants to be in power by the autumn? To be the messiah who's going to fix everything - just when it all goes downhill faster?Lunacy, suicide, the Tories are good at knifing leaders in the back. Cameron would get a couple of years of blame then somebody else would take over. Why on earth would he want that?

Thatcher came to power during an economic mess and she was there for 11 years. I think you underestimate Cameron if you think he would rather see Brown destroy the country than take on the burden of government in difficult times.

HOLA4412
Thatcher came to power during an economic mess and she was there for 11 years. I think you underestimate Cameron if you think he would rather see Brown destroy the country than take on the burden of government in difficult times.

Indeed.

Rule #1 of having a successful career in Corporate life;

NEVER, EVER, EVER, take over a successful site / plant / company / team when you change jobs / companies.

ALWAYS go for a dog in a real mess - then the only way is up, and you've got a half decent chance of looking good. Obviously you need to have some idea of what you're doing, or at least a 5% better idea than the idiot who f*cked it up before you - but that's just life and natural selection really.

And it's also the reason why Cameron should get into power right now, and get stuck in with the help of some experienced and savvy advisers. Most people have more savvy in their trousers than Broon has inside that whole stupid, dysfunctional, retarded head of his....

And don't get me started on the rest of the tw*ts in the Cabinet, who've not had a single Senior Management role, in real-life, between them.

B

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
And it's also the reason why Cameron should get into power right now, and get stuck in with the help of some experienced and savvy advisers. Most people have more savvy in their trousers than Broon has inside that whole stupid, dysfunctional, retarded head of his....

You seem to be forgetting that he has hired Krusty as his housing adviser. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

HOLA4415

==============================================================================

Know him well do you?

HOLA4416
"I'm getting on with the job. My task is getting on with the job.

Well, he's worked out that his job is to do his job, so there's some progress there.

You'd think a man who waited so long to get into the spotlight could have worked out some decent soundbites, at least.

Archived