House Price Crash Forum

Hows This For A Drop ?

HOLA441

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-192...=1&tr_t=buy

This was first "found" by my property bee on 27th Feb , priced at £249,950 . It was reduced on 6th March to "offers in region of £240,000 . It has changed ,this morning to "offers in excess of £200,000 !!!!!!!!

I make that a drop of 20% in less than a month !!

Any other price drop examples ??

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-192...=1&tr_t=buy

This was first "found" by my property bee on 27th Feb , priced at £249,950 . It was reduced on 6th March to "offers in region of £240,000 . It has changed ,this morning to "offers in excess of £200,000 !!!!!!!!

I make that a drop of 20% in less than a month !!

Any other price drop examples ??

4-bed semi - should be worth around £120k in my book. Give it another 2-4 years!!!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

This is my personal favourite. Only 19%, but on close to £2m that is a lot of manooley, ie £400k. Undoubtedly this will annoy the neighbours who now feel half a million quid poorer.

£1,599,950 (DOWN 19% from £1,995,000)

Beech Drive, Kingswood (kt20)

5 bedroom house

Last updated 08 Feb 2008.

Event Historydate event

29 Oct 2007 First day listed (price £1,995,000)

21 Jan 2008 Status changed from listed to delisted

08 Feb 2008 Price changed from £1,995,000 to £1,599,950

Link : Beech Drive

HOLA448

If I were selling now, I would ask for offers above a very low asking price and possibly conduct a sealed auction with interested bidders. I would be under no obligation to accept the highest bid, and would get a good idea of the highest price the market could afford.

Better than asking for a ridiculously high asking price and getting no interest whatsoever

HOLA449

This one is significant cos it's in London and of course we know that prices in London are immune.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-191...=4&tr_t=buy

357500 --> 299950, on sale since 2 Feb.

Never mind that it's in a seriously dingy (excuse me, vibrant) part of London (albeit close to the City), or that there are sinks in each bedroom or that the kitchen is next to one of the bedrooms. It's a great buy-to-let investment, so great in fact that nobody is currently living in it, and the landlord is now attempting to sell it.

This is the sort of place that I have no intention of ever buying but love keeping track of for entertainment.

HOLA4410
Also in Southampton.

This one has just been reduced from £360K to £275K.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-863...=7&tr_t=buy

You can see why they wanted so much money though.

It has, apparently, a 'FITTED BATHROOM SUITE'.

Lots of houses and flats you have to fit the bathroom suite yourselves.

(Estate Agents reall are pr!cks.)

HOLA4411
This one is significant cos it's in London and of course we know that prices in London are immune.

Never mind that it's in a seriously dingy (excuse me, vibrant) part of London (albeit close to the City), or that there are sinks in each bedroom or that the kitchen is next to one of the bedrooms. It's a great buy-to-let investment, so great in fact that nobody is currently living in it, and the landlord is now attempting to sell it.

This is the sort of place that I have no intention of ever buying but love keeping track of for entertainment.

Oh dear, its over a shop, in fact isn't it an estate agents.

I'd never buy in such a place as there is now a major risk that one day you have an estate agents, the next you end up with a curry house or fish shop - that would along knock another £70k off.

HOLA4412

My Dad's stamping ground. Used to be one of the biggest holes in London but everyone in London is so rich they have to live somewhere so even the holes are expensive.

I was watching a film on the box last night and a woman who was a teacher was living in what, over here, would be at least a million quids worth of house. Yanks must think we are truly insane when they come here and see 2 up 2 down former farm worker's cottages in Thameside villages up for sale for £350k. '11' wide and 23' deep over two floors, these undeceptively tiny cottages are much, much smaller than your garage block.' They must think we're bonkers. And a poxy flat, over a shop, in a grotty part of London, with bins and crap from the shops around the bottom of the stairs leading up to the flat for 300k - completely insane. That flat should be about 40k top whack.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Wow £425k reduction, I am taking this on the basis of the £690k entry which is the latest in the history rather than the headline reduction to £799k.

When homes in this bracket start falling, anyone who was trying to sell a £700k house is going to have to admit they are overpriced and reduce to £500k.

HOLA4415

My experience of looking in the Cambridge area is that the only ones to fall in price so far are grotty ones which are very clearly priced above the market - there's one classically awful bungalow for £420k (!) which has gone down quite a lot; the decent family homes are resolutely keeping their prices, although the majority of them are not selling yet...

I guess that's predictable though - the worst examples of overpricing are clearly going to be the first casualties. I think we'll need this to go on a bit longer before the nicer places start to shift their prices. (c.f. Rightmove stats today - talk about denial!)

HOLA4416
Also in Southampton.

This one has just been reduced from £360K to £275K.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-863...=7&tr_t=buy

New build crap true value in the real world about £125k , the agents can't even get the marketing of it right , calling it a 2 bed house , then a luxury waterside apartment , rubbish.

HOLA4417
My experience of looking in the Cambridge area is that the only ones to fall in price so far are grotty ones which are very clearly priced above the market - there's one classically awful bungalow for £420k (!) which has gone down quite a lot; the decent family homes are resolutely keeping their prices, although the majority of them are not selling yet...

I guess that's predictable though - the worst examples of overpricing are clearly going to be the first casualties. I think we'll need this to go on a bit longer before the nicer places start to shift their prices. (c.f. Rightmove stats today - talk about denial!)

Could that be why they are not selling....if people do not have the money to buy them, or do not want to borrow the money to buy them, or are unable to borrow the money to buy them, and all they can see if they do buy them is for them to fall in value...why bother at this point in time....better things to do with hard earned money, than purchase an over priced asset. ;)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421