House Price Crash Forum

Lehman Brothers Entering Death Spiral

HOLA441

[quote name='wellandpower' date='Mar 17 2008, 01:12 PM' post='1017966'

You might be the little optimistic ray of sunshine in some dark dark clouds.

:lol: I wish my mates would agree with you. I am perenially called a "doomster" over my predictions regarding housing / the economy. Lets see what happens....

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
...now this may be a very stupid question: but do the US take Good Friday and the following Monday as public holidays?

They're not official public holidays and many, if not most, people don't have the days off, but I think the markets on Wall Street might close (or close early on Good Friday).

HOLA445
Good point. He didn't say 'no more boom and apocalypse' either ... but look what we are getting.

I wonder when the US government is going to do something proper about this - and allow the banks that caused the problems to go to the wall. We should have let Northern Rock go.

FFS, it's turning into the wild west before our eyes. Time to get a shotgun and some cattle to provide food & protection.

Bush will probably just nuke the US population - an easy solution to any unrest come autumn. :lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest grumpy-old-man
Got to love Sky News / News 24.

No detail on the DOW opening. Just Heather Mills McCartney giving me a serious ear ache......

cringeworthy isn't it......

I've been told by Mrs GOM not to watch that channel, as I end up arguing with the presenters. :rolleyes::D

bill turnip & curry'n'chips declan, now there's a duo I would like to discuss recent events with.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
And what did Captain America say?

p-o-p

Bush:-

"The US is on top of the situation, our financial isntitutions are strong and our capital markets are working efficiently and effectively"

Thanked Paulson for working the weekend etc etc.

News 24 only showed a brief snippet. They were far too interested in Mill-McCartney. The above quote sums it up.....he must be having a laugh..

Lehman shares down around 23% today so far.

HOLA4411
Bush:-

"The US is on top of the situation, our financial isntitutions are strong and our capital markets are working efficiently and effectively"

Thanked Paulson for working the weekend etc etc.

News 24 only showed a brief snippet. They were far too interested in Mill-McCartney. The above quote sums it up.....he must be having a laugh..

Lehman shares down around 23% today so far.

Oh, that's alright then. Some other people, probably less well informed, have been saying that there might be some problems.

Hope he gives Mr Paulson the rest of the week off but asks him to stay in town, just in case he's needed again.

p-o-p