House Price Crash Forum

Bracknell Flats Anecdotal

HOLA441

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-158...=1&tr_t=buy

I thought I saw a big sign outside this development in the summer saying "From £234,000". I refrained from posting the above link before as the sign isn't there now and I wasn't certain, but a chap in my office just said he's thinking of going for one of the flats, in his words "they were over £230k a few months back"

If he is correct, the proposed prices have come down about £50,000.

If anyone can confirm this I'd be grateful, as I'm thinking of telling my colleague to hold off or make a "silly offer". £175k for a one bed flat in Bracknell still sounds daft to me.

HOLA442

I thought I saw a big sign outside this development in the summer saying "From £234,000". I refrained from posting the above link before as the sign isn't there now and I wasn't certain, but a chap in my office just said he's thinking of going for one of the flats, in his words "they were over £230k a few months back"

If anyone can confirm this I'd be grateful, as I'm thinking of telling my colleague to hold off or make a "silly offer". £175k for a one bed flat in Bracknell still sounds daft to me.

Also, what is a "stainless steel style" oven? Is it shiny and metal but really made from tin foil?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Does this house come with the advertised fixtures and fittings & wildlife...a novel way of presenting your property. ;)

£250k for the hedgehog (remember, it's genitals can be pickled, if it's chap), and £100k for the house.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Also, what is a "stainless steel style" oven? Is it shiny and metal but really made from tin foil?

If they're anything like "stainless steel" microwave ovens they'll have sheet stainless steel on the outside, but the inside which gets covered in steamed on crud will be spray painted steel which goes rusty.

Edited by Jeff Ross

HOLA4411

I grew up in Bracknell, this development is right next to an awful estate, (Bullbrook) plauged with drug abuse and unemployment, although thanks to Gordons miracle many probably have jobs now, all being low paid. You would have to be on crack cocaine to purchase one of these flats at those utterly ridicoulouis prices, besides that, Bracknell is a very cardboard town, nothing happening there apart from it's proximity to jobs in the software/IT sector and nothing lasts forever.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest tbatst2000
I grew up in Bracknell, this development is right next to an awful estate, (Bullbrook) plauged with drug abuse and unemployment, although thanks to Gordons miracle many probably have jobs now, all being low paid. You would have to be on crack cocaine to purchase one of these flats at those utterly ridicoulouis prices, besides that, Bracknell is a very cardboard town, nothing happening there apart from it's proximity to jobs in the software/IT sector and nothing lasts forever.

Bracknell used often to be referred to as /brack/null by the Unix geeks I knew in the 80s. A reference to DESC (I think) being there as well as its general awfullness.