House Price Crash Forum

News24: Penny Finally Drops!

adren

HOLA441

*sexist comment - sorry.

Moving swiftly on...

On N24 they were interviewing some city type and in the background is a screen - the spreadsheet sort that flashes green or red if a price changes up or down. Anyways, this guy is trying to put a bit of oil on troubled waters while behind him the screen is quietly giving the old red pixels a good workout.

Heh heh.

Property prices are next.

HOLA442
HOLA443
not necessarily, the blonde could well have been a man for all we knew? You're not being sexist, just blondist ;)

The blonde fortunately was female, and if goonboy was in the studio she would definitely "get it"

she might also understand about the financial markets too as well!

HOLA444
not necessarily, the blonde could well have been a man for all we knew? You're not being sexist, just blondist ;)

Sorry, I should have been more explicit.

I meant "blonde" in the Sun's interpretation, which, I believe, always implies being female.

eg, blonde wins Nobel Prize for physics

or

800 people die in horiffic mid-air collision: blonde survives

and so on.

HOLA445
HOLA446

<pedant>

While many languages (e.g., French, German etc.) have masculine and feminine (and sometimes neutral) cases, English does not, except for the adjective "blonde", which takes the form "blond" for a masculine subject, and "blonde" for a feminine subject. Hence, a blonde woman and a blond man. The original poster could only have been referring to a woman.

</pedant>

HOLA447
<pedant>

While many languages (e.g., French, German etc.) have masculine and feminine (and sometimes neutral) cases, English does not, except for the adjective "blonde", which takes the form "blond" for a masculine subject, and "blonde" for a feminine subject. Hence, a blonde woman and a blond man. The original poster could only have been referring to a woman.

</pedant>

well I never... you learn something new every day eh? God bless HPC!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

It is on news24 now, FTSE down massive 198 point close to the 6000 level where we have not been since 17th March 2006 and when the US market opens more falls could follow. Interesting times ahead and the credit crunch is unavoidable.

Watch out for US market when it opens this afternoon at 2.00pm our time.

HOLA4412

Crumbs. I spoke too soon.

Just seen Julius Caesar[sic] on BBC Lunchtime.

Situation:

Gigantic stock correction accompanied by bottomless pit of bad debt; governments intervening in deparataion to avoid potentially catastrophic breakdown of economic system; Credit impossible to come by, investments dry up, companies fold, pensions and investments collapse, people lose jobs, income disappears, recession, depression, pestilence, floods, cats and dogs living together.... OMFG....

Editorial:

(I paraphrase)

"This could be good news for people with mortgages because it means rates might stay where thay are for the time being..."

Eh?

Whaaaat????

HOLA4413
<pedant>

</pedant>

Your XML is not well formed ;)

Now THATS pedantry!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Crumbs. I spoke too soon.

Just seen Julius Caesar[sic] on BBC Lunchtime.

Situation:

Gigantic stock correction accompanied by bottomless pit of bad debt; governments intervening in deparataion to avoid potentially catastrophic breakdown of economic system; Credit impossible to come by, investments dry up, companies fold, pensions and investments collapse, people lose jobs, income disappears, recession, depression, pestilence, floods, cats and dogs living together.... OMFG....

Editorial:

(I paraphrase)

"This could be good news for people with mortgages because it means rates might stay where thay are for the time being..."

Eh?

Whaaaat????

I heard that, I just turned the telly off and walked out of the room. :rolleyes:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Declan is capable of explaining anything to anyone is a manner such that they will understand! Sometimes the financial people being interviewed don't seem all that bright, though.

yeas I know,it's all dumbed down to janet& john book 1.

....he doesn't delve into the genetic manipulation of the Mr.Men.

Just that Mr.Tickle has very,very long arms and can tickle you from a long,long way away! :P

...cue tickle your toddler to make them laugh!!

nice little spot of bedtime reading. :rolleyes: