House Price Crash Forum

Shares Going Down Again

HOLA441

Europe Last Trade Change Related Information

^AEX AEX (Netherlands) 516.86 9:15am -4.66 (-0.89%) Chart, Components, more...

^ATX ATX (Austria) 4,582.38 9:00am -36.05 (-0.78%) Chart, more...

^BFX BEL-20 (Belgium) 4,237.64 9:15am -43.50 (-1.02%) Chart, Components, more...

^FCHI CAC 40 (France) 5,533.92 9:15am -63.97 (-1.14%) Chart, Components, more...

^GDAXI DAX (Germany) 7,416.32 9:00am -19.35 (-0.26%) Chart, Components, more...

^FTSE FTSE 100 (United Kingdom) 6,185.60 9:15am -38.70 (-0.62%) Chart, Components, more...

^IETP ISEQ20 (Ireland) 1,320.78 9:15am -23.17 (-1.72%) Chart, more...

^SMSI Madrid General (Spain) 1,602.15 3 Aug -16.57 (-1.02%) Chart, Components, more...

OMXC20.CO OMX Copenhagen 20 (Denmark) 490.33 9:13am -5.53 (-1.12%) Chart, more...

^OMXSPI OMX Stockholm 30 (Sweden) 390.26 9:13am -5.50 (-1.39%) Chart, more...

PSI.NX PSI 20 (Portugal) 13,522.80 10 Jul -17.41 (-0.13%) Chart, more...

^SPMIB S&P Mib (Italy) 39,160.00 9:15am -215.00 (-0.55%) Chart, more...

^SSMI Swiss Market (Switzerland) 8,593.40 9:15am -78.03 (-0.90%) Chart, Components, more...

^OSEAX Total Share (Norway) 547.46 8:59am -8.47 (-1.52%) Chart, more...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

August 5, 2007- Market Summary

In our last report, we mentioned that the spreading credit problem in the mortgage and corporate lending markets contributed to very sharp declines across all major indexes. As you can see from the charts below, this continued to be a primary concern as traders watched American Home and Mortgage Investment Corp. (NYSE:AHM) drop 90% because of its inability to payoff debts. The chart of the Russell is still of specific interest because it is nearing the support of its long-term trendline.

AHM shares have dropped from $30 to $0.75 since beginning of year. $10 last week now $0.75 oooouuuccccccchhhhhhh. Reminds me a little of the dot.com saga.

HOLA445
HOLA446
The FED can not cut rates as ever man and his dog now wants out of the fiat $USD and putting rates up will upset the american public that are saddled with debt so i think they will keep rates on hold.

God don't you just love GW-Bush's america

230707cop.jpg

Yes indeed. According to the World bank the US now owes 11.8 trillion $. :o

However, Gordo has dropped us in it to a far greater extent: 10 trillion $. Given that our population is one fifth of the size and our GDP much tinier you could say that the fiat pound is in a lot more trouble. The only reason sterling is high is because HPI is still continuing according to the Haliwide.

http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/D...1805415,00.html

I am not sure I love GB idea of "Britain" these days. HPI-MEW-BTL economy and multicultural immigration pit. Add is big police state brother surveillance and it all adds up to a Britain I think I would rather see chnaged.

BTW, your photo above was repeated on "The Bill" the other night--all dressed in black with sub-machine guns and laser sites. Couldn't find a graphic though.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Popalot
It isnt the end of the world as we know it. There have been serious market corrections in the previous two years and in both cases the market then rose stronger than ever.

Yes, but not with this particularly heady cocktail of exposure of debt.....This is the one which people have been predicting for years. It may stitch itself up and lurch back into the jungle for a while, but the haemorrhaging is underway and will not be stopped now.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

China stock market up by 1.48% last night I notice - their market is rising by about 10% a week at present. Soon everything will be China-centric. China will be the world's biggest economy in a few years time.

Edited by penbat1

HOLA4411
Guest Popalot
China stock market up by 1.48% last night I notice - their market is rising by about 10% a week at present. Soon everything will be China-centric. China will be the world's biggest economy in a few years time.

You don't say....... :P

HOLA4412

China and Korea are the only 2 up:

Asia/Pacific Last Trade Change Related Information

^AORD All Ordinaries (Australia) 5,949.50 7:11am -106.40 (-1.76%) Chart, more...

^BSESN BSE 30 (India) 14,840.27 10:17am -298.13 (-1.97%) Chart, more...

^HSI Hang Seng (Hong Kong) 21,936.73 9:01am -601.71 (-2.67%) Chart, more...

^JKSE Jakarta Composite (Indonesia) 2,189.11 10:17am -81.75 (-3.60%) Chart, more...

^KLSE KLSE Composite (Malaysia) 1,290.90 10:00am -42.38 (-3.18%) Chart, more...

^NZ50 NZSE 50 (New Zealand) 4,075.19 6:01am -47.23 (-1.15%) Chart, more...

^N225 Nikkei 225 (Japan) 16,914.46 7:00am -65.40 (-0.39%) Chart, more...

^KS11 Seoul Composite (South Korea) 1,855.05 10:06am 1.98 ( +0.11% ) Chart, more...

000001.SS Shanghai Composite (China) 4,628.11 8:00am 67.33 ( +1.48%) Chart, more...

^STI Strait Times (Singapore) 3,308.99 9:59am -127.05 (-3.70%) Chart, more...

^TWII Taiwan Weighted (Taiwan) 8,941.73 6:46am -116.09 (-1.28%) Chart, more...

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA4413

I love this market speculation and economic insight by anonymous discussion forum nonentities.

Todays market is bobbing around 6200 and nowt much is happening. Wall St opening will result in a spike or a drop followed by a correction.

I'm short on the day with a target closing position of 6160. Anything below 6209 will put me in profit. £10 a point.

America isn't going bankrupt and neither is Blighty. Both sit in the top 6 of richest countries and will stay there for a while yet.

ANDY

HOLA4414
America isn't going bankrupt and neither is Blighty.

I am sorry to inform you that the United States ARE bankrupt, and the Fed itself knows best about it. Please read:

Is the United States Bankrupt?- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, July/August 2006, 88(4), pp. 235-49.

Online version: http://research.stlouisfed.org/publication...7/Kotlikoff.pdf

HOLA4415

Yeah yeah yeah, read all that sort of thing a hundred times. But it doesn't happen does it?

The reality is the US can dictate terms of trade to the rest of the planet as it can fight any one of them with one hand tied behind its back. There comes a time when economic theory hits real world reality. For example the US could turn off the GPS signal over Europe if it was annoyed enough. Or sink the Chinese Navy and blockade the country crippling its economy.

The US economy does have problems. But I'd rather have the US economy to manage with its problems than any other.

Its all very well being a Presbyterian Germanic engineering and export fanatic but they only achieve it by having sod all world influence and the average Schmidt has no more spending power than the average Smith.

ANDY

HOLA4416
I love this market speculation and economic insight by anonymous discussion forum nonentities.

You mean you are THE Andy Jones and not another anonymous discussion forum nonentity? How exciting to meet you.

Todays market is bobbing around 6200 and nowt much is happening.

I think you can take it that we all have access to market data.

Wall St opening will result in a spike or a drop followed by a correction.

Today will be cloudy or sunny and warm or chilly.

I'm short on the day with a target closing position of 6160. Anything below 6209 will put me in profit. £10 a point.

Almost everyone who spread bets loses money in the long term. I don't see you as one of the minority here. Close your position and close your account.

HOLA4417
Yeah yeah yeah, read all that sort of thing a hundred times. But it doesn't happen does it?

Oh yes, it happened in 1971. If you had gold certificates issued by the US (i.e. 'Dollars'), you were screwed over.

The reality is the US can dictate terms of trade to the rest of the planet as it can fight any one of them with one hand tied behind its back. There comes a time when economic theory hits real world reality. For example the US could turn off the GPS signal over Europe if it was annoyed enough. Or sink the Chinese Navy and blockade the country crippling its economy.

I used to think like that but move more and more away from it.

(1) There is a reason why China has recently demonstrated they can shoot down satellites as they wish to. The US has no military power whatsoever over China. Also not over Russia, if you ask me. The US can not even dominate a tribal society like Iraq.

(2) The US Empire is sort of ridiculous because rather than taking away their vasal's gold, they stuff them with paper debt. They have only the choice to refuse to pay back (economic hell will brake loose), or to inflate their way out of it (economic hell will brake loose).

Anyway, markets are there because people have different opinions. I'll be happy to invest in the US once the DJIA is even with the price of gold, and I can get a house in the Midwest for a few gold coins.

HOLA4418
Guest tbatst2000

<schoolyard>takes one to know one I guess</schoolyard>

HOLA4419

Brainhurts - its my name and my position. Neither may be of interest to you but then your pseudonym and your absence of position is even less interesting to everyone else. And I make about £12k a year on Spread Betting the major stock markets. Its tax free and as all my allowances are maxed it makes sense to use SB as an investment vehicle and a source of entertainment.

Goldfinger. There have been countless books, articles and pundits forecasting the collapse of the US economy for over a hundred years. It never happens.

Any nation causing the President severe displeasure can and will be punished. China has a tiny Navy which a single US fleet could sink. They could then be blockaded at will. Russia has a strategic nuclear deterrent which they are about to lose.

Everybody else is a minnow.

ANDY

Edited by Andy Jones

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Erm - its just a thought - don't you think we might be looking at a speculative bubble in China and that we should consider the possibility of it bursting?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Erm - its just a thought - don't you think we might be looking at a speculative bubble in China and that we should consider the possibility of it bursting?

The Chinese economy has had double digit growth for the last 5 years and if anything growth is even now accelerating. All the predictions are for hi growth for another 10 years. It is not yet even a mature economy.

HOLA4425
And I make about £12k a year on Spread Betting the major stock markets

Everyone starts that way - a couple of minor wins and they appoint themselves Big Swinging Dicks and Masters of the Universe. This is genuine advice: get out while you still can and put any money you have left in National Savings products, many of which are tax free.