House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Orders M Ps To Send Out Information Packs

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...01/nelec201.xml

Say Gordon is exciting, Labour MPs told

By Melissa Kite, Sunday Telegraph
Last Updated: 11:49pm BST 30/06/2007
Labour may well be brimming with admiration for Gordon Brown but the new Prime Minister is leaving nothing to chance. Mr Brown has instructed his MPs to tell voters how "inspiring" and "exciting" they find him and what a "pleasure" it is to work with him.
A slick campaign pack sent out last week instructs Labour MPs and candidates to mail thousands of voters to boast how happy they are with the change of prime minister.
Entitled "Introducing Gordon Brown as Prime Minister to your constituents", the book contains 25 pages of instructions on how MPs are to talk about Mr Brown. It says that a general election strategy called "Keep it Labour" is already in full swing and, in a call to arms, states: "The next general election starts NOW."

This is worrying. This reminds me of the kind of psychopathic behaviour exhibited by autocratic personalities such as Saddam, Adolf, Uncle Joe and various others who use intimidation as a tactic to get their own way. What is even more worrying is that this kind of thing is done so openly. Say what you like about our Tony--I seriously doubt he would have ordered his MPs to tell voters that he is "Mr Excitement" or such like.

If this story is for real my bet is that the "Men in Grey Suits" will be visiting No. 10 quite early on in his reign.

HOLA442
HOLA443

"It has been a really exciting and inspiring week. There is no doubt that Gordon has been a brilliant Chancellor, delivering economic stability, more jobs, a fairer deal for pensioners plus extra money for our local schools and hospitals."

This is not funny. It is beyond egotistical. As a student of history I cannot recall any leader ever issuing such a command about their personality and how wonderful it is. Its the sort of thing you might expect from Caligula or some other Caesar with delusions of divinity but a modern-day politician???

For a moment last night I was wondering if I ought to give GB a little room to prove that he can repent for his miracle. I am now convinced that we have a very dangerous man at the helm.

HOLA444

Last year my old mum received a letter saying that a government official was coming to visit her to talk about her "entitlements". Being in her 80's, heard of hearing and a bit nervous with officialdom I went round to be there when this uninivited guest was due.

This pathetic jobsworth appeared and launched into a spiel about what the chancellor, Gordon Brown, was doing for pensioners. It was a disgusting piece of political rubbish coming from a public employee.

I cut short his drivel, pointed out my mother's circumstances and asked if she was entitled to anything. He replied, "No" and asked if there was anything else we would like to see the government do to help. I pointed out they could reduce the income tax they take from my mother's pension. He smiled ruefully and left.

Life in Britain under Nulabor. :(

HOLA445
HOLA446

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews...01?rpc=401&

Taking over from Tony Blair on Wednesday, Brown had pledged to end the politics of celebrity, where style came before substance and presentation was a substitute for policy -- criticisms often levelled at his predecessor.

Mr. Meldrew listening to Gordon's "new and fresh approach to politics:"

Uh-huh.............yes...............mmm-mmm.............uh-hu.......................yes.............mmmm-mmm.................

HOLA447
HOLA448
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...01/nelec201.xml

Say Gordon is exciting, Labour MPs told

By Melissa Kite, Sunday Telegraph
Last Updated: 11:49pm BST 30/06/2007
Labour may well be brimming with admiration for Gordon Brown but the new Prime Minister is leaving nothing to chance. Mr Brown has instructed his MPs to tell voters how "inspiring" and "exciting" they find him and what a "pleasure" it is to work with him.
A slick campaign pack sent out last week instructs Labour MPs and candidates to mail thousands of voters to boast how happy they are with the change of prime minister.
Entitled "Introducing Gordon Brown as Prime Minister to your constituents", the book contains 25 pages of instructions on how MPs are to talk about Mr Brown. It says that a general election strategy called "Keep it Labour" is already in full swing and, in a call to arms, states: "The next general election starts NOW."

This is worrying. This reminds me of the kind of psychopathic behaviour exhibited by autocratic personalities such as Saddam, Adolf, Uncle Joe and various others who use intimidation as a tactic to get their own way. What is even more worrying is that this kind of thing is done so openly. Say what you like about our Tony--I seriously doubt he would have ordered his MPs to tell voters that he is "Mr Excitement" or such like.

If this story is for real my bet is that the "Men in Grey Suits" will be visiting No. 10 quite early on in his reign.

.....this lunatic has taken over the asylum...it is sinister...even Blair didn't sink this low ..!

HOLA449
Guest Bart of Darkness
Mr Brown has instructed his MPs to tell voters how "inspiring" and "exciting" they find him and what a "pleasure" it is to work with him.

All NuLabour MP's are automatically goodthinkful. To suggest otherwise is crimethink. Please resubmit this thread to the appropriate authorities for rectification.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
All NuLabour MP's are automatically goodthinkful. To suggest otherwise is crimethink. Please resubmit this thread to the appropriate authorities for rectification.

Spot on! I'd post loads of guffaws Bart if it wasn't so terryfying....

:(

How did we get to this?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Gosh, the leader of the Labour party is thinking about when the next General Election will be held and the central office have sent out information to the consituency parties mentioning "on message" things to say about the leader of the Labour party and the presumptive candidate at the next general election.

Utterly shocking! Etc etc.

Sarcasm off. How on earth did you think these things work that this strikes you as worthy of comment?

I remember seeing the same handout about John Smith back in the day when I was interested in such things.

I'm sure there is a similar document regarding Cameron in circulation, probably several as these things evolve.

There will certainly be what amount to volumes re: Tony Blair making their way to the shredder as we speak, they rejig the stuff from time to time to take into account recent trends and events. The suggestion that "Blair didn't sink this low" is laughable, he has practically bankrupted the Labour party moving their PR operation up several notches to become more efficient in exactly this sort of thing after the American model.

The pollsters and the focus group people will have been out, identified strengths and weaknesses, perceptions of risks and opportunities and come back with a list of words that they want to make their message about Gordon Brown. MPs are being asked to use that form of words so that they stay coherent and "on message", disparate random comments won't add up to much, repetition and consistency is important in forming opinion within the electorate.

This is just passing the news on.

It turns out many of our resident "cynics" are somewhat credulous if this comes as any surprise!

<_<

HOLA4414
Guest Skint Academic

I had basically come to the conclusion that Crash Gordon and the MPC were deliberately sustaining the bubble for as long as possible. Confirmation of this is would be an early election being called before the HPC truly kicks off. So next step will be for our beloved leader to sell off as much as possible to buy votes. He doesn't have to care about the future, he just has to care about making the books balance for the next year. And here is where the plan seems to come unstuck. Gordon has the boomer vote but also needs either the pensioners or younger generation, especially as he now cannot rely on buying out Scotland or Wales with public sector jobs.

Obviously he is hoping that shared equity will placate the younger generation but let's be honest here, it won't. They have no hope of a house, an education or a pension. But Gordon has raided pensions and he can't easily go back on that. But pensions are also important to the baby boomers, so I reckon he will try winning back the pensioner vote (and they do vote in large numbers), which means shafting the rest of us. At the very least this means prioritising funding for the NHS. Free dentistry and prescriptions for OAPs might also be on the cards. And if the younger generation start to riot (unlikely) or there is a steady increase in anti-social behaviour (already happening) then this also means the potential voters get scared and will appreciate extra funding for the police.

But how to pay for it?

So let's see, force people to save for pensions and tax them to the hilt, even though no one wants a pension because they know stuffing money under the mattress has a better saving rate (for example, my parents took out a pension promising 7K a year, paid into it for 20 years and now all they can expect is 1.5K pa). Or they might even completely privatise the state pension ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2030721.stm

So what else can they sell out that the potential voters do not care about? Oh yes, let's have more private finance initiatives for education!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/1258837.stm

Any other ideas on how he will shaft the future of this country to win the next election?

Edited by Skint Academic