• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

50% - the gutting thing is my rent is 'low' (!) compared to anything else similar I could get, and my wages are average for the area.

Time to diversify. Anyone want to buy any coke, weapons, or Filipino women??

HOLA445
Hi guys, I was just wondering how much you are paying in rent as a proportion of your income.

I'm currently paying 20% of my net monthly income on rent, but am planning to upgrade to a place that is around 30%, and am trying to find out how that compares to other HPC'ers.

Approx 10%

HOLA446
Hi guys, I was just wondering how much you are paying in rent as a proportion of your income.

I'm currently paying 20% of my net monthly income on rent, but am planning to upgrade to a place that is around 30%, and am trying to find out how that compares to other HPC'ers.

I suspect you'll get some rather unrealistic answers.

This lot claim to pay buttons to the land-lord, save four figures a month in preparing for the "great crash", while enjoying the life of Riley :rolleyes:

Oh, probably doesn't help but my mortgage is 15 per cent of gross monthly income. Renting a similar property would push this up to 28 per cent.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
I suspect you'll get some rather unrealistic answers.

This lot claim to pay buttons to the land-lord, save four figures a month in preparing for the "great crash", while enjoying the life of Riley :rolleyes:

Oh, probably doesn't help but my mortgage is 15 per cent of gross monthly income. Renting a similar property would push this up to 28 per cent.

How long ago did you buy?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
50% - the gutting thing is my rent is 'low' (!) compared to anything else similar I could get, and my wages are average for the area.

Time to diversify. Anyone want to buy any coke, weapons, or Filipino women??

Buy, I thought you liked renting.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I'm currently at 10% of gross or 15% of net (joint income), additionally we are putting 21% of net into savings each month.

We are possibly about to move to a very nice 3 bed cottage, in a very plush area for 14% gross or 20% net.

You've got to love the mortgage interest subsidising landlords ;)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

When we move, I would (theoretically) be paying 42% of my income in rent.

However, the cunning plan is that if we sell, the rent will be more than covered from the after tax income from the sale proceeds.

If we don't sell, then we'll let, and, assuming we get the worst price that the letting agent estimates, then that rental income (after tax and expenses) should also cover the rent on the new place.

As a convinced bear, I would rather sell than let but we may have left it a bit too late to get off the sinking ship. I can feel the cold and clammy waters lapping around my ankles...

HOLA4424
Guest Bart of Darkness

About 8-9% of net income. The percentage should fall in the next tax year as I'll pay less tax due to having become a Limited company.

Edited by Bart of Darkness

HOLA4425