HOLA441
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
The LR figures are the ones I usually look at. They are based on real and completed sales on a reasonable volume.

However, if you can show me the Halifax link then I'll have a look at those figures from time to time as well.

use nethouseprices or similar to have a look at the sales mix between 2005 and 2006 and then decide if they have really gone up 10% - the Halifax does this for you to an extent

if you want my honest opinion of house prices around here i would say they haven't changed since 2004, especially at the top end

HOLA444
jeez, this is the most derailed thread i've ever seen! stellar...

So, on the subject of derailments, I'd never ever employ someone who can't distinguish between loose and lose and in this I imagine I am no different from the majority of employers . . . perhaps Sam is renting because of personal inadequacies rather than the unfairness of the system.

HOLA445
So, on the subject of derailments, I'd never ever employ someone who can't distinguish between loose and lose and in this I imagine I am no different from the majority of employers . . . perhaps Sam is renting because of personal inadequacies rather than the unfairness of the system.

Blimey, that's a bit harsh BTB. Having a bad day?

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

HOLA446

And after it has been pointed out to them many, many times.

Hey BTB I bet you don`t stand for alot, tennant, your for you`re etc, etc, etc. I loved that film The King And I. :D

Ole !

:P

HOLA447
HOLA448

:lol::lol::lol:

I just cannot believe what i am reading, i find it near amazing that some of you are so highly strung on your Bear mantra that you cannot except that prices HAVE been rising since 2003.

I dearly hope we get a property crash, and i am certain we will get there one day, but i refuse to see things as black and white as some on here.

So a troll is someone who writes ANYTHING bearish, mmmmmm, how fragile some must be on here.

Sam

p.s thanks for the Guy that said the bit about getting over the relationship(sorry forget your name), sometimes you have to get off the ride for a while, just hope i can get back on at some point.

Edited by sam

HOLA449

DICK!!!

probably have a far greater turnover than you, and i would never employ someone so an*l

Edited by sam

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

SAM!

Remember, these are just "paper" losses. ;)

In my experience, intelligence always wins out in the end. You are cursed with intelligence, which resulted in you not purchasing an overpriced asset. I know that it is hard to do but just try to hold out a little longer. To quote Jimi, "Castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually". You know this is unsustainable and must stop and crash at some point. It will happen! In my opinion we do not have long to wait, HPC is already real in many parts of the country. Time and tide will take care of London (where I am) and the rest.

Have strength in you convictions and intelligence. Cmon, buddy, be brave!

HOLA4412

You.... are..... a...... lick a d!ck, A1 a$$hole. Begone!

HOLA4413
SAM!

Remember, these are just "paper" losses. ;)

In my experience, intelligence always wins out in the end. You are cursed with intelligence, which resulted in you not purchasing an overpriced asset. I know that it is hard to do but just try to hold out a little longer. To quote Jimi, "Castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually". You know this is unsustainable and must stop and crash at some point. It will happen! In my opinion we do not have long to wait, HPC is already real in many parts of the country. Time and tide will take care of London (where I am) and the rest.

Have strength in you convictions and intelligence. Cmon, buddy, be brave!

Thanks Burned out, you are right, not being ignorant and being ok at maths is a curse :)

Have your nose rubbed in it by idiots is at the least frustrating, the house i was talking about(and i am afraid it is real) is the place they bought over the last few years.

I know it is going to crumble, but the wait is driving me nuts, thanks for the kind words anyway,

HOLA4414
Guest Bart of Darkness
You really are just a vulgar little opportunist

homefree is just saying the same thing you are sam, missed the boat, if only I'd bought in 2003, 120k equity etc. etc. Just in a more direct manner.

He's your dalk half. Stealth troll bull vs. overt troll bull. Am I the only one to see this?

HOLA4415
Thanks Burned out, you are right, not being ignorant and being ok at maths is a curse :)

Have your nose rubbed in it by idiots is at the least frustrating, the house i was talking about(and i am afraid it is real) is the place they bought over the last few years.

I know it is going to crumble, but the wait is driving me nuts, thanks for the kind words anyway,

I feel the constant burden of my superior intelligence every day. :P I find it best to sneer and laugh in the face of fools in order to maintain a higher level of sanity over the unthinking sheep.

Just look at all the bearish signs out there. The most significant is the HPC in the States. The recession that will hit the States in Q3 (when GDP is properly calculated with real inflation) will instigate a global credit crunch. Any thoughts of the UK escaping this crunch, especially in London, are mere delusions of the unthinking. Ironically, the trigger for HPC will be HPI itself. The sub-prime meltdown in the States is just the beginning.

Sam, you've held out this long, now is the time to sit back and enjoy the coming financial apocalypse with the knowledge that you called it correctly.

Another indicator of the end is the ridiculous attempt by bulls to explain why "it's different this time". I am still waiting for a valid reason why HPI will continue in perpetuity. The absence of reason and the idiocy of fools are clear indicators that, as with every other bubble, the bust is inevitable.

Edited by Burned Out

HOLA4416
Guest muttley
HOLA4417
When i was coming out of a long term relationship in 2002/2003 there was a property close to Saffron Walden that i was seriously looking at as a move on with my life new home, old'ish building with a little land and some old out buildings, my dream place, it would have been a struggle back then to afford it, but i could have done it.

Today it is back on the market, £120,000 more than it was in 2003, i know the Bulls are going to have a dig :) but i did feel watery eyed with knowing what i could have done over the last few years.

Saying that though, i have now doubts i have learnt something from this experience, and i did have my mind on sorting my life out rather than loosing myself in a house.

How much do some of you guys think you might have lost, and i do know it is only paper money

If I'd bought when I wanted (but my parents wouldn't guarantor), I'd just be finishing payments on a now £150,000 house.

If I'd bought in the brief window in 2003 when my income and house prices were close to each other, and I had a contract over 12 months (finally), I'd have an approx £100,000 mortgage on an approx £200,000 property.

So... a lot.

HOLA4418

Good God!

Please, please, please! Any "equity" determined by an irrational market or some debunked drive-by surveyor is irrelivant until it is capitalized. How can people be so blinkered to believe that an asset (particularly one that is a fundamental human need, shelter) will accelerate away away from their propensity to prudently save for their property purchase in perpetuity (a lot of P's I know, stay with me).

Let's say one purchased a 2 bed house for £150k in 2002. Great! Wonderful! Mow appraised at £200k. You made the best decision you could make, based on the information available at the time, to purchase a house. The same goes for deciding to STR back then. Regrets are for insecure losers who have little faith (financial or otherwise). Be strong and maintain your convictions of one's own intelligence.

Any nincompoop who puts forth that a £50,000 gain was "made" needs to be ignored as an irrelivant baboon who has no grasp of personal finance, let alone domestic/global economics.

To any people who have STR'd or delayed buying into the bubble,.... I don't give a flying fvck about you or your various reasons for STR'ing. I do say that you must have confidence in your convictions or be relegated to obscurity. I only advocate the correct interpretation of economic data to the masses. I have enough strength in my convictions to hold off FTBing in London (the HPI in perpetuity capital) until my convictions bear fruit. The mass of global and domestic bear indicators are enough for me to hold off purchasing a 2 bed flat at insane prices at the moment.

Take a position. Stick with it. Have faith in your own intelligence. Second guessing is for the last bear to turn.

Intelligence is questioned far less than intelligent thought. My faith is in the stupidity of current property bulls. This is a sure of thing that I have ever invested in.

Time for my sleep now. Got to earn some more tax pounds for future unemployed BTL'ers in 3 hours time. Don't let it be said that I am an unthinking and unfeeling b!tch.

PS - Sam....... I know it is difficult but suck it up, grow some balls and develop a condescending laugh to be used now and in 1 years time.

The future is so bright...... I've got to wear shades!!!!!!