The Bulls Are Quiet Tonight.........

HOLA441
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I'm a bear and proud!

Being a bull in today’s climate is a bit optimistic and today’s news probably took them by surprise. Even though all the indicators showed it coming. I really think that's down to lack of research and good financial planning for rainy days.

I will always be a bear, planning for the worse will always mean you're ready.

Sums it all up nicely and explains why some people in life do well and others.................well are just too pessimistic.

There is still some mileage left for money to be made in the property business. A .25% rise in rates is a drop in the ocean we are still very low in comparison to the Global Economy, something not missed by the foreign investors who continue to see value for money in London, and are buying up at alarming rates.

However I suspect your wish will come true this last quarter, however I hope when they are rock bottom you have the good sense to see a bargain and invest all the savings you have made from renting the past years. Lets hope you dont spend your entire life being a Bear, else you will be in the rental trap forever.

HOLA443
Huh?

I am alluding to the fact that some people who post on this site pin a badge on saying "I'm a Bear". They imply that they will always be a bear and never change their outlook. It completely b@stardises the term and I'm sure there is the odd person who doesn't actually know what it means.

That's a fair point, which is why I have never described myself according to the vacuous language of the stock exchange. I just want property to be removed entirely from speculative opportunity to a place to live.

Neither terms, Bull or Bear, satisfy that stance.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

HOLA444
........................yes, and when they read tomorrows headlines and realize that the end is nigh, they'll be queuing up at Bairstow Eves hoping all those pissed off FTB's will pay stupid amounts for their tatty second hovels...........let the revenge of the FTB...begin............ wohhhh, ha, ha, ha ,haaaaaaa...

But didn't you STR and spend the equity that was funded by FTB's and anybody beneath you on the 'ladder'

A bit hypocritical don't you think?

HOLA445
HOLA446
But didn't you STR and spend the equity that was funded by FTB's and anybody beneath you on the 'ladder'

Househunter STRed......

NNNoooooooo...... gerra away.... never....

well, well, what a hypocrite

Edited by BTLer_&_Proud

HOLA447
Guest The_Oldie
Househunter STRed......

NNNoooooooo...... gerra away.... never....

well, well, what a hypocrite

This is absolutely your last warning. Stop the goading!

HOLA448

Not at all. I bought one, solitary home and sold it a few years later to fund staying at home with my newborns. I did not greedily buy 2 or more homes to make cash. I have nothing at all against people who own their HOME.

Edited by HOUSEHUNTER

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Yes? Like I just said. I BOUGHT A HOME, not a freaking street.........................stupid.

I am not stupid. There is no need for insults.

I would like a price correction as much as anybody would on this forum. Whenever I show people this site they tell me it is full of hypocrites and nutters and with posts like that it is hard to disagree with them.

You sold a home in 1999, presumably for a profit. You then spent the equity. You have therefore profited from the person that bought it (however well intentioned your motives were).

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
I am not stupid. There is no need for insults.

I would like a price correction as much as anybody would on this forum. Whenever I show people this site they tell me it is full of hypocrites and nutters and with posts like that it is hard to disagree with them.

You sold a home in 1999, presumably for a profit. You then spent the equity. You have therefore profited from the person that bought it (however well intentioned your motives were).

Very valid point, and if HH understood the markets a bit better she might not have been so bitter and twisted to everyone elso who managed to time things right, or even know better.

HOLA4416
Sums it all up nicely and explains why some people in life do well and others.................well are just too pessimistic.

There is still some mileage left for money to be made in the property business. A .25% rise in rates is a drop in the ocean we are still very low in comparison to the Global Economy, something not missed by the foreign investors who continue to see value for money in London, and are buying up at alarming rates.

However I suspect your wish will come true this last quarter, however I hope when they are rock bottom you have the good sense to see a bargain and invest all the savings you have made from renting the past years. Lets hope you dont spend your entire life being a Bear, else you will be in the rental trap forever.

Yep I agree it seems that some people seem to be polarised one way or the other, HH for instance thinks that all BTLers are scum, which I dont think is the case as I have one BTL from 5 yrs ago , so you could say I am an amateur but I decided to hold my horses as it seemed to get a bit silly, so I am not a stupid amateur, I can see when sums dont add up, but if a HPC does occur then when things have bottomed I may buy another, the same as one might see a buying opportunity on the Stockmarket on a share that takes a dip in price. So long as I dont overstretch myself I can afford to be a Bull in the long term but a bear in the short term and probably dont have to be too accurate in my pinpointing of the market either.

If people like HH are so anti BTLer did she make sure that when she sold her house she stated to the EA , no investment buyers please, - I doubt it, not many people do. When they want to sell they will sell to investors or developers. I expect HH has only become so anti BTLer becuase she feels frustrated at not being able to afford a property right now. Time and tide waits for no man, or woman, but maybe she can afford to climb back on this time round, and learn about boom and busts that at the end of the day the banks actively encourage because after all thats how they make money, by lending out other peoples money.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Is this the bulls ganging up on someone that 'used' to be 1 of them and changed their mind?

BTW i don't know how long HH had her house when she STR - BUT if she sold in 1999 - and money she made would not have been off the backs of the FTB. I don't think HPI was at much over inflation at that time.

Of course if HPI had stayed at the same rate since then - this site wouldn't be here. It's down the banks/govt/btl crowd that have pushed prices up SINCE then. So she has a fair point in trying to push some of the blame onto BTLs. Do any of the bulls REALLY think that BTL hasn't been sustaining the market? Of course the fundamentals have been non-existent for the last few years - and i guess only the amateurs have been buying in that time - and they will be the ones that get burned. There is a need for rental property - but the fundamentals of the business need to be there. At the minute there seems to be way too much rental property on the market - recently bought at prices which mean they will lose out in the long run. (Even without a HPC)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
BTW i don't know how long HH had her house when she STR - BUT if she sold in 1999 - and money she made would not have been off the backs of the FTB.

So where do you think that "equity" she spent came from then?

BTW I am not a Bull and do not have a problem with what she did. I just think it's a bit hypocritical of her to pretend she's some kind of 'FTB's Champion'

HOLA4421
Half of you morons seem to think its a team sport.

Bulls vs Bears is not Man U vs Liverpool.

I hope not as I can't stand either of them.

Huh?

I am alluding to the fact that some people who post on this site pin a badge on saying "I'm a Bear". They imply that they will always be a bear and never change their outlook. It completely b@stardises the term and I'm sure there is the odd person who doesn't actually know what it means.

I agree with Househunter I am a bear at the moment as it does not make economic sense at the moment when the percentage of FTB's is so low and replaced by those buying up housing stock at the expense of the younger generation. I was one of the younger generation once and I was lucky and managed to buy a flat. I bought at 4* and I am sure if everyone could buy at this level then there would be less of an issue but if I was to buy now I would be looking at nearly 5* so seems a little unfair to me especially as this is for a one bedroom flat. If I think back to when I was an auditor 8 years ago (shudder) then I would not be able to buy either which is why I am a bear.

Hope this clarifies my situation for you

HOLA4422
So where do you think that "equity" she spent came from then?

BTW I am not a Bull and do not have a problem with what she did. I just think it's a bit hypocritical of her to pretend she's some kind of 'FTB's Champion'

As i stated - HPI wasn't much (if at all) over the rate of inflation. If house prices only ever went up at the rate of inflation then FTBs wouldn't need a champion - because there would be no affordability problems. In any case - what is wrong with changing your mind? Or even getting out of the market because you believe it's crazy? It's not taking advantage of the FTBs - it's common sense. Unfortunately for her - she got out way too early - and has to suffer because of the unrealistic HPI that has occurred since then. If FTBs had more sense - they WOULDN"T have bought in the last few years - and that would have controlled HPI.

With HPI under control - all the amateur BTLs would see that the fundamentals need to work - because when rents and HPI follow inflation - you need to make sure the rent covers ALL of your costs. At the minute that would require a fairly big HPC to get back to those fundamentals working.

HOLA4423
As i stated - HPI wasn't much (if at all) over the rate of inflation. If house prices only ever went up at the rate of inflation then FTBs wouldn't need a champion - because there would be no affordability problems. In any case - what is wrong with changing your mind? Or even getting out of the market because you believe it's crazy? It's not taking advantage of the FTBs - it's common sense. Unfortunately for her - she got out way too early - and has to suffer because of the unrealistic HPI that has occurred since then. If FTBs had more sense - they WOULDN"T have bought in the last few years - and that would have controlled HPI.

With HPI under control - all the amateur BTLs would see that the fundamentals need to work - because when rents and HPI follow inflation - you need to make sure the rent covers ALL of your costs. At the minute that would require a fairly big HPC to get back to those fundamentals working.

As I said:

"So where do you think that "equity" she spent came from then?"

There is no such thing as free money.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425