House Price Crash Forum

Fancy A Bid On This ?

Mart

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

:lol: WTF?

Maybe they couldn't afford the windows so they went 50% of the way? That would look bloody awful from inside (the outside speaks for itself), the crack in the rendering denotes the floor line upstairs, your view outside would be a row of breeze-blocks, or the gap in the top if you're tall enough.

This has wanna-Beenie written all over it, I reckon the owners are publishers or professionals, sorry, "property developers"

78_3.JPG

:lol: Look at the way that steel is keyed in to the right, very dodgy.

edit: my god, it's three storey that explains the windows, it's just like John Malkovich but for real!

Being_John_Malkovich_floor.jpg

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The problem with buying this property is that it would be very difficult to retain the existing builder to complete the contract to the very high standards already layed down. These high standards offer a benchmark to any new contractor and would be very difficult to maintain.

As Sara says, it is important to chose the right builder from the outset, and then maintain that relationship throughout the whole project. Losing a good contractor half way through can be both expensive, and cost more money in lost time.

The crux is, get the contractor to sign the dottted line to say he will complete the project on a fixed price, the the very same high standards.

HOLA448
HOLA449

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Story-plus-a-Loft-...1QQcmdZViewItem

But @ £31K, I could ignore the gaps in the wall especially given the weather

someone should tell them window tax was abolished years ago.

i like the way they tell you that they've done major structural repairs,as if it's a selling point !!

i think this is one for DIY S.O.S.

HOLA4410

I'm gobsmacked!

If you look at the internal photos of the house, the ceiling is just above the windows. It looks like they have converted a 2 storey house into a 3 storey house by removing the floor between the ground and first floor, and putting in an extra level in the middle!

Looks fine if you're vertically challenged, but would the local council give them palnning p-ermission for this, to say nothing about building regs?

HOLA4411

Looks fine if you're vertically challenged, but would the local council give them palnning p-ermission for this, to say nothing about building regs?

The top floor will never be granted habitable status, it also appears that they've undermined the structure of the roof, the council will never sign this off and may actually take action to ensure it's made safe. The building inspector has probably been round and they're now trying to drop it like a hot potato. Maybe a greedy BTL'er that went too far? Hoping to pack it full of poles?

What's holding this roof up?

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4412

The project is a f**king disgrace. Another band of cowboys who think they can make £££££££££ from renovation.

They have obviously not planned it at all, and just gone in gung hoe.

Oh lets make 3 floors from a 2 floor house, What a shambles.

They have obviously ran out of money now they have to cut their loses and sell quick

Its going to take a lot more money to put it right again.

HOLA4413

If you look at the top of the page in the photobucket album and click on the "Kalaboushe" link and then on the "Van" link you can see lots of pics of mr kalaboushe and also of the house as he bought it, in 2004 apparently, and how it looked before his "improvements".

Van

Edited by ollie plimsolls

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

When i first saw it I thought it was a photo shop stunt.

I cannot possibly even imagine how the roof has ended up at that angle. It appears to have spread, been re-tiled and the rafters cut back to the same lenghts to make the barge board parallel to the house.

There is no way on Gods Earth a Chippie could possibly have pitched that roof like that, the trigonometry to create such a roof would take a Cray SuperComputer 3 yrs to work out all the angles and lengths.

HOLA4420

You Guys just have no imagination, and could not spot an opportunity if it was sat on the end of your nose.

Mr kalaboushe has several project currently on the go that are taking up much of his time, hence the reason to reluctantly sell this project. No expense has been sparred in this project, and like many of his other former and present projects they offer a alternative to the bland designs peddled by the larger developers.

2001986837.jpg

HOLA4421

I'm gobsmacked!

If you look at the internal photos of the house, the ceiling is just above the windows. It looks like they have converted a 2 storey house into a 3 storey house by removing the floor between the ground and first floor, and putting in an extra level in the middle!

I remember seing on TV that the ceiling has to be 8ft high or its illegal to call it a room/floor?

Chartered Surveyor would have a better idea than me.

TB

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424