House Price Crash Forum

Last Bear Turns Bull

HOLA441
HOLA442

totally agree there

many have been saying this but its only last couple weeks ive actually seen bears on here turn bull.Kinda amusing realy.Been enjoying all the "hpc is now boring threads"

gotta be one of the best indicators there is.

HOLA443

as we have said all along when the last bear turns bull the correction has started ! the end game is upon us

Not only are many members of this forum changing their minds , but they / we are doing so in many cases without any compelling logic or change in the facts. Just a natural desperation that we bears have been proved wrong for so long. There is fever in the air.

HOLA444

Just a natural desperation that we bears have been proved wrong for so long. There is fever in the air.

Well - I haven't turned yet. I'm seeing this one through to the bitter end. Actually a portion of my savings went a whille ago to buying a nice car instead, and I do not regret this one bit.

I've more or less turned my back on the property market. Why should I give the liars, the speculators and the whole corrupt business ANY of my hard earned money.

NO WAY.

HOLA445

I've more or less turned my back on the property market. Why should I give the liars, the speculators and the whole corrupt business ANY of my hard earned money.

NO WAY.

I'm with you there - I can probably just about afford to buy for the first time in my life, but there's no way I'm going to jump in and be part of the whole sickening system. It's a matter of principle for me now. Until the some sanity has been restored and the air of greed subsided, I'm happy renting where I am in a comfortable part of London; the rest of the country can play with their monopoly money without me.

Edited by WaitedSoLong

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

The state of the market has taken 8-9 years to make. Does anyone who wishes to have themselves and their views taken seriously expect this to reverse in 18 months?

I saw the last one and this one is going the same way. The only two differences are

1) The would PM needs economic stability during transition

2) The amount of leverage this time is enormous, the resulting fall out will make 89-95 look like a picnic.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Or is what she has to say credible now it fits the party line?

When a VI says something that's _against_ its own interest, then they should be taken far more seriously than when they say something that's in their own interest. If McDonalds' released ads tomorrow saying 'don't buy our burgers, they're crap', would you rush out and buy them, assuming they're lying?

That said, they may just be trolling for an interest rate cut.

Edited by MarkG

HOLA4412

The state of the market has taken 8-9 years to make. Does anyone who wishes to have themselves and their views taken seriously expect this to reverse in 18 months?

I saw the last one and this one is going the same way. The only two differences are

1) The would PM needs economic stability during transition

2) The amount of leverage this time is enormous, the resulting fall out will make 89-95 look like a picnic.

You forgot these differences:

3) Inflation is not booming out of control (unlike 1988)

4 Therefore Interest rates are not going to nearly double in the space of a few months (like they did in 1989)

5) We are not chained to the ERM (which dragged us far deeper into recession last time)

When a VI says something that's _against_ its own interest, then they should be taken far more seriously than when they say something that's in their own interest.

That said, they may just be trolling for an interest rate cut.

Like the CBI does every month you mean?

According to the CBI, British Industry ALWAYS needs a rate cut or unemployment will go through the roof...

HOLA4413
Guest Bart of Darkness
The would PM needs economic stability during transition

If GB intends to stay in the job for a while, economic stability needs to last a good few years yet.

We'll see.