House Price Crash Forum

Born Again Bulls.

HOLA441

A number of people have noted the recent and suspicous number of born again bulls.

Quoting lines like "I was once a bear like you, but I have seen the light".

These apparent epithanies however seem to be coming at a time when there is a large amount of evidence and data to the contrary.

Is it a new, subtler form of persuasion/manipulation designed to coerce the ever increasing number of

visitors to this forum?

Edited by geneer

HOLA442
Guest Charlie The Tramp

A number of people have noted the recent and suspicous number of born again bulls.

[ As lighthearted jokes associating born again bulls with a section of the Christian Church can cause offence I am quite happy to delete my reply, I hope I am still able to watch Dave Allen`s old sketches, The Vicar of Dibley, and Father Ted. ]

Edited by Charlie The Tramp

HOLA443
HOLA444

These apparent epithanies however seem to be coming at a time when there is a large amount of evidence and data to the contrary.

Is it a new, subtler form of persuasion/manipulation designed to coerce the ever increasing number of

visitors to this forum?

That is a common persuasion technique, to say you have changed to an opposing view is a good way of influencing someone, another is the innoculation technique where because you know what someone is going

to argue with you can bring it up first

EA "some people think that 150K is a lot to pay for a victorian 2 bed terrace, what idiots, you like me, know

150K is perfectly reasonable in todays market"

HOLA445
HOLA446

visitors to this forum?

Do you really think this site or any other bearish sentiment will be allowed to cause a HPC? If anyone watched the documentary about the last days of Harold Wilson's government (BBC2 yesterday) you would realise that there are forces at work in this country that will prevent anything happening that harms their vested interests. Work out who really runs the country and who has the power and think on it.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Actually, to be fair, things have been looking a bit grim lately. The fact that our neighbour has just sold in 2 weeks, at about 12% over last years asking prices for that house type, does not exactly fill me with confidence :(

Add to this the steady stream of FTB lemmings amongst our work colleagues, and some depressingly insane Rightmove asking prices in our area :angry:

BTW RichM, what contributions have Evangelical Christians made to Western civilisation? (serious question, though I appreciate off topic, and possibly asking for trouble!)

Edited by Yandros

HOLA4410

I find the tone of this thread offensive.

Evangelical Christians have contributed to Western Civilisation in a great number of ways.

Property bulls on the other hand are just a bunch of tw@ts.

dude! you got a mod to edit himself - that's like some mad power you have!

PS I was told about I Corinthians 6 v1-7 today. Kinda challenging my authority (such as it is). Bit of a minor spiritual crisis actually.

HOLA4411

I find the tone of this thread offensive.

Evangelical Christians have contributed to Western Civilisation in a great number of ways.

Property bulls on the other hand are just a bunch of tw@ts.

Hmm, well I used to be one of those - but I got better. (An evangelical I mean).

Edited by Badger

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
BTW RichM, what contributions have Evangelical Christians made to Western civilisation? (serious question, though I appreciate off topic, and possibly asking for trouble!)

Campaigned for the end of slavery, various battles around democracy and the religious/political freedom (i.e. Cromwell), widespread education, Adam Smith!!!, various campaigns against poverty etc etc (think Shaftesbury, Octavia Hill, Barnado, Muller, Tutu, Fegan, Christian Aid, Tearfund, etc etc), the good Protestant work ethic, and lots and lots of other things that they do while bearing in mind those immortal words of Matthew 6:3, "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing".

Of course, all Christiandom is evangelical as it is concerned with the "good news" (i.e. "evangelion") of Jesus Christ. And without Christianity where would we be? Sacrificing children to Molech, that's where.

Yes yes yes, some ECs are losers, but they're not out and out tw@ts like property bulls. I am happy to discuss this more but over in off topic. Let's leave this thread to its purpose - that bulls are arseh0les.

However, I do feel that there is a property bull out there tonight who needs to come forward, repent of his greed, and accept Jesus as his Lord and Saviour. Someone with a property portfolio in the SE. Come forward friend...

[starts praying in tongues, and flicking through his well-leafed, leather-bound bible...]

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Campaigned for the end of slavery, various battles around democracy and the religious/political freedom (i.e. Cromwell), widespread education, Adam Smith!!!, various campaigns against poverty etc etc (think Shaftesbury, Octavia Hill, Barnado, Muller, Tutu, Fegan, Christian Aid, Tearfund, etc etc), the good Protestant work ethic, and lots and lots of other things that they do while bearing in mind those immortal words of Matthew 6:3, "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing".

Of course, all Christiandom is evangelical as it is concerned with the "good news" (i.e. "evangelion") of Jesus Christ. And without Christianity where would we be? Sacrificing children to Molech, that's where.

Yes yes yes, some ECs are losers, but they're not out and out tw@ts like property bulls. I am happy to discuss this more but over in off topic. Let's leave this thread to its purpose - that bulls are arseh0les.

However, I do feel that there is a property bull out there tonight who needs to come forward, repent of his greed, and accept Jesus as his Lord and Saviour. Someone with a property portfolio in the SE. Come forward friend...

[starts praying in tongues, and flicking through his well-leafed, leather-bound bible...]

These days though, it's mostly jumble sales (and PITA 'God Squad' magazine sellers knocking on my door trying to sell me a gateway to an afterlife for a £)

HOLA4417

These days though, it's mostly jumble sales (and PITA 'God Squad' magazine sellers knocking on my door trying to sell me a gateway to an afterlife for a £)

... and "traid craft". And that really is my last post hijacking this thread.

HOLA4418

visitors to this forum?

I believe some people have genuinely changed their ideas. IMO that's the reason for the pick up in activity and prices lately. People are giving up and taking the plunge (if they can afford to).

HOLA4419

I believe some people have genuinely changed their ideas. IMO that's the reason for the pick up in activity and prices lately. People are giving up and taking the plunge (if they can afford to).

It's very sad. You are right. The latest supposed HPI (I'll wait for the Land Reg stats, I think, before drawing any hard and fast conclusions) has suckered a lot of people.

THe crash will a bit longer than I might have hoped :(

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4420

:lol::lol::lol:

Geneer, may I rot in hell for doing so, but I'm going to revive this old thread because it is so damn good! Thanks for pointing it out.