Smith

HOLA441
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, nero120 said:

Oh I have no doubt they will sell for a certain price. Problem is sellers in the main don't seem to be able to accept that what their house will sell for is far lower than they want...

You must be picking on the wrong people to buy from.;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
18 hours ago, Timm said:

Ohh, that is interesting.

For a long time, I have seen the areas north of Woodstock and south of Warwick (with the exception of Banbury) as very similar. Yes, there will be variations with proximity to rail, the M40 and places like Stratford, but it does seem to form a cohesive area west of the cotswolds. 

It does indeed. Can be fragmented by commuter routes both into Birmingham and London. You can also include a swathe of rural Northamptonshire into this area too. 

We moved out of West London and were surprised at how expensive the best places were. We rapidly moved our search area away from the Birmingham commuter villages. Crazy prices!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
On 17/08/2023 at 08:32, LetsBuild said:

Indeed, I would expect the offer to be even lower the second time round. They will likely come to regret this in time.

Agreed, the term they will get familiar with is called Chasing the Market Down , trouble is they only tend to cotton on right the way down near the bottom....that offer they stuck their nose up at like a bad smell...then smells much nicer in hindsight and stays with them a long time...

HOLA448

Nothings selling in Scotland unless it’s priced to sell, ie. 2019 or early 2020 valuation. 

Taking Dunfermline as example because it’s local to me and a place I’d consider living, there are literally 30 houses now that are all stuck with zero interest and zero chance of selling unless they drop further. These include sought after postcodes and period properties that should be worth their list prices. 

HOLA449