House Price Crash Forum

BBC: Workers over 50 encouraged to end early retirement

HOLA441
5 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

What kind of special moron thinks the reason for lack of labour is due to Diversity Officers??

Is that me?  However I didn't say that precisely.  Some moron obviously can't read and comprehend.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
30 minutes ago, MarkD said:

And I'll wager the majority of retirees are white middle aged! Can't possibly employ them, that would be racist, and they are all racists!🤣🤣🤣

Well it is likely with the early retirees, which is who they say they want back,  I'd think.

HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack said:

So does the tax free lump sum. Using some figures from the company we both work for, the normal pension accrual rate was 1/60th. So after 30 years service you would have a 50% pension. The multiplier for the tax free lump sum is 20 so on retirement people could easily be eligible to get two years salary tax free. That will buy quite a few cruises etc.

Don't forget, if you retire early, which in most schemes seems to be defined as pre-65, the pension is reduced, irrespective that you have 30 years service.  I guess the lump sum would reduce pro-rata also.

On the teachers scheme now, it is not 65 but state retirement age.  Possibly there are more schemes doing this also.

HOLA445
HOLA446
3 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

Yes its you, special moron. You strongly imply they can't fill these jobs due to Diversity Officers. Everyone knows it, so don't pretend to be ignorant.

I implied middle aged white men won't be able to get jobs as easily as implied in the article.  I didn't say diversity officers are the cause of labour shortages or anything like it.  Anyone who can read can look back and check.

Happy Christmas to you too.

HOLA447
2 minutes ago, kzb said:

Don't forget, if you retire early, which in most schemes seems to be defined as pre-65, the pension is reduced, irrespective that you have 30 years service.  I guess the lump sum would reduce pro-rata also.

On the teachers scheme now, it is not 65 but state retirement age.  Possibly there are more schemes doing this also.

Same as with the more common DC schemes that the rest of us mere mortals have these days.

plan accordingly 

HOLA448
Just now, kzb said:

I implied middle aged white men won't be able to get jobs as easily as implied in the article.  I didn't say diversity officers are the cause of labour shortages or anything like it.  Anyone who can read can look back and check.

Wow

In one paragraph you managed to undermine your own point! Merry Christmas indeed!

HOLA449
Just now, kzb said:

Yes, sure "middle aged white men are having are hard time getting a job". So companies would rather leave 10,000 vacancies open.

You are an abject moron.

HOLA4410
Just now, Chunketh said:

Same as with the more common DC schemes that the rest of us mere mortals have these days.

plan accordingly 

Not sure what you mean.  If you can afford to do so, you can claim your DC pension from age 55.  But there is no overt subtraction from your pot.  The annuity rate is lower than at age 65, if that is what you plan to do with it.

HOLA4411
1 minute ago, sPinwheel said:

Yes, sure "middle aged white men are having are hard time getting a job". So companies would rather leave 10,000 vacancies open.

You are an abject moron.

Well that is obviously what is happening.

HOLA4412
5 hours ago, BaldED said:

It's very easy to have hindsight - but what did they expect would happen? 

I hate this f*king government with each passing day.

I hope all the over 50s that have left dont come back and tell this lot to stick it up their arse.

Yeah I agree with you, gave away free cash to your voting demographic for over a decade, too late to change your mind now.

HOLA4413
Just now, kzb said:

Well that is obviously what is happening.

It's obviously not. The idea that companies are LITERALLY turning away white men and instead only accepting job applications from diverse backgrounds, regardless of the fact that these guys are willing to work, is obviously nonsense. And that they would rather keep THOUSANDS of jobs unfilled regardless, is insane. 

For the record, I don't think you are insane. But you are clearly thick as shit.

HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

You are an abject moron.

I think he's wrong. But he's got a point if suggesting older white men would not want to come back an environment in which they have to watch their backs continually due to the clash of old culture versus new. 

HOLA4415
Just now, sta100 said:

I think he's wrong. But he's got a point if suggesting older white men would not want to come back an environment in which they have to watch their backs continually due to the clash of old culture versus new. 

Why? Are there sensitive snowflakes that require special handling as to not "make them feel bad"? Oh no "Whats an iPad how dare you attack me with your modern ways!!! Waaa!"

"That girl has blue hair argghhh help me"

"I saw a black guy in the corridor and he wasn't cleaning it, he was working in an office there...agrhhhh!!!!"

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, sPinwheel said:

Why? Are there sensitive snowflakes that require special handling as to not "make them feel bad"? Oh no "Whats an iPad how dare you attack me with your modern ways!!! Waaa!"

"That girl has blue hair argghhh help me"

"I saw a black guy in the corridor and he wasn't cleaning it, he was working in an office there...agrhhhh!!!!"

No it's because they experience a form of discrimination within the workplace

James Patterson says older white men experience 'form of racism' | EW.com

You're coming across as a bit of a twit.

HOLA4417
2 minutes ago, sta100 said:

No it's because they experience a form of discrimination within the workplace

James Patterson says older white men experience 'form of racism' | EW.com

You're coming across as a bit of a twit.

You are coming across as a special sensitive snowflake.

You are a man. A white man. In the workplace, take responsibility for you actions, take responsibility for your life, and your choices. Men are empowered when they take control of their lives, not when they blame scapegoats around them.

You would send all these men into a life of victimhood and desperation. You would guide such men into a life of misery and despair.

Grow a pair of balls.

Edited by sPinwheel

HOLA4418
Just now, sPinwheel said:

You are coming across as a special sensitive snowflake.

You are a man. A white man. In the workplace, take responsibility for you actions, tkle responsibility for your life. Men are empowered when they take control of their lives.

You would send all these men into a life of victimhood and desperation. You would guide such men into a life of misery and despair.

Grow a pair of balls.

I say this as a non white under 50, I'm sick of idiots like you thinking discrimination is ok and belittling my own experiences. It's not acceptable in any direction. You need to **** off with your crusade.

HOLA4419
Just now, sta100 said:

I say this as a non white under 50, I'm sick of idiots like you thinking discrimination is ok and belittling my own experiences. It's not acceptable in any direction. You need to **** off with your crusade.

There is no discrimination. You are a pathetic victim. You ARE PATHETIC.

There is a way out of this, only once you break free from the trap victimhood chains you.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
21 minutes ago, kzb said:

Not sure what you mean.  If you can afford to do so, you can claim your DC pension from age 55.  But there is no overt subtraction from your pot.  The annuity rate is lower than at age 65, if that is what you plan to do with it.

Pot will be bigger if you work longer, same as DB but without the massive employers subsidy

HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

Yes but that's because you are terrible at perception. I could imagine all sorts of crazy things about you, but that doesn't make it true.

It's self evident from this thread. For one it's not my situation, my own situation is that I'm independently wealthy and don't give a **** 

If you're dumb enough to think someone's a victim for pointing out that older white men are going to step out of an environment where they're not happy, then you're not the sharpest tool in the box are you.

Edited by sta100