House Price Crash Forum

Marketing of ex-rental house

Flopsy

HOLA441

I'm gobsmacked. About 3 years ago we were evicted from a rental property when the Landlord sold it. I think it went for around 310K. It's in Buckinghamshire. 
The house was bought by a young couple with a baby. The deposit had come from their parents and they told me that the mortgage payments so stretched them they could not pay for the redecoration and renovations that they wanted.
Logged on to RM last night and saw it listed for sale. The asking price is 450K!.

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The property market here is ridiculous. I know that is just an asking price of course. Anything could happen.

(as an aside another property we tried to buy around the same time sold for 319k and then subsequently sold for 347K last year. When we tried to buy it the owner tried to get an extra 25K out of us just before exchange which was when we pulled out)

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
7 hours ago, Data Dave said:

Pay around 310k in Feb 2019 for a terrace on average.

Sold prices in Feb of 2022 (latest LR data) 360k now

image.thumb.png.bbfb2a7fe92b2d0344b1d752fa24e13b.png

Thank you Data Dave. It is a 3 bed Semi with parking but no garage and a small garden.

I did one of those "how much is my house worth" online queries and that returned a current price of around 349K.

Looking at the interior photos they haven't done anything to it since we left other than painting the downstairs loo.

(hasn't gone under off as yet...)

Edited by Flopsy

HOLA446
6 hours ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

Flopsy - take heart, where I am renting (HP22), houses are hanging around on ‘sale’ waiting for a bigger fool.  With the cost of living, IRs and inflation, with the Tories facing a drubbing in the locals, house prices are going one way - and it ain’t up.

Thank you Nasty. I've got 2 searches set up. One has stalled and the other is still showing signs of life. Will take a look after Easter and see if the " Spring Bounce" eventuates or not.

Interestingly a house that went to "SSTC" straight away a month ago is back on the market and they have added another 25K to the price! It's a 3 BR with a garage. 

Hope your HP22 houses start showing signs of being more affordable. 

• 10 months later...
HOLA447