House Price Crash Forum

Low Inventory

Canyon78

HOLA441
8 minutes ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

Only place I look BT9

Belfast as a whole inventory is up 20% compared to same month 2022 but down about 45% compared to 2018. 

Ah ok, I think BT9 got too expensive too quick, I took a look and I can see price drops, although from a very high starting price.      

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
11 minutes ago, satsuma said:

Ah ok, I think BT9 got too expensive too quick, I took a look and I can see price drops, although from a very high starting price.      

I'm looking more at inventory..there basically isn't any but real price drops are happening. The days of 30 viewings and 10 offers are definitely over. This should be a busy time. Though it looks like historically the real increase in listings happens June to August here. 

Be interesting what affect the predicted further 2 interest rate rises will have considering you can still get a sub 4% fix here. 

HOLA443
5 hours ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

I'm looking more at inventory..there basically isn't any but real price drops are happening. The days of 30 viewings and 10 offers are definitely over. This should be a busy time. Though it looks like historically the real increase in listings happens June to August here. 

Be interesting what affect the predicted further 2 interest rate rises will have considering you can still get a sub 4% fix here. 

Yea, noticed a few more reductions outside BT9.  Seems the Bottom of the market is now BTL purchases and this is still moving fast, middle of the market seems to show signs of stress.  Top seems to be moving but a bit slow.  

HOLA444
On 28/04/2023 at 13:55, 2buyornot2buy said:

Extremely quiet on the whole. 

So HMRC confirm transaction are down 20% compared to Q1 2022. 

Slowest start since 2015. 

Question is do EAs accept this as the new normal along with lower profit and lower spec company cars or do they have a word with vendors. 

HOLA445
8 hours ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

So HMRC confirm transaction are down 20% compared to Q1 2022. 

Slowest start since 2015. 

Question is do EAs accept this as the new normal along with lower profit and lower spec company cars or do they have a word with vendors. 

But is this a supply issue?   Maybe the massive activity has now used up the available buyers?  Would a reduction increase the sales?

HOLA446
3 hours ago, satsuma said:

But is this a supply issue?   Maybe the massive activity has now used up the available buyers?  Would a reduction increase the sales?

Honestly don't know. Similar happening in GB. Covid, SDLT holiday, rates rises... so many variables to try and pin it down. No doubt demand has also fallen. Rate rises will do that. I've some screenshots of the offers that were happening on similar housed to ours and looking back it was truly mental. 

HOLA447

Asking prices remain high but sales of anything half decent where I'm looking are going sale agreed pretty quick. Inventory is also low & very little new coming on. People clinging to their current rate which was probably fixed before rates started to rise. We're headed towards the emergence of negative equity... That's when the correction will begin imo.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, satsuma said:

Does anyone know a source of sold prices for NI?

As a member of the public, you have to physically go to the land registry to get a copy of the title. Consideration may or may not be recorded. 

If you know a friendly solicitor you can get them online.

• 2 months later...
HOLA4411

The attached article is ROI but interesting that they say a normal function market should have 3% of existing stock on the market.

"The number of second-hand properties listed for sale in the Republic has fallen to a new low, according to Sherry FitzGerald. The company said there were just 13,750 used properties – excluding newly-built homes – available to buy across the State in July, the lowest since it started keeping records in 2009.

The figure represents just 0.7 per cent of the private housing stock here. In a normal functioning market experts say approximately 3 per cent of the existing stock should be in a state of churn."

Irish Times