House Price Crash Forum

What are the anxiety levels of the nation?

winkie

HOLA441

Of course the most important thing is how superior the situation can enable you to feel (and convey to others). Some will prep and feel superior to everyone for being ready for the worst.

Others will decry the panic and sagely advise that nothing will change and they are enjoying their lives as usual. Bah humbug etc.

Both aspects merely social preening and display, for faux dominance, as is usual with our species. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
14 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Quick check: hands up who here thinks this is a giant hoax and there’s nothing to worry about?

Would you be willing to be deliberately infected? (Would you volunteer to visit ill people?)

And how many of you have bought in ZERO extra supplies because you’re certain that a) you won’t get sick, and b) the virus won’t impact supply chains?

Fascinating reading the range of emotional reactions here, bearing in mind that this is a forum where people have been hoping for something that hasn’t happened for over a decade. 

Nobody has purified the virus.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext  "Since we did not perform tests for detecting infectious virus in blood, we avoided the term viraemia and used RNAaemia instead."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001017  "our study does not fulfill Koch’s postulates"

I wouldn't be bothered about having  COVID19 (if it exists). The real reason I wouldn't want it deliberately though, is so as not to politicize myself and get attacked by toilet roll hoarders.

I have bought zero extra supplies of anything.

HOLA444
9 hours ago, richmondtw said:

I have not stocked up on anything I have 1 poo  a day I do not need 200 loo rolls.

I don't understand the logic of these people buying lots of loo rolls. What are they buying it for? What am I missing?

If you lose enough bodily fluids that would need 200 loo rolls to clean up, I'd be a bit more worried about losing more fluid than my body actually has to begin with and looking like a dry roasted Egyptian mummy lol.

HOLA445
13 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

Vitamin D ideally with magnesium is more useful for prevention - vitamin C once you get symptoms but you need the high strength versions.

You can’t prevent yourself catching it - but you can seek to boost your immunity.

There was some debate whether baking soda helped with the Spanish flu - in terms of keeping the body alkaline.

Not saying they will work - but they won’t do you any harm given there is no cure anyway at present.

Good. Interesting 14 minute video here. At 11 minutes he starts talking about nutrients At 11.30 he talks about how China are injecting (only the severely ill) patients with vitamin C, about 500 times more powerful than when ingested.

I take 2000 - 4000iu of vitamin D a day in winter, COVID19 or not. Every morning I drink a print of (filtered) water with freshly squeezed lemon and don't eat until lunch (preferably longer if possible) for 16/8 fast. I'm overweight BMI with low body fat.

HOLA446
40 minutes ago, Ghostly said:

I wonder if the army will ask for additional paid volunteers? Only 100k in the Army including reservists. I’d be quite interested TBH.

no idea. 

i have noticed another price gouge going on  chest freezers selling like hotcakes  £130 freezers going for £500. 

we live in a very sick world 

HOLA447
51 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

I don't understand the logic of these people buying lots of loo rolls. What are they buying it for? What am I missing?

If you lose enough bodily fluids that would need 200 loo rolls to clean up, I'd be a bit more worried about losing more fluid than my body actually has to begin with and looking like a dry roasted Egyptian mummy lol.

???

probably better of with kitchen towel maybe when mum said get "plenty" it got lost in translation.  ?

HOLA448

Here we go again...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1564166/

"Despite an extensive literature reporting on SARS treatments, it was not possible to determine whether treatments benefited patients during the SARS outbreak. Some may have been harmful. Clinical trials should be designed to validate a standard protocol for dosage and timing, and to accrue data in real time during future outbreaks to monitor specific adverse effects and help inform treatment."

20 minutes ago, longgone said:

???

probably better of with kitchen towel maybe when mum said get "plenty" it got lost in translation.  ?

Our Kitchen Tissues are the most absorbent on the market. Don't believe us? We tested AbsorbUrboloxoff against a leading brand.

mummies_von_holz.jpg

Now with added boswelox and highlyironic acid.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
12 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Nobody has purified the virus.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext  "Since we did not perform tests for detecting infectious virus in blood, we avoided the term viraemia and used RNAaemia instead."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001017  "our study does not fulfill Koch’s postulates"

I wouldn't be bothered about having  COVID19 (if it exists). The real reason I wouldn't want it deliberately though, is so as not to politicize myself and get attacked by toilet roll hoarders.

I have bought zero extra supplies of anything.

Have you ever had influenza? 

I had it as a teen, my whole house got it. The neighbours had to bring us food as we were too weak to move. Amazing hallucinations though, topnotch.

So just to check - you believe coronavirus is a hoax? 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
2 hours ago, longgone said:

nah just thieving scroates 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-White-Chest-Freezer-Cookology-CCF142WH-suitable-Outbuildings-142L-73cm-/132664598665 

£159 to £649 for a cheap naff freezer. 

Supply and demand ;) like UK housing...

Seriously, other countries have done a lot more intervention on this stuff. But Alexander de Piffle isn’t exactly proactive. 

HOLA4414
10 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Have you ever had influenza? 

I had it as a teen, my whole house got it. The neighbours had to bring us food as we were too weak to move. Amazing hallucinations though, topnotch.

So just to check - you believe coronavirus is a hoax? 

Awww poor you sounds like you went through the wars my pet. I’d have brought you a warm cup of cocoa then asked you to cough in my face. I sometimes worry I don’t get enough exposure, I’ve not had a day off work for 10+ years. I run up and down a steep hill for a mile 4-5 days a week among other things.

Sure I’ve had flu when younger and watched “Mr. Ben” and “You and Me” with Floella Benjamin. The worse influenza like thing I recall is a veruca patch I put on my foot that releases a chemical to kill the veruca. I was bed ridden and soaking the bed with sweat from high temperature. Once the patch was removed I recovered quickly.

Under the age of 16 I would have been using bonjella from time to time too, which at the time did not have a warning about reye’s syndrome. We have those who have died and been disabled for life from brain swelling to thank, as well as their lawyers, for that part of the warning label.

I believe the corona virus is not what it’s being purported to be, based on what I am reading (as  I have previously linked to on here) and the Covid19 panic relative to things like pneumonia in polluted air China long my before Covid19, 11 million deaths per year from sepsis, the WHO prioritising the politics of Taiwan over the Covid19 they are supposed to be so concerned about, by ignoring Taiwan’s 23 million population and 50 million per year who travel through it. The history of the CDC and the WHO and lots of things. Everything on the mainstream media is just “given” as though the tests are reliable. There’s is very little science in the news, a reflection of the kind of society desired by BBC et al. Compliant, non-questioning, and not intelligent.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
8 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Awww poor you sounds like you went through the wars my pet. I’d have brought you a warm cup of cocoa then asked you to cough in my face. I sometimes worry I don’t get enough exposure, I’ve not had a day off work for 10+ years. I run up and down a steep hill for a mile 4-5 days a week among other things.

Sure I’ve had flu when younger and watched “Mr. Ben” and “You and Me” with Floella Benjamin. The worse influenza like thing I recall is a veruca patch I put on my foot that releases a chemical to kill the veruca. I was bed ridden and soaking the bed with sweat from high temperature. Once the patch was removed I recovered quickly.

Under the age of 16 I would have been using bonjella from time to time too, which at the time did not have a warning about reye’s syndrome. We have those who have died and been disabled for life from brain swelling to thank, as well as their lawyers, for that part of the warning label.

I believe the corona virus is not what it’s being purported to be, based on what I am reading (as  I have previously linked to on here) and the Covid19 panic relative to things like pneumonia in polluted air China long my before Covid19, 11 million deaths per year from sepsis, the WHO prioritising the politics of Taiwan over the Covid19 they are supposed to be so concerned about, by ignoring Taiwan’s 23 million population and 50 million per year who travel through it. The history of the CDC and the WHO and lots of things. Everything on the mainstream media is just “given” as though the tests are reliable. There’s is very little science in the news, a reflection of the kind of society desired by BBC et al. Compliant, non-questioning, and not intelligent.

So what you’re saying is that as long as you are well it doesn’t matter if immune compromised people die off? 
Is no one around you worthy of a little care? 

HOLA4417
15 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

So what you’re saying is that as long as you are well it doesn’t matter if immune compromised people die off? 
Is no one around you worthy of a little care? 

If get something and do the courtesy of not going into an old people’s home or getting near anyone who is compromised (just as one would anyway). Once I have beaten off the virus in half a day I am no longer as much of a contagion risk (directly, or via another healthy person) as anyone else, unknowingly or not.

For the vulnerable, such as those with high blood pressure I’d look at other options than giving them drugs that were originally used as rat poison.

HOLA4418
On 18/03/2020 at 19:46, Arpeggio said:

If get something and do the courtesy of not going into an old people’s home or getting near anyone who is compromised (just as one would anyway). Once I have beaten off the virus in half a day I am no longer as much of a contagion risk (directly, or via another healthy person) as anyone else, unknowingly or not.

For the vulnerable, such as those with high blood pressure I’d look at other options than giving them drugs that were originally used as rat poison.

You need to sue M Night Shyamalan for ripping off your life story. 

Perhaps scientists can have some of your miracle blood to synth a cure. 

5A640B9B-5D9F-414D-892E-BEF03AB64F30.jpeg

HOLA4419

Archived