House Price Crash Forum

Shaun Richards:UK establishment pushing house prices up

HOLA441
49 minutes ago, macca13 said:

New drugs.. nope same old drugs re patented.. when it runs out drugs are supposed to be free for anyone to manufacture keeping prices low.. guess what,, they’ve found a way to re patent old drugs allowing them to jack prices. Take a drug for thyroid, been around for years, but it’s still owned and manufactured by one pharmaceutical company allowing them to jack the price 1000% to the NHS.. will the government intervene.. nope.. funny that! 

https://hbr.org/2017/04/how-pharma-companies-game-the-system-to-keep-drugs-expensive

It’s more greed and more corruption, life has a price.. these scum prove that..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/essentials/news/health/nhs-drug-firm-price-hike-treatment/amp/

Did you actually read your own links? Nowhere do they say old drugs are being repatented.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA442

Selling durgs is just another big business......cigs, coffee, alcohol, uppers, downers, pain relief, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, make you sleep, keep you awake.....as long as there are needs there will always be customers, many reasons why drugs are used when often we have the power ourselves to prevent using them, but that would not be good for business......if we all stayed fit and healthy in body and mind millions of jobs and income would be lost.;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
19 hours ago, Dorkins said:

Did you actually read your own links? Nowhere do they say old drugs are being repatented.

No that part I heard on the radio, they say it’s around 80% of new drugs are old drugs with a few tweeks re patented..

“On 1 April, pharma giant Novartis lost a six-year legal battle after the Indian supreme court ruled that small changes to its leukaemia drug Glivec did not deserve a new patent”

make small changes, claim its new and improved, get another exclusive manufacturing deal.. jack up the price and watch people die! 

its just murder nothing serious.. 

HOLA445
4 hours ago, macca13 said:

No that part I heard on the radio, they say it’s around 80% of new drugs are old drugs with a few tweeks re patented..

“On 1 April, pharma giant Novartis lost a six-year legal battle after the Indian supreme court ruled that small changes to its leukaemia drug Glivec did not deserve a new patent”

make small changes, claim its new and improved, get another exclusive manufacturing deal.. jack up the price and watch people die! 

its just murder nothing serious.. 

I get that but then doesn't the non-changed original still exist though to then be manufactured at low cost by anyone? 

HOLA446
On 11/25/2017 at 9:09 PM, winkie said:

The thing is at the time she did not give them away.....they were a liability an ongoing  cost.....the cash up front was better than a trickle of rents and the continued maintenance, new roofs, painting, new boilers etc.....take the money and run.....;)

I have heard that many times, but never seen it proved.

HOLA447
On 28/11/2017 at 4:04 AM, Tapori said:

I get that but then doesn't the non-changed original still exist though to then be manufactured at low cost by anyone? 

You would think so, but they somehow stop that.. I guess it comes down to money, you can stop/buy most things if you have enough money.. Drug cost for the NHS are a big factor in costs.. I read about people dying because of NHS not being able to aprove drugs due to cost.. it seems crazy Big Pharma can be judge and executioner.. The world is not a sane place.. 

Again people bang on about private companies vs state run.. but if the government owned a pharma company and pumped tax payers money in, we could save the NHS money, and profit from selling drugs around the world, fairly priced.. 

in the end they will destroy the planet for money, but money is just paper and digits.. they are so thick..  

HOLA448
3 hours ago, macca13 said:

You would think so, but they somehow stop that.. I guess it comes down to money, you can stop/buy most things if you have enough money.. Drug cost for the NHS are a big factor in costs.. I read about people dying because of NHS not being able to aprove drugs due to cost.. it seems crazy Big Pharma can be judge and executioner.. The world is not a sane place.. 

Again people bang on about private companies vs state run.. but if the government owned a pharma company and pumped tax payers money in, we could save the NHS money, and profit from selling drugs around the world, fairly priced.. 

in the end they will destroy the planet for money, but money is just paper and digits.. they are so thick..