House Price Crash Forum

Oecd Suspends Monthly Economic Outlook Indicators Due To Brexit

HOLA441

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-oecd-idUKKCN0ZR0WW

The OECD said on Monday it would suspend publication until September of its flagship economic indicators, as uncertainty created by Britain's vote to leave the European Union could make the data misleading or inaccurate.

Every month the Paris-based Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development publishes a composite leading indicator for all its member countries, designed to flag early signals of turning points in economic activity.

It said none would be released this month or next to allow for more significant data to be collected.

The OECD has previously suspended publication of the data because of "significant unforeseen or unexpected events". It did so in April and May 2011 following a major earthquake in Japan.

O FFS.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Would you prefer they shout "Fire!" in a crowded cinema?

The first people shouting fire in a crowded cinema are the selfish/lucky/clever people who are already stood at the exit or the idiots stood next to the fire.

Which are you?

Honesty in all things should be compulsory.

HOLA447

The first people shouting fire in a crowded cinema are the selfish/lucky/clever people who are already stood at the exit or the idiots stood next to the fire.

Which are you?

Honesty in all things should be compulsory.

I wouldn't shout anything

I would like an orderly exit

Do you want people to burn to death?

Edited by knock out johnny

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

In other words we won't publish the important information needed to asses whether our indicators are either

a. worse than useless

b. drivers of the effect they cause

c. dangerous attempts to cause b.

I would include d. more valuable when we don't sell them to you, but the OECD is all about giving money to your friends directly as subsidy so I find it believable they would retain their original ethics structured around sales of privileged information. When it comes to sales of privilege it's different of course.

I remember when I had a job - I used to be responsible for the results, not that I mind because there is no planet on which the public ones weren't better than that. I usually didn't wait till I got scared to tell everybody why I didn't think they should use them as I would make such claims in advance and say when not to use them. Not producing them was never on the cards till everybody agreed they were useless as you rarely get resistance the other way around.

Definitely need to edit the word scientific out of every piece of literature they have.

Edit: edited for auto-smiley nightmare

Edited by Kinky John