House Price Crash Forum

Now It's Time To Thank All Of Those Who Made Brexit Possible

Frank Hovis

HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Yes I've noticed too that the BBC views every leave voter as a market trader or fishmonger. The worrying thing is that everyone else hasn't noticed.

I saw all of CH 4 Friday night news.

They said about the northern working class vote and went to Barnsley and asked three oldish overweight blokes with strong northern accents.

Nice stereotyping.

Jon Snow, as a left wing luvvie, was visibly fuming and blatantly rude to any Leavers he interviewed.

He should be sacked.

HOLA443

I saw all of CH 4 Friday night news.

They said about the northern working class vote and went to Barnsley and asked three oldish overweight blokes with strong northern accents.

Nice stereotyping.

Jon Snow, as a left wing luvvie, was visibly fuming and blatantly rude to any Leavers he interviewed.

He should be sacked.

Not sure if you saw how utterly obnoxious and aggressive Will Self was to Dreda Say Mitchell

HOLA444

Yes, he was offensive and she was so measured in the face of it. Snow was egging him on.

I didn't mention it as I didn't know her name and didn't want to be disrespectful to her when she was so good.

Dreda Say Mitchell, a traditional Labour supporter. And I thought they had all gone.

HOLA445

I noticed an "article" on the BBC pointing out that the places with the most graduates, wanted IN. Well I'm not in one of those places, and I wonder what their degrees are in. A bit below the belt I think. Does anyone here feel thick now? :blink:

HOLA446

It has remained as bitterly bias all day... every time I've seen a report where they've showed an example of a leave voter they've all been your stereotypical thick, northern racist who is barely capable of stringing a sentence together.

Even IF it were actually the case that the majority of Leavers were this sort of person then who is to blame for there being such an abundance of them?

Those biased bleeding heart BBC types and Guardian readers need to look a bit closer to home to answer that one.

HOLA447

Perhaps get rid of NI and Scotland and form a new country

Wengland.

Major Languages,

Southern English, West Country English, South Walian Welsh, North Walian Welsh, Liverpool, Manc Chat, Brum, Cumbrian, Geordie, Yorkshire, Fenlandish

A moving Capital City every 5 years to the regional centres.

HOLA448

It is as though that means that Leavers were thick and Remainers intelligent.

They don't consider it might also be down to perceived vested interest. Those who tend to work locally and those who are prepared to move cities to find the best, high paying, high status work.

I saw this shockingly being alluded to by Dimbleby and few others panellist in the later part of the night/early hours of the morning, as it began to seem the Remain vote was flagging,

They quoted stats that asserted Remainers tended to have university degrees and Leavers less so. It was outrageous.

HOLA449

I saw this shockingly being alluded to by Dimbleby and few others panellist in the later part of the night/early hours of the morning, as it began to seem the Remain vote was flagging,

They quoted stats that asserted Remainers tended to have university degrees and Leavers less so. It was outrageous.

A University degree didn't make me more intelligent, and I will suggest it hasn't done it for other people either. My suggestion is when the media refers to graduates, they mean very recent ones with no jobs. You will not be called a "graduate" when you are over 40.

HOLA4410

It is as though that means that Leavers were thick and Remainers intelligent.

They don't consider it might also be down to perceived vested interest. Those who tend to work locally and those who are prepared to move cities to find the best, high paying, high status work.

I think the word people are trying to avoid is social and economic class.

I think if you mapped voting patterns from last Thursday onto the average wealth and income of the English and Welsh areas involved it might reveal something interesting

The only exceptions were Scotland and NI which had different reasons for voting the way they did

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105160709/http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/resources/map1_tcm77-263817.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/23/leave-or-remain-eu-referendum-results-and-live-maps/

Archived