House Price Crash Forum

Keeping Up With The Khans

spyguy

HOLA441

Why, was everyone else in the office fasting/partaking of Ramadan/dieting?

Good question. Would we have done the same for someone doing a fast for Lent?

In some way, I think his religious commitment and his character had earned our respect. It would have not felt right to be scoffing and slurping in front of him. I would have felt the lesser man.

HOLA442

In some way, I think his religious commitment and his character had earned our respect. It would have not felt right to be scoffing and slurping in front of him. I would have felt the lesser man.

That's a nice answer. We all were going to the pub, after finishing some exams on a bogus STEM course I inadvertantly attended. But our mate "Honest John" was Pakistani, so not a great boozer. I, and a chum of mine invited him for a coffee and cakes instead. Unfortunately Ramadan had started, and he was unable to attend. We both went to the pub after all! :blink:

HOLA443

Ask yourself why - at this precise time in UK history - a mainstream TV channel have decided to make a programme proclaiming that in our 'multi-cultural' areas everyone wants to be like the Pakistanis because they are so wonderful and fantastic ?

Its not rocket science. I bet if someone did some digging into the funding of the production team behind this - it would be interesting reading.

From the channel that brought us the agit prop, benefits street? You have to ask? And to surmise all this before it's even been shown? How often do you see a trailer or an advert for something that doesn't give you the complete story?

Not unlike the top gear thread at the moment. Excellent.

HOLA444

From the channel that brought us the agit prop, benefits street? You have to ask? And to surmise all this before it's even been shown? How often do you see a trailer or an advert for something that doesn't give you the complete story?

Not unlike the top gear thread at the moment. Excellent.

Yep - benefits street. What was the general premise of that .....

White folk coining it in of benefits and doing the dodgy ?

Anyway yes I agree fair point about the advert etc..

It was a pretty strange advert - and the name of the show is rather odd also if you look at the 3 episodes.

HOLA445

Would a Christian earn the same respect from you? Somehow I doubt it. As a Catholic and just about the only regular Church-goer in my office I experience virtually nothing other than abuse and prejudice whenever religion is mentioned. There are constant insinuations of child abuse whenever Priests are mentioned for example.

I fast to some extent during Lent, forgoing Alcohol and sweets, biscuits etc though I don't advertise the fact and neither do I expect the rest of the office to remove all said items from the building during the period.

Whilst I wouldn't deliberately munch a bacon sandwich in the Ramadan-observing Muslim's face, I sure as hell wouldn't change my behaviour and bend-over backwards to accommodate him. You do realise he won't respect you for doing what you did. He will see your submission as a sign of weakness and treat you with even more contempt.

Never mind, just continue in your abuse and ridicule of Christians whilst kow-towing to your new Islamic Overlords.

HOLA446

Whilst I wouldn't deliberately munch a bacon sandwich in the Ramadan-observing Muslim's face, I sure as hell wouldn't change my behaviour and bend-over backwards to accommodate him.

You should do it. By removing temptation you're undermining the validity of his abstinence.

HOLA447

Would a Christian earn the same respect from you?

As I said, I'm not sure. But I hope I would. Much of the respect was for a decent bloke as anything else.

Never mind, just continue in your abuse and ridicule of Christians whilst kow-towing to your new Islamic Overlords.

I've ever abused or ridiculed Christians. Or anyone, really (although I may be slightly negative towards overleveraged landlords!).

And I'd hope that respect for someone leading a religious life is never confused with "kow-towing".

Live and let live and all that.

HOLA448

I'm not a fan of religion [i was a church goer for many years surprisingly :D] but I wouldnt insult someone to their face for it. Their choice.

I do however reserve the right to decide whether I feel some religions are more dangerous and controlling than others in relation to the World at large. And at the moment - Islam is top of that list.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I'm not a fan of religion [i was a church goer for many years surprisingly :D] but I wouldnt insult someone to their face for it. Their choice.

I do however reserve the right to decide whether I feel some religions are more dangerous and controlling than others in relation to the World at large. And at the moment - Islam is top of that list.

+1

Archived