House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Keeping Up With The Khans

Browsing the Radio Time i came across this:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/keeping-up-with-the-khans

Apparently its about a number of new immigrants and asylum seekers who, and this is the RTs copy 'aspire to be as successful as the UK's Pakistani population'

Eh???????

80% unemployed.

Major drug smugglers in Bradford and Northern towns.

Child rapists.

Infanticide and the rest.

Really fcking high bar to jump.

Apparently its about a number of new immigrants and asylum seekers who, and this is the RTs copy 'aspire to be as successful as the UK's Pakistani population'

Eh???????

80% unemployed.

Child rapists.

That's probably what they mean. On benefits, coining it from drug dealing and pimping.

Eh???????

80% unemployed.

Child rapists.

Do you have a link to that 80% statement ?

according to link in 2014 unemployment was : "Pakistani/Bangladeshi ethnic groups (from 17% to 19%)".

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/jan/08/rising-unemployment-for-uk-ethnic-minorities-race-whos-affected

It's a good reason not to go North!

If you are praying 5 times a day and bringing up half a dozen kids, I would imagine being unemployed would be something to aim for.

Muslim guy (not Pakistani) I worked with had 3 kids by his late 20s, spent about 3-4 hours commuting a day, and any free time he had organizing stuff for Islamic charities, or muslim community events. Eventually he was fired due to (not surprisingly) habitual lateness. I have wondered since if he has found out its more economic to go on benefits.

They should do a show about you spy guy

They could call it "Keeping up with the KKK".

I can lend him my hat if you like! I am not in favour of uncontrolled immigration, but loads of people have come here over years ago, and in general are not rapists or loonies. I used to like my favourite Pakistani shop in West Croydon. All the nice pickles and spices. :( Although I was not a fan of West Croydon in general. I used to have to drive from Bromley. :wacko:

Just let everybody in who wants to claim benefits. Don't question it or you'll be called a RACIST!

thatsracist.gif

Looks like it! Source :- http://www.poverty.org.uk/47/index.shtml

Work_Ethic_zpswnw41qdo.jpg

Shame they dont break the "black, african" down into muslim (somalian) and non muslim (nigerian, ghanan) I suspect you'll find Somalians are as unemployed as other muslims, and Nigerians as other non-muslims.

Take a look at their academic results. Ibo/Nigerians ahead of even chinese, Somalians bottom of the pile.

Chisala-9.png

Virtually every desirable and undesirable social variable (with the possible exception of alcohol related crimes and street thefts) nowadays isnt race related, it isnt even do they come from a broken home or not, its are they muslim or not.

Pakistan is a country not a race.

The Pakistani we have are mainly from Mipur.

Shame they dont break the "black, african" down into muslim (somalian) and non muslim (nigerian, ghanan) I suspect you'll find Somalians are as unemployed as other muslims, and Nigerians as other non-muslims.

Take a look at their academic results. Ibo/Nigerians ahead of even chinese, Somalians bottom of the pile.

Chisala-9.png

Virtually every desirable and undesirable social variable (with the possible exception of alcohol related crimes and street thefts) nowadays isnt race related, it isnt even do they come from a broken home or not, its are they muslim or not.

Yes.... I see you've not been to Bradford.

Just let everybody in who wants to claim benefits. Don't question it or you'll be called a RACIST!

thatsracist.gif

I expected better off you than the sort of histrionics that normally get labelled as "left wing" (and therefore bad) on here.

I guess Im a regionalist then.

I'd normally ignore these threads where the usual suspects, er, do there (sic) thing.

Instead I'm calling this one out. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc. Enjoy the rest of the thread.

I'd normally ignore these threads where the usual suspects, er, do there (sic) thing.

Instead I'm calling this one out. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc. Enjoy the rest of the thread.

Ask yourself why - at this precise time in UK history - a mainstream TV channel have decided to make a programme proclaiming that in our 'multi-cultural' areas everyone wants to be like the Pakistanis because they are so wonderful and fantastic ?

Its not rocket science. I bet if someone did some digging into the funding of the production team behind this - it would be interesting reading.

One of the best graduate trainees I had under my tutelage was a UK-Somali bloke. Worked like a Trojan and v intelligent. Full-on Muslim; not that that was a problem for him, me, or anyone else. We just gave him time for prayers, made sure the office was a food & drink free zone during Ramadan, and didn't offer him beer or bacon sarnies.

One of the best graduate trainees I had under my tutelage was a UK-Somali bloke. Worked like a Trojan and v intelligent. Full-on Muslim; not that that was a problem for him, me, or anyone else. We just gave him time for prayers, made sure the office was a food & drink free zone during Ramadan, and didn't offer him beer or bacon sarnies.

Well that sounds reasonable to me. I think coming from an area with no education would give you a poor showing in IQ tests. SO that would include a lot of economic migrants.

I'm guessing you are not a woman? You may have had a different managerial experience if you were...