House Price Crash Forum

Exodus From South East

Goat

HOLA441

It would be a nightmare, removing cars is decidedly revenue negative, no congestion charging money for Ken, no parking levy's or fines for local authorties, no work for ever optimistic Nigerian parking wardens, no cars to clamp and tow leaving local mafias to move into other socially unacceptable protectionist areas, no fuel duty and no VAT on that duty will make Gordon (even more) sad. No speeding fines, apparently this does happen in central London!, and no fines for accidentally going in a bus lane/the wrong way up a street/sitting in a yellow box.

Actually getting people out of cars and using public transport would be a bloody nightmare, it would undermine all that precious infrastructure and the job base that every punitive regime relies upon, and they wouldn't have a revenue source to pay for public transport, tickets actually generate very little.

You milk the cow, you don't kill it!

I'm a cyclist, and I have to big up Ken for showing some support for us. There is a "third way" :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

A brave man!

maybe. When I'm speeding past stationary traffic I feel rather smug though!

then I ferret away some more cash that would otherwise have been spent on gym fees, travelcards, petrol etc

although we do have to ride "defensively" over here. With respect to the Amsterdam comparison - the cyclists seem much more sedate there. Maybe we should have more coffee shops in London, or get a few more people back into work by encouraging a bit more of a red-light district. ;)

HOLA444

Although we're currently rat-racing and doing extra work we're not very rat-racy people. Our plan is 1. Save loads. 2. Get longish term home with a small mortgage post crash 3. Have much more relaxed work-life balance where having kids, being without work for a month, fixing a roof, etc. wouldn't mean financial meltdown.

totally totally agree... :)

maybe. When I'm speeding past stationary traffic I feel rather smug though!

then I ferret away some more cash that would otherwise have been spent on gym fees, travelcards, petrol etc

although we do have to ride "defensively" over here. With respect to the Amsterdam comparison - the cyclists seem much more sedate there. Maybe we should have more coffee shops in London, or get a few more people back into work by encouraging a bit more of a red-light district. ;)

thats because motorists go to jail if they hit a cyclist or pedestrian! Theres no trial... its the motorists fault... FULL STOP

Over here its an Accident... and a SORRY... and your off on your way!...

So they can be more sedate!

HOLA445

I'm also a cyclist.

The smug feeling took a knock last week when I passed a woman laying in the road beside her mangled bike in a spreading pool of blood.

At a glance it looked like a car had done a fast left turn through the bus lane she was cycling in without looking to see who was in the way.

(Obviously there was a crowd of people dealing with the situation, or I'd have stopped).

The week before that a car did the same thing to a chap cycling ahead of me - car passed us at speed then turned sharp left and creamed him; over the bonnet and onto the road. He was OK, but it's bl00dy worrying how frequently it happens.

HOLA446

until they hit 30 and get all latin american fat.

they eat loads or tor-tillas and have to fry the beans twice.

Couldnt be more wrong.

On trips to Greece and Menorca I am astounded at how fit MOST of the locals including those well into thier later years are.

The contrast with the wobbly, blotchy, un - femminine, un - classy, gnarled - toed English Women was stark.

A typical Brit on the beach has hammock style bikinni briefs, trainers and some sort of sports top. WATCH HOW ENGLISH GRILS SIT AND WALK. NEXT WATCH THE LATINS - A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.

The latins wear much classier better fitting bikkinis, classy slightly see - through wraps, non - chavvy sunglasses and had glorious lustrous natural hair.

95% have very fit bodies, nicely muscled. natural looking makeup. They eat small and healthy and dont 'graze' like the Brits.

Latins have more class, taste and poise than the typical Brit Woman has in her little toe. Even Latin toes have classy non - guady nail varnish.

Open eyes guys.

Edited by dogbox

HOLA447
Guest Bart of Darkness
Couldnt be more wrong.

On trips to Greece and Menorca I am astounded at how fit MOST of the locals including those well into thier later years are.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Greece and Menorca are nowhere near South America.