House Price Crash Forum

Is Rochester And Strood Crashing?

HOLA441
HOLA442

It should exercise the minds of the Financial Markets, but then again at 1/66 it was priced in.

Still plenty of time to make some wonga on the pound and FTSE 100 apparently, but you need some nerve; May 2015 is still six months away...they don't seem too ruffled this morning.

Come July with an EU in out referendum pencilled in for 2017 and Scotland once again pressing for independence they might start to get fearful. In fact it might unsettle world markets let alone UK ones, we are a significant player on the world stage.

For those that want to put off the day of reckoning and the black swan may be Milibot is the ticket now.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA443

I'm quite surprised that there isn't more mention of the destabilising effect that UKIP might have on the UK economy. As far as the Markets have gone its a non event. Granted that most on here think it needs destabilising and a crash would be a good thing.

The fact that nobody is talking about that danger/opportunity, doesn't mean there isn't one.

In July 2007 I googled is Northern Rock going bankrupt? and the lone link was crashmonitor on housepricecrash. A month later there were thousands of links.

Here's a lone voice, but Markets seem to be ignoring the march of UKIP.

http://www.brianbinley.com/2014/10/electoral-arithmetic.html

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA444

Not sure the markets are that interested in a Purple Tory who was once a Blue Tory getting re-elected to his seat with a drastically reduced majority and requiring a huge amount of non Tory votes to do it.

So I'll just be looking for a quick flipping opportunity.

HOLA445

I'm quite surprised that there isn't more mention of the destabilising effect that UKIP might have on the UK economy. As far as the Markets have gone its a non event. Granted that most on here think it needs destabilising and a crash would be a good thing.

If UKIP get in and the economy tanks then they'll get the blame and no one will ever dare vote not-red-or-blue again.

So for Lab and torys it's a win. Someone to blame all the bad stuff on.

HOLA446

If we keep wracking up the debt i guess we need more people to cheaply boost GDP and to be "human collateral" for the loans.

However after all these bailouts the only improvement I feel is the next step of the property ladder being increased by 100K and sweet fa on my savings.

So frankly knock it down an start again it wont be as good as I wish but it wont be as bad as one day it will collapse UKIP or no UKIP.

HOLA447

why should the market care? what destablisisation could it be?

1. They'll get 5-15 seats in May, more likely the lower end of that range

2. Apart from leaving EU there is no material difference in policies. High borrowings, house prices etc, QE, blah blah

Yes if UK leaves EU then that is huge but how likely? Not likely.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Is Rochester And Strood Crashing?

Well Conservative strategists said they would so it's a certainty ;) and in any event it'll all be because of UKIP.

Only the Conservative (and LibDem) top politicians can achieve house prices high enough so that young people can't afford them (Labour help from time to time as well of course)

http://

www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/voting-ukip-could-lower-house-27129/

House prices in Rochester and Strood could fall sharply if Ukip wins the seat, according to Tory strategists.

They claim voters are concerned the constituency could suffer the same fate as Barking and Dagenham where many middle-class families moved away following local council victories by the BNP.

Speaking to the Telegraph, Charles Walker, MP for Broxbourne, who joined candidate Kelly Tolhurst on the campaign trail today, said: "The danger is if you vote Ukip, the value of your house will go down."

^^ They are what they used to call "a shower".

Edited by billybong

HOLA4411

http://
www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/cameron-defends-kitchen-sink-strategy-27169/
He sidestepped questions about a comment from one of his MPs who had claimed that a vote for UKIP would mean that house prices would fall.
“I am not a forecaster of house prices,” he said.
Just a manipulator of them upwards.
Edited by billybong

HOLA4412

The fact that nobody is talking about that danger/opportunity, doesn't mean there isn't one.

In July 2007 I googled is Northern Rock going bankrupt? and the lone link was crashmonitor on housepricecrash. A month later there were thousands of links.

Here's a lone voice, but Markets seem to be ignoring the march of UKIP.

http://www.brianbinley.com/2014/10/electoral-arithmetic.html

The comment to that post says

Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty runs out on 1 November 2014 and Cameron is signing yet another treaty this month which comes into force in March 2017 forbidding any EU member country from holding a referendum without all other member states agreeing to it.

So need to get out asap . The undemocratic nature of the EU and Camerons keen desire to

implement the TTIP are very worrying and we need to stop the TTIP and also get out .

It is easier to control what shite is heading our way with only our govt to control than

when the EU is pushing its pro coporatist agenda..

In my view, the politicians who want to sign us up to the TTIP and remove our national sovereignty

are committing treason .(not that they will be dragged off to the Tower , unfortunately).

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Well I wouldn't want to live there.

Full of UKIP voters!

I think they have the HS1. Last I heard Londoners were moving out that that way. National Rail has Strood to St Pancreas as 34mins or 1hr09 Strood to charing X lol.

Is there a London Independence party? (LIP)

Edited by Ash4781

HOLA4416

Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty runs out on 1 November 2014 and Cameron is signing yet another treaty this month which comes into force in March 2017 forbidding any EU member country from holding a referendum without all other member states agreeing to it.

So if he's re-elected and if he has his way that treaty will come into force before his so called referendum on the eu and the referendum won't be permitted unless all the other states agree to it.

So a definite and significant transfer of sovereignty and stiil no referendum despite his "promise" of one under those circumstance - and as he's going to be signing the new treaty for sure that treaty won't be part of any "negotiations" in advance of a referendum, if the UK is allowed a referendum.

An immediate referendum on the eu is needed.

Edited by billybong