House Price Crash Forum

Realplayer Support - How Can We Help You?

DTMark

HOLA441

I browse YouTube trying to track down really old music videos. Quite a few are so obscure that it's about the only place you can find them. When I come across them I'll download them and periodically do a run through iTunes to see if they're still to buy and if there are other mixes, etc.

RealPlayer has always been a slightly scrappy piece of software and I only use it for this function.

Anyway that functionality has been broken since about November last year. So I tap the search into Google and find my way to a support thread which must be one of the funniest I've ever read. You can actually see previously patient people progressively losing the will to live. Fair play to them for leaving it on there and an object lesson in the importance of listening to the customer.

Will probably amuse IT people most.

https://realnetworks...ps-from-youtube-

It's still broken.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I can't believe Realplayer still exists, last time I used it must have been more than 12 years ago on Windows 98!

DTMark why don't you use Firefox with one of the numerous flash video/audio download add-ons instead?

I use the DownloadHelper add-on which works great for youtube and countless other sites.

HOLA446

I can't believe Realplayer still exists, last time I used it must have been more than 12 years ago on Windows 98!

DTMark why don't you use Firefox with one of the numerous flash video/audio download add-ons instead?

I use the DownloadHelper add-on which works great for youtube and countless other sites.

My home machine and my work machine are one and the same so I have to standardise on Internet Explorer as it's still the most commonly used one over here e.g. for testing and making sure stuff renders OK (I check Chrome as well plus mobiles). Must admit I might be a bit out of date on the share across browser users.

I shall check out Firefox, thanks - haven't ventured near that in ages.

Archived