House Price Crash Forum

The Taxpayer White Elephant Goldmine

SleepyHead

HOLA441

Taxpayers are funding dubious policy projects, that only seem to benefit the well connected few.

I can think of a few, can you help?

HS2 - Consultants now being paid after MPs rushed through funding permission. Contractors etc, etc.

Foreign Aid - Lots of rich people running "charities" employing family members and paying themselves very generous salaries.

Olympic Games - Huge boondoggle for well connected types, prompting David Cameron to wish for an Olympics every year.

Diamond Jubilee - again, huge bonanza for well connected types.

next years "Cameron/Miliband/Clegg Aid project for rich friends" ?

100 year centenary of World War 1 - David Cameron wands a Diamond Jubilee style celebration.

Anyone else see this pattern?

Edited by SleepyDog

HOLA442
HOLA443

Taxpayers are funding dubious policy projects, that only seem to benefit the well connected few.

HS2 - Consultants now being paid after MPs rushed through funding permission. Contractors etc, etc.

Foreign Aid - Lots of rich people running "charities" employing family members and paying themselves very generous salaries.

Olympic Games - Huge boondoggle for well connected types, prompting David Cameron to wish for an Olympics every year.

100 year centenary of World War 1 - David Cameron wands a Diamond Jubilee style celebration.

All "Golden Turd" projects! forgive my cynicism! :(

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Harold Wilson and motorway building.

Margaret Thatcher and motorway building.

the chinese can build theirs in 2 years...it takes ours 2 decades.

primarily because camerons chums etc are all lawyers and like to take their pound of flesh from representing the pressure groups.

that way nothing gets done, the lawyers get extremely rich and the politicians can palm it off as environmental protection.

if we want real progress in this country we just have to kill all the lawyers and get engineers in charge.

should be no surpirse that the countries that are getting the best growth presently have mostly scientists at the helm(merkel phd nuclear physics.....china masters in civil engineering IIRC)

...ours are debating society champions,pretty feckin weak really

...and no experience in the real world either.

Edited by oracle

HOLA449

aaah..clan cameron.

clandestine jacobite(just like blair as it happens)

read up on your scottish history.

I said before,I should be suporting them, but I don't( a rather obscure genetic bloodline thing)

from what they have been doing recently is frankly unforgiveable.

message to dave& co....stop this crap right now.

..your worst enemies will come from your own household if you dont.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Remember the first world war, don't celebrate it. The politicians as usual just don't get it.

It was a horrendous waste of human life.

According to Krugman and the rest of the Keynesian psychos bloody well worth it though, what what, as everyone had a job, even if they came back from work missing a couple of appendages and half their bladder.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Lottery funded! Its your choice to buy a lottery ticket - even if government does demand half the proceeds go to completely not politically sensitive causes :lol:

Pretty much anything the government is involved in is wasteful and corrupt

Its probably easier to make a list of things that arent, if there are any.

Was it? oh ok. I stand corrected on that one. :) I remember it causing a big stink in the public's mind at the time.

Edited by SleepyDog