House Price Crash Forum

Joy For Food Owners? Surely?

SleepyHead

HOLA441

"Rocketing food prices are a "source of stress" for four in 10 UK consumers, while a third say they are struggling to feed themselves or their family."

Food Price Rises 'A Source Of Stress'

Rising food costs causing 'stress'

What did you think printing trillions of dollars, pounds and euros was going to do Sky/BBC News? Still want to celebrate rocketing house price rises?

Edited by SleepyDog

HOLA442

Food prices are shooting up in the supermarkets that's for sure.

Iv managed to get our food bill down to around £30 a week for 2 adults and children on a weekend.

Aldi reduces at 10am so I tend to call in then and pick up the meat/chicken etc and their veg offers.

My local small Morrisons reduces a 5pm and being small its always easy to pick up a lot of food for next to nothing.

They always reduce bread to 9p and I get a weeks worth and freeze.Often a lot of meat and chicken and salad very cheap.

The freezer is crucial as it all goes in there and comes out each morning for the evening meal.

My local grocer also has 25kg bags of good quality potatoes for £6,27% of the supermarket prices even in Aldi.

Allotment provides a lot of veg now as well.

We also eat very well indeed.

Its because im self employed though,If I was still employed id think our bill would be around £80 a week as it would be one big shop.

HOLA443

Iv managed to get our food bill down to around £30 a week for 2 adults and children on a weekend.

Aldi reduces at 10am so I tend to call in then and pick up the meat/chicken etc and their veg offers.

My local small Morrisons reduces a 5pm and being small its always easy to pick up a lot of food for next to nothing.

They always reduce bread to 9p and I get a weeks worth and freeze.Often a lot of meat and chicken and salad very cheap.

The freezer is crucial as it all goes in there and comes out each morning for the evening meal.

My local grocer also has 25kg bags of good quality potatoes for £6,27% of the supermarket prices even in Aldi.

Its because im self employed though,If I was still employed id think our bill would be around £80 a week as it would be one big shop.

Any luxuries in there, durhamborn?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Any luxuries in there, durhamborn?

That doesn't include lager or wine that we tend to buy twice a year in bulk.

It all depends on whats reduced really.Today we had 6 lamb chops with lunch I picked up in Morrisons for 90p 75% off.

Im finding chicken is getting harder to get reduced lately.What I tend to do now is if there is a lot of good quality food reduced buy it all.

Yesterday I got 15 Tropicana pure orange juice cartons for 18p each (from £2.38),,froze them all and will take one out every 2 days.

The smaller stores of the big supermarkets are best I find.They tend to end up having to reduce more and stick to a certain time each day.

HOLA446

Food prices up, gas set to rocket 8%. All pretty much unavoidable expenses. Yet house prices are set to BOOM!! Haha, pull the other one!

Either asset prices come down or current prices go up. Through ZIRP, QE and direct mortgage subsidy Osborne has clearly opted for the that latter, at least until the GE. The question is, can the economy ever grow its way back to balance or are prices now so far apart that only a hyperinflation will do the trick?

HOLA447

Given how tight money is getting, I am suprised that there is much food left on the reduced shelves

HOLA448

That doesn't include lager or wine that we tend to buy twice a year in bulk.

It all depends on whats reduced really.Today we had 6 lamb chops with lunch I picked up in Morrisons for 90p 75% off.

Im finding chicken is getting harder to get reduced lately.What I tend to do now is if there is a lot of good quality food reduced buy it all.

Yesterday I got 15 Tropicana pure orange juice cartons for 18p each (from £2.38),,froze them all and will take one out every 2 days.

The smaller stores of the big supermarkets are best I find.They tend to end up having to reduce more and stick to a certain time each day.

Agreed. We use a couple of smaller, local Co-ops especially at the weekend. They tend to reduce prices around six-ish every day, and sometimes more often.