House Price Crash Forum

Have You Seen The Strictly Line Up?

cica

HOLA441

Yes 'Can't Get It Out Of my Head' was written by songwriting team, ex Mud chap and Cathy Dennis, and Kylie did a very good job with it.

As for Ms Bextor, as an owner of several of her CDs, I can say she is pretty good and at least does have some individuality. Not quite mainstream but a decent popstress.

'Take Me Home' and 'Me and My Imagination' worth checking out.

HOLA442

Yes 'Can't Get It Out Of my Head' was written by songwriting team, ex Mud chap and Cathy Dennis, and Kylie did a very good job with it.

As for Ms Bextor, as an owner of several of her CDs, I can say she is pretty good and at least does have some individuality. Not quite mainstream but a decent popstress.

'Take Me Home' and 'Me and My Imagination' worth checking out.

I think it is just the chords for Tiger Feet played slower, or did I imagine that. Don`t know much about Kylie, except thinking the girl who played the mechanic in neighbours had a weird second name (common in Australia maybe?) and probably wouldn`t be heard of much again after that show! "Devil you Know" from the 80`s is the only thing that sticks in my mind as a great Kylie song, but I haven`t listened to her albums, and one interview I saw her doing talking about "making" some album or other had her looking like she was far removed from the creative musical and mixing process, she looked really fake to me to honest, can`t really imagine her composing songs at a piano or with a guitar although no doubt she can sing a bit live?

Will check out those songs you mention though.

HOLA443

Edit: Well S Club are the worst of the bunch by a long way

Think I read somewhere they only cleared a few grand each out of that entire episode. Rachel Stevens was quite nice but has well and truly achieved obscurity now.

HOLA444

Think I read somewhere they only cleared a few grand each out of that entire episode. Rachel Stevens was quite nice but has well and truly achieved obscurity now.

Whoever she is.

You have to be both good and astutue to make money in entertainment, couple of examples.

A friend bumped into an old school mate after seeing him on Top of the Pops, in I would guess the early 70s. It wasn't a huge band (my friend couldn't recall their name) but what he did remember was that his gushing "Wow, you've made it" praise was stopped short by his saying that all they got was a few hundred quid each and that was that. No more success and back doing manual work.

I saw a great singer at the Grosvenor in Torquay (that of The Hotel TV series, I wasn't staying) who was playing to ten people. He was excellent and putting on a good act, mentioned that he'd been part of a London show and sung on a number 1 album. But still pleased to be working, good attitude but talent is clearly no path to riches.

HOLA445

talent is clearly no path to riches.

Just being talented, no, but the best of any field can often milk a LOT from it.

There are a TON of people that can sing very well.

All the most famous female pianists are highly attractive. Once you get to that super-elite level at piano they are all quite similar.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Whoever she is.

You have to be both good and astutue to make money in entertainment, couple of examples.

A friend bumped into an old school mate after seeing him on Top of the Pops, in I would guess the early 70s. It wasn't a huge band (my friend couldn't recall their name) but what he did remember was that his gushing "Wow, you've made it" praise was stopped short by his saying that all they got was a few hundred quid each and that was that. No more success and back doing manual work.

I saw a great singer at the Grosvenor in Torquay (that of The Hotel TV series, I wasn't staying) who was playing to ten people. He was excellent and putting on a good act, mentioned that he'd been part of a London show and sung on a number 1 album. But still pleased to be working, good attitude but talent is clearly no path to riches.

Being a Ritchie Blackmore fan I read an interview where he said that he was glad all the Nashville guitarists stayed in Nashville, otherwise there would be a lot of embarrassed "guitar gods". He said watching the show Hee Haw would sometimes remind even accomplished and successful guitarists that they were really just wandering around the foothills. There was a story about the guy sweeping up the studio in Nashville on a Jeff Beck recording asking to borrow a guitar, and blowing Jeff Beck completely away. I suppose though if you are good there will always be some kind of paid work, even if it is cruise ships?

Archived