House Price Crash Forum

Nigel Farage's Turnups

R K

HOLA441

Noticed on CH4 news report on Farage in Romania that he was wearing turn ups on his trousers.

So my question to the HPC massive is whether turn ups are acceptable again? If millionaire oil traders turned MEPs can wear them does this mean I can now dust off my extensive wardrobe of turn ups again or would that be a sartorial faux pas too far?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Turnups have never been out of fashion its just personal taste. I have some very modern expensive suits with and without. I do think that turnups sit better over the shoes.

Obviously shoes are unknown to me! ;)

HOLA448

Noticed on CH4 news report on Farage in Romania that he was wearing turn ups on his trousers.

Not sure Romania is the country in which to debut his fancy-dan trouser-turnips.

But I reckon they'd go down a treat in SWEDE-en...!!!

Buh-dum Tsssssssssssssshhhhhhhh...!!!!

Eeey, sometimes I'm just dead daft me...

XYY

HOLA449

Interesting. He may have inadvertently just revamped my wardrobe.

Here's the video evidence ..........

"Is it not the case that were it not for immigrants, all your women would have grown moustaches, because they would have married their first cousins?"

:D:lol::D:lol:

Sadly I don't think the pair of beige turn-upped slacks I bought from River Island for my girlfriend's 17th birthday party- which I got a good 12 years of pubbing, clubbing and partying out of- fit round my bum any more since I started squatting :( . TBH, turn-ups on suit trousers look a bit fussy IMO. On some slacks over a pair of loafers, spot-on :) .

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

So my question to the HPC massive is whether turn ups are acceptable again? If millionaire oil traders turned MEPs can wear them does this mean I can now dust off my extensive wardrobe of turn ups again or would that be a sartorial faux pas too far?

Let me know when I can have turn-ups on my jeans again.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Farage is a master orator and also a grand tit.

Whose money is he spending over there to promote himself and his agenda?

yes,he's a rioja swilling,cigar smoking bloke who has a habit of not mincing his words and really pissing off politically correct politicians.

..much better that than a teetotal,vegan pacifist non-entity who believes everybody on planet earth should think and act exactly the same way they do..and if they don't then they are unrighteous heretics to be witch-hunted and burned at the stake or whatever.

even hitler warned there would be another hitler a century hence,with same thoughts and ideas...it seems that we are fast approaching his revealing....nice to know we've actually got someone who has grown a pair to oppose him.

I will take hard drinking/hard smoking supposedly social misfit/outcast every time.

me and the borg don't get on too well...having much trouble assimilating.

HOLA4416
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest TheBlueCat

I don't like them, they fill up with crap and need to be cleaned. They're the trouser equivalent of a belly-button.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Nothing wrong with turnups if they are on casual trousers or lounge suits. They're not correct for formal wear such as a morning suit, full evening dress (white tie) or black tie.

A lot of tailors include them as standard on lounge suits, they're a classic detail rather than a fashion. From what I can tell from the cut of his clothing, Mr Farage seems to wear bespoke or at least made-to-measure suits so it's understandable that he might have turnups on some of his trousers.

I agree though that beige chinos with turn ups and double American (outward facing) pleats are a bit dodgy and 1986-ish, as are turnups on jeans.

HOLA4421

Archived