House Price Crash Forum

Nokia Commits Suicide

HOLA441

Nokia forced to cut price of 'flagship' new smartphone by 50% after disastrous sales - as shares plunge to 15-year low

Credit agencies downgrade Nokia shares to 'junk' status

Android phones expected to capture 61% of phone market

Nokia to cut 10,000 jobs

'Flagship' phone cut to just $50 in U.S. after 12 weeks on sale

I can't work out whether this person works for Nokia or Microsoft -

i went from my iphone 4 to this phone, i like it a lot better. It runs so smoothly and is far more user friendly.

- Grant, Miami, USA, 16/7/2012 18:56

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Nokia was caught faking the video supposedly shot on the new Windows Phone 8 models, so I wouldn't put much faith in any stills they claim to have shot using it.

IMO they've shot themselves in both feet diluting the "PureView" brand. They had something really impressive - that actually had Nikon and Canon worried - and they've mixed it up with standard tech from a digital compact.

Fools.

HOLA448

In previous iPhone releases, a significant upgrade comes out every 2 years, that was today and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. This is more like an incremental upgrade that happens in between major releases and is typically denoted with an S at the end. I'm on my second iPhone(4) and I was going to upgrade, but I don't know if I will now. I suspect Nokia and Microsoft are breathing a sigh of relief, the difference between the Nokia hardware and the iPhone 5 is pretty negligible and it really hinges on how much better the windows phone 8 is and the price of each. Nokia aren't dead just yet...

• 9 months later...
HOLA449

Archived