• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Went to JF auction yesterday - about 80% sold but everything went for within guide price. The only thing that almost went over guide price was a Sketty terrace that 2 would-be home owners were bidding on.

A 4 bed detached in the quarry in Mumbles - Waverly Drive - went for 217K, 3K short of its top guide price. Bargain for whoever bought it. I was tempted to bid but it lacked what I am looking for in a home. When I first saw it on the market a few years back it was on for over 300K IIRC.

The auctioneer had to push to get 217K.

You using the word bargain had me checking previous sold prices there. :lol:

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?con=sold_prices_street_detail&street=WAVERLEY+DRIVE&locality=MUMBLES&town=SWANSEA&cCode=EW&year=All&house_style=All&house_age=All&search_radius=15&outcode=SA3&incode=5SY&eastingToSearch=26100&northingToSearch=18830&isSearchPostcode=1

Was it this one, what number was it?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34502167.html

HOLA446

Yep, that is it.

24 - they paid 245K in 2003.

By bargain, I meant relative to the previous asking price. It was on last year and most of this for just short of 270K but had been on for over 300K in the past.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Quite spacious although not much outside space and a very small garden/corner bit of grass.

Obviously not an easy one to value and would need a surveyor to get a real idea. Suppose you need to figure in cost of land and build, but it was done to the owners taste which might not be the same as many other people.

Looks like the vendors valuation to me.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Caswell back as sold again . Wonder if it's the same buyer who has sorted his problem now, or number two on the list of eager and lobotomised fools who has stepped into the breach?

Also see that Knelston is still on at 350K BUT now on with CTF. Clearly JF either found it more trouble than it was worth as a repo. or else the bank were not happy with the continuing inertia and blamed the EA. I'd go with the former reasoning.

Caswell "Cottage"" has fallen through for the second time AND they have now dropped the price from 575K to 510K. A real bargain for the demented among us , don't all rush down to JF today please.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4419

This one was on for, IIRC, 320K/325K? last year with Simpsons.

It then went over to Astleys this year, (I think for the same asking price originally - could be wrong on that), before eventually dropping down to just below 300K - £299,995 I think - with them. Astleys were very keen to get me to go and view it but I told them that, IMPO, I thought the asking price was 50K too much. I could not see myself paying more than 240K for such a house personally.

Anyhow, it has now moved over to Peter Alan for £299,995.

West Cross Avenue, West Cross, Swansea

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-23703036.html

When I see houses moving between EAs but not dropping the asking price I put the house on my list of houses not to view.

Another bunch of SSTCs in Swansea West/Mumbles/Gower came back available in the past 24 hours - word on the grapevine is that the bank surveyors are now valuing houses in the area seriously lower than either the EA valuations or buyer offers.

HOLA4420

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum so be gentle on me!

Myself, partner and 1.5 year old are returning to the uk after working away for some time.

We have decided we want to be in the western gower and are in the fortunate position that we have built up a good bit of cash with which to buy a small holding. Basically we are after the 'good life' - chickens and all, plus I'm a surfer so the gower is ideal.

We are looking at a number of properties around the 700k mark. I would like to know what sort of discount I should go in at for this part of the market. I appreciate this is a vague question, however I would be grateful for some ideas from the seasoned market watchers! I was thinking about 25pc below asking.

Thanks.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Doubt it. Built by the vendors and it looks like they had Dawsons trying to sell for them at first.

Now appears that they have moved out or passed it on to children. Looks like JF have been added as a second agent, but pricing is different. Either a typo or Dawsons have not yet updated a reduction.

Due to it being vacant and muliti agent listed, I would expect the sale is more urgent now. Perhaps further reductions to get the sale if possible. If not possible it could become a repo.

HOLA4423

I personally cannot believe anyone would ask this price, or anywhere near it, for a house in this location.

Best of luck to them but I personally think 250K asking would have been more realistic and to accept any offer over 210K? What do you think?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38869109.html

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA4424

I personally cannot believe anyone would ask this price, or anywhere near it, for a house in this location.

Best of luck to them but I personally think 250K asking would have been more realistic and to accept any offer over 210K? What do you think?

Nice enough house, wrong location.

Would have to be massive, detached and secluded (very secluded) to tempt me to uplands.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38869109.html

HOLA4425

i agree with niceathome, a nice house with some nice featues but way too close to the ever encroaching student land to be worth 320k, i think you would end up like clint eastwood in his house in gran torino down there!

Its a shame because its a nice row of houses, i have walked/ran past many times and seen smashed wing mirrors and the like from students walking home late at night.

I would not have bothered renovating this one would be better as a HMO.