House Price Crash Forum

Two Year Ban For Wrong Way Youtube Driver.

Harry Monk

HOLA441
A woman who admitted driving the wrong way down the slip road of a busy dual carriageway and crashing into two lorries has been fined and banned.

Shazida Begum was captured on camera by a device fitted in one of the lorries and the footage on YouTube has been watched more than 2.4 million times.

You Tube footage here....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-15718599

A very lucky lady to have survived that, I would say.

HOLA442
HOLA443

The off-topic forum is a little haven of respite from that nonsense ...

Having said that, I'm about to buy a second-hand tractor unit, which will serve as both my workplace and my home, and I'll be paying around £20,000 + VAT for it. And I can even drive it up the Croydon bus lane in the morning rush hour ;)

HOLA444

With reference to another thread on here....

Get pissed and have a kip in your car - 1 year

Do this - 2 yrs

That lorry driver did a first class job of controlling that situation though - put his vehicle in a roll to save that woman's life and then dumped it on the verge to not be a hazzard to others! First class driving.

HOLA445

The off-topic forum is a little haven of respite from that nonsense ...

Having said that, I'm about to buy a second-hand tractor unit, which will serve as both my workplace and my home, and I'll be paying around £20,000 + VAT for it. And I can even drive it up the Croydon bus lane in the morning rush hour ;)

Sounds like owner-drivering

Sure you weren't enthusiastic when I mentioned it after you were made redundant.

Are you getting a trailer or doing traction only - we spend more on trailer maintenance than on the units - though, having said, that the units are typically much younger than the average trailer which probably makes a difference.

I can't see too big a downside providing you pay the right (debt free!) money for the kit - I'd avoid dealers and maybe go to the leasing co's with disposals direct Hill Hire/Fraikin/TiP GE etc.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Sounds like owner-drivering

Sure you weren't enthusiastic when I mentioned it after you were made redundant.

I've thought about it many times in the past but there has always been plenty of work around as an employee, which makes for an easier life.Now there isn't, and I have all but given up on buying a house any time in the foreseeable future and my STR fund is earning very little in interest so I am looking into it more seriously, to the point where I am doing my CPC National and International next week.

I have been offered traction work for a financially sound company, this is what an ex employer and personal friend of mine does and he makes a reasonable living at it, I could also get my own work if I bought a few trailers, but I haven't taken a hard and fast decision about anything yet (apart from the CPC)

HOLA448

That lorry driver did a first class job of controlling that situation though - put his vehicle in a roll to save that woman's life and then dumped it on the verge to not be a hazzard to others! First class driving.

I watched the video and didn't think it was planned , fair play if he planned to do it as you say.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I watched the video and didn't think it was planned , fair play if he planned to do it as you say.

I dunno, maybe an hgv druver could clarify, but it looks to me like a massive swerve right to avoid woman. The resulting required swerve left takes him on to verge, i think he could then have tried another right to get back on road, but it prob would have gone wrong and so he decides to ditcg it on verge.

HOLA4411

Archived