House Price Crash Forum

Should We Pile Back In To The Stock Market This Week?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

if you did well you could have netted 10% by selling at peak(ish-0 and buying back in now, unless you know, like bulltrader, the stocks that would have moved the most

for most of us without bulltrader's capacity for risk and also whatever his special trading insight is, not worth the trading costs

HOLA444
HOLA445

Jackson Hole next weekend

If the Bernanke announces QE3 everything could be heading north on a short term sugar rush. Should we buy in now?

S

You will be gambling with your money. QE1+2 don't appear to have stimulated anything but commodity prices. The US is sensitive to gas prices, so QE doesn't help. If QE3 is announced you will have ample time to buy stocks. I don't think the FED can have QE3 and leave interest rates on hold. Might QE3 cause a sell-off? If the economy is so broken that it needs QE3, can it be saved? I think Bernanke will be forced to let nature take its course unless stocks drop another 3000 points. Bernanke is a delusional, arrogant pr1ck though, which makes me stand well back. Not all FED members supported the freeze on interest rates; that's rather telling.

Take a close look at what happened with the US markets over the last 2 weeks. The DOW is now at a near low for the year. Stocks retraced all of their gains back down. Intraday price movements of low beta stocks are widening. You might even lose money if you try to daytrade this market because stocks are double-dipping during the day. 300 points can soon turn into 1000 points in a panic. All it will take is for a European bank to show a bit of stress and it will be game over, QE3 or not.

Germany's economy is almost in recession or might actually already be in recession!!! Goldman Sachs doesn't see a recession happening, which means that there will be a recession. It makes you wonder why anyone listens to Goldman Sachs after they committed fraud and were fined.

I just don't see that the reward is big enough to trade next week. Flash computer trading will also amplify the sell-off, if it happens.

Buy back in when everyone has sold, which I think will be between DOW 8000-9000. If it drops below 6000 I will be buying arable land, shotguns and tinned food......I kid you not.

HOLA446

You will be gambling with your money. QE1+2 don't appear to have stimulated anything but commodity prices. The US is sensitive to gas prices, so QE doesn't help. If QE3 is announced you will have ample time to buy stocks. I don't think the FED can have QE3 and leave interest rates on hold. Might QE3 cause a sell-off? If the economy is so broken that it needs QE3, can it be saved? I think Bernanke will be forced to let nature take its course unless stocks drop another 3000 points. Bernanke is a delusional, arrogant pr1ck though, which makes me stand well back. Not all FED members supported the freeze on interest rates; that's rather telling.

Take a close look at what happened with the US markets over the last 2 weeks. The DOW is now at a near low for the year. Stocks retraced all of their gains back down. Intraday price movements of low beta stocks are widening. You might even lose money if you try to daytrade this market because stocks are double-dipping during the day. 300 points can soon turn into 1000 points in a panic. All it will take is for a European bank to show a bit of stress and it will be game over, QE3 or not.

Germany's economy is almost in recession or might actually already be in recession!!! Goldman Sachs doesn't see a recession happening, which means that there will be a recession. It makes you wonder why anyone listens to Goldman Sachs after they committed fraud and were fined.

I just don't see that the reward is big enough to trade next week. Flash computer trading will also amplify the sell-off, if it happens.

Buy back in when everyone has sold, which I think will be between DOW 8000-9000. If it drops below 6000 I will be buying arable land, shotguns and tinned food......I kid you not.

BUY!!!

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

If I knew how to do it, I would place an arbitrage trade. Sell gold, buy gold miners. There has been a disconnect between the two. Maybe there is a good reason for this, but looks worth the risk anyway.

Presumably you could do that with your choice of spread-betting platform.

What does the disconnect tell you? Gold miners fortunes are tied to future gold prices, so you're betting on the bubble going one way only, and a bust would crash them. I suspect that disconnect reflects a rapidly-rising likelihood of a bust coming soon!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Presumably you could do that with your choice of spread-betting platform.

What does the disconnect tell you? Gold miners fortunes are tied to future gold prices, so you're betting on the bubble going one way only, and a bust would crash them. I suspect that disconnect reflects a rapidly-rising likelihood of a bust coming soon!

Don't want to give the game away too easily folks..... but there ain't enough gold in the world to service 1% of all the gold that is promised in various derivative trading. That's why there's a disconnect.

HOLA4412

Don't want to give the game away too easily folks..... but there ain't enough gold in the world to service 1% of all the gold that is promised in various derivative trading. That's why there's a disconnect.

Perhaps Chavez will help out by selling off Venezuela's gold supply? I hope the gold exists that he want repatriated from Britain! :lol:

HOLA4413

Perhaps Chavez will help out by selling off Venezuela's gold supply? I hope the gold exists that he want repatriated from Britain! :lol:

If it's suddenly discovered that Venezuela is a Taliban stronghold that needs bombing, we'll know the gold isn't there...