House Price Crash Forum

Bendys Album Of The Year

bendy

HOLA441

i've been eagerly awaiting this album after this ep tune:

anyway today i got the album:

frankturner11cd300.jpg

and i must admit it is a superb album,something a bit different.

BUT,

as i read ages ago on wiki:

Early life

Turner attended Eton College where he was educated alongside Prince William, and later went on to attend the London School of Economics where he studied History.[2] His father Roger Turner, is the son of Sir Mark Turner, formerly chairman of high street retailer BHS and had himself also attended Eton before becoming a City investment banker, while his mother, Jane, the daughter of a bishop, is a primary school headmistress.[3]

nnnngh. :angry:

HOLA442
HOLA443

Cliched pap until the last 30 secs IMO, or am I missing some irony? Some good emotion in the voice at the end, bird dancing in red dress also hot, without her wouldn`t have watched to the end (oldest trick in the book etc etc) not sure how rock and roll saved anything, not sure why some teat from eton feels the need to explain? An "emotion lite" version of Calling Elvis.

HOLA444
Guest tbatst2000

i've been eagerly awaiting this album after this ep tune:

anyway today i got the album:

frankturner11cd300.jpg

and i must admit it is a superb album,something a bit different.

BUT,

as i read ages ago on wiki:

nnnngh. :angry:

Why would that matter? So his parents had money and sent him to the best school they could find. Even if you think there's something inherently bad about private eduction, which I certainly don't, how are his parents choices his fault?

edit: great track btw, thanks for pointing it out to me.

HOLA445

Why would that matter? So his parents had money and sent him to the best school they could find. Even if you think there's something inherently bad about private eduction, which I certainly don't, how are his parents choices his fault?

edit: great track btw, thanks for pointing it out to me.

thanks for replying, stock response!

it shouldn't matter, but i'm an anti-money tfh type.

it''s a great album (i'll see if i can utoob up a load in a mo').

he's got this far because our system we live in has allowed him too, billions don't get that chance.

HOLA446

Cliched pap until the last 30 secs IMO, or am I missing some irony? Some good emotion in the voice at the end, bird dancing in red dress also hot, without her wouldn`t have watched to the end (oldest trick in the book etc etc) not sure how rock and roll saved anything, not sure why some teat from eton feels the need to explain? An "emotion lite" version of Calling Elvis.

post up what you like then.

edit to say shouldv'e posted the song only and not the video, always ruins songs.

radio>>>>>tv.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Suprisingly the takeover of the performing arts in the UK by public school boys and girls is a microcosm of the purging of the white working and lower middle classes from all positions of influence in the UK in the last quarter of century. It has been almost Stalinist in its totality. We have rolled the clock back to the 1930s when only certain voices and accents count. How prophetic were the Clash in 1977 when they predicted no Elvis or Beatles in the future but then they were ironically were part of the toff New Wave. Indeed Mick Jones is Grant Shapps cousin for ******s sake.

HOLA449

Suprisingly the takeover of the performing arts in the UK by public school boys and girls is a microcosm of the purging of the white working and lower middle classes from all positions of influence in the UK in the last quarter of century. It has been almost Stalinist in its totality. We have rolled the clock back to the 1930s when only certain voices and accents count. How prophetic were the Clash in 1977 when they predicted no Elvis or Beatles in the future but then they were ironically were part of the toff New Wave. Indeed Mick Jones is Grant Shapps cousin for ******s sake.

controlled since it's inception then it appears. :(

and if that's just music, what hope the rest :(

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

controlled since it's inception then it appears. :(

and if that's just music, what hope the rest :(

Apologies for the rant

Toss pot public school rockers etc have got on my tits since the days of punk particularly those who peddle faux rebellion and leach on the experiences of groups in society which they only know vicariously. Often the music is dressed up to be 'challenging' when the sentiment is banal or phony..

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

. Indeed Mick Jones is Grant Shapps cousin

Hadn't realised that..interesting!

My album of the year is "Through Low Light And Trees" by the Smoke Fairies..saw them in concert(for £7 !!) Two Sussex girlies playing folk/blues with a dash of Cajun.Fabulous vocal harmonies.They're on Youtube.

HOLA4414

Got to agree largely with that except I would include the last 30 secs.

Lyrics, banal in the extreme. A song about rock `n` roll....give me a break. The video full of pretty people with an assortment of tattoos....oooh radical.

Don`t get me wrong, songs should have a bit of catchy melody ( Costello, Squeeze, XTC, Nick Lowe, Arctic Monkeys etc, etc)

but this has no depth at all.

On the plus side it sounds nice (ie the production ) and he seems to have a decent voice.

Just find him something worth singing maybe with some jokes or wordplay in it.

It`s a shame, as when it started I had high hopes.

HOLA4415

Got to agree largely with that except I would include the last 30 secs.

Lyrics, banal in the extreme. A song about rock `n` roll....give me a break. The video full of pretty people with an assortment of tattoos....oooh radical.

Don`t get me wrong, songs should have a bit of catchy melody ( Costello, Squeeze, XTC, Nick Lowe, Arctic Monkeys etc, etc)

but this has no depth at all.

On the plus side it sounds nice (ie the production ) and he seems to have a decent voice.

Just find him something worth singing maybe with some jokes or wordplay in it.

It`s a shame, as when it started I had high hopes.

arctic monkeys, now i know you're on a wind up.

the definition of banal.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Joe Strummer (son of a diplomat) accusing The Jam (proper working class) of wearing Burton suits and "turning rebellion into money".

Who'd have thought this bloke was privately educated?

V Good, though. Much better than the Streets IMHO. (not difficult)

HOLA4425

Archived