House Price Crash Forum

Embarrassing Fat Bodies C4

HOLA441

Do you know what starvation mode is. I doubt it many of us have genuinely experienced it. Starvation mode is not "feeling a bit peckish before lunch."

In order to loose weight you might have to feel a bit hungry. That is the ghrelin response. It passes, and after that you usually feel fine.

Are you deliberately missing the point?

I am not talking about actually starving or dying of malnutrition. Feeling peckish has little to do with it. I am talking about when the body starts to act differently in terms of metabolism and food storage, which is actually much quicker than many think.

Like you, most people think that going without food is the key to weight loss. It isnt. You have to eat regularly and that is why most diets fail.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Not true, not for weeks and weeks. Indeed during short term fasting HGH cuts in to help preserve muscle mass.

It is true. Muscle mass is very easy to lose if you are not taking on enough protein and calories. That is why people that weight train limit themselves to under an hour in the gym and usually wont waste anymore than 200 calories on cardio work....because if you do too much you actually eat into muscle mass and lose it.

If you do too much one day or dont eat enough then you can measure a loss of muscle mass the next morning.

HOLA443

I think regular meals are good in that they can help change the content of what you may eat. Planned meals tend to be healthier on the whole - but it need not be so.

I think the point about it being a battle of the will against desire is the wrong approach like others posting here. We have already shown this repeated message to be not working and can be destructive in fact.

What is needed is simple changes to food and drink content and small changes to routine to build exercise into one's day-to-day life.

I am not sure what you mean by will and desire.

Obviously changes in diet are essential for weight loss. It is easy to swap 4000 calories of junk for 2000 calories of good food and still be able to eat so much that that there is no battle of will or desire.

Reducing calorie intake is easy when replacing junk.

The point about eating regularly though is that it forces your body to change the way that it reacts to food. If you eat regularly then your body does not need to try and store food. If you eat some fats then your body will not try to hold onto it when you do eat some.

It is like building muscle. You train a muscle to grow. It works, tears and regrows stronger to deal with the weights it is being used to deal with. Rinse and repeat. Same for the metabolism and fat loss.

HOLA444

You talk about food, fructose, fats, lack of exercise etc. but I would add two other things:

1. Big increase in alcohol intake, especially amongst women who are less able to process it. This also links into the desire for fatty foods to balance one's intake out.

2. Sharp drop in smoking.

Interestingly, iirc alcohol has a similar pathway to fructose.

Edited to add: Oh crud. Is that the best I could do for post number 5000?!

HOLA445
HOLA446

That is exactly my point Richy...to stop making it a battle because it doesn't need to be. Making it a battle between will and desire will inevitably lead to failure for most.

Quite.

Sorry, was being dim, pretty much on par with lollipop ladies though so we'll call it even :D

HOLA447

Obviously changes in diet are essential for weight loss. It is easy to swap 4000 calories of junk for 2000 calories of good food and still be able to eat so much that that there is no battle of will or desire.

Reducing calorie intake is easy when replacing junk.

It is like building muscle. You train a muscle to grow. It works, tears and regrows stronger to deal with the weights it is being used to deal with. Rinse and repeat. Same for the metabolism and fat loss.

You should see my poverty diet (apparently I am in poverty btw). I stopped eating sugar, meat, egg cheese, bread, milk and various other things because they had gone up in price so much I simply stopped buying them. I eat oats, potatoes, carrots and peas. And I've shed 2 stone in 2 months in conjuction with going to the gym daily.

HOLA448

You should see my poverty diet (apparently I am in poverty btw). I stopped eating sugar, meat, egg cheese, bread, milk and various other things because they had gone up in price so much I simply stopped buying them. I eat oats, potatoes, carrots and peas. And I've shed 2 stone in 2 months in conjuction with going to the gym daily.

well done you. If you want to build your muscles or just make sure that they dont ache the next day then you need to be eating as much protein as you can. You should be eating protein anyway just to stay healthy. Cheapest way is tuna and beans, milk and yoghurt.

Edit - thats not strictly true. Cheapest way is a couple of kilo's of weigh protein, it will last ages and you just mix with milk and drink like a shake http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product.php/276/18/whey_protein_concentrate_82___instantised_

HOLA449

I usually eat oats for breakfast , rice , peas and a tin of tuna for lunch not because i am saving money per se just out of habit.

Of course i also believe in free market healthcare , people who eat junk all the time shouldn't get subsidised healthcare on the NHS or medicare because they made the wrong choices ; the deterrant needs to be a tough love pay as you go medical system with the vastly lower personal and company tax rate this would also bring.

HOLA4410

well done you. If you want to build your muscles or just make sure that they dont ache the next day then you need to be eating as much protein as you can. You should be eating protein anyway just to stay healthy. Cheapest way is tuna and beans, milk and yoghurt.

Edit - thats not strictly true. Cheapest way is a couple of kilo's of weigh protein, it will last ages and you just mix with milk and drink like a shake http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product.php/276/18/whey_protein_concentrate_82___instantised_

I make my own Tofu now and again, namely to sell on to make a few £ but I keep about half a kilo to myself now and again.

HOLA4411

I usually eat oats for breakfast , rice , peas and a tin of tuna for lunch not because i am saving money per se just out of habit.

Of course i also believe in free market healthcare , people who eat junk all the time shouldn't get subsidised healthcare on the NHS or medicare because they made the wrong choices ; the deterrant needs to be a tough love pay as you go medical system with the vastly lower personal and company tax rate this would also bring.

The problem is without such a system with such cross subsidies it'd probably slide over time to encompass more and more things one of these things may well be soemthing you do! For example driving, pretty risky tbh.... Heh the BPA can't even get insurance in the UK and thus they insure using a bond instead and money they've saved for years.

HOLA4412

Have you seen the price of tuna??

Also, can I suggest the shakes (each serving much cheaper than a tin of tuna and with more protein as you say) that you mix with water as the millk contains proteins that take a while ot break down. The water gets it straight in to the system.

I cant do whey instantised with water, it turns my stomach. I know it is slower releasing with milk but thats fine with me. I also add a bit of nesquick milkshake powder to flavour it. :)

The best stuff is whey isolate, the fruit flavours mix well with water but that is far more expensive and I was trying to offer the cheapest solution that I know of.

Tuna is usually on offer everywhere now (tins of), not especially cheap but good protein content for the price of real food. Baked beans are great too. I bought a big bag of haricot beans and soya beans but it is hard to do anything with them or to get through them tbh so I will stick to baked beans in tins in future.

edit to add - if you are doing protein shakes with water, make up the last one with milk before you go to bed and your body gets a slower release throughout the night while you sleep.

HOLA4413

Anyone see this? Not tremendously helpful. Seems that most of the people on could be cured with expensive operations. The "price" for the operation being to bare all on national TV!

One woman had lost a lot of weight. However the resulting body was like something out of a horror film,

Another woman had a flabby (private area) which made embarrassing noises during intercourse.

Laughed like a drain at it whilst my OH wanted to puke.

Wrinkly 46 yr old woman - didn't have a wrinkly face so had she had that done already?

And Fat pubis woman - I am hoping she loses enough weight to not need an op - else it's just a vile "comestic surgery advert" program.

The man with the apron who put 12 stone on in 5 months MUST have eaten something to create the weight gain. Surely steroids can't turn nothing to fat?

HOLA4414

The man with the apron who put 12 stone on in 5 months MUST have eaten something to create the weight gain. Surely steroids can't turn nothing to fat?

Something? To put on 12 stone in 5 months it sounds like he has eaten more than a few small children :lol:

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

From their site:

LATEST QUESTIONS

The other day i found a big skin coloured spot on the shaft of my *****, it looks like the ones you get on your face, and it hurts a bit. Also it looks like it is growing…

Asked by Matt on Pearly Penile Papules

i am 42 years old and have 6 children and now have severe discolouration around my ******** area and inside my buttocks, i have been looking into ******** bleaching but am concer…

my thoughts: you should stop loooking at your &rse.

Asked by lisa on Skin Pigmentation Problems

Hi my boyfirend has a really bright red rasied lump on he's back and it bleeds everyday u dnt even have to touch it and it bleeds the doctor says its a mole its getting…

Asked by laura on Skin Cancer

My question is - why are these people not going to their GP? Is it really hard to get an appointment?

WARNING - the pics might make you sick

http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/episodes/episode-guides/embarrassing-fat-bodies/episode-1/fat-pubis/

HOLA4417

Laughed like a drain at it whilst my OH wanted to puke.

Wrinkly 46 yr old woman - didn't have a wrinkly face so had she had that done already?

And Fat pubis woman - I am hoping she loses enough weight to not need an op - else it's just a vile "comestic surgery advert" program.

I don't buy that story at all. Steroids inducing a man to put on a stone a month. The food had to come from somewhere.

And why didn't the doctors stop it?

Also his test-e-clay had disappeared and he had to piss standing over a plastic tray. FFS.

Seeing his stomach, being tossed into a bin (it filled a whole large kitchen sized waste bin) made me feel physically sick. It weighed six stone more than half what I weigh in total.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Easiest way to lose weight is eating most of your calories from fat and not eating sugar (including grains etc). These low fat 'health' foods always make me laugh.

+1 Couldn't agree more Pezerinno.

Ask any farmer. Want to fatten up the livestock. Feed it grains. Why people think humans are much different is beyond me.

HOLA4420

Ask any farmer. Want to fatten up the livestock. Feed it grains. Why people think humans are much different is beyond me.

Unfortunately the public they are bombarded with the message that fat is bad for you and grains are good. A bit like house prices only go up and are good for everyone...

HOLA4421

You two have got it spot on.

That other guy, "Eat at breakfast to stoke teh metabolizms!!!11!one!"

Jesus Christ. 1996 called and wants some nutritional advice from you.

HOLA4422

You two have got it spot on.

That other guy, "Eat at breakfast to stoke teh metabolizms!!!11!one!"

Jesus Christ. 1996 called and wants some nutritional advice from you.

Hey dikhead, no one said to eat cereals for breakfast, I will never put that sh1t in my body.

I dont need nutritional advice from someone that doesnt know what a gym is or what protein does or how to use google.

I dont need sh1t from morons that cant even spell metabolism let alone understand how it works either.

HOLA4423

Hey dikhead, no one said to eat cereals for breakfast, I will never put that sh1t in my body.

I dont need nutritional advice from someone that doesnt know what a gym is or what protein does or how to use google.

I dont need sh1t from morons that cant even spell metabolism let alone understand how it works either.

Do you understand how irony works?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

ok then, 'experts', help me out...

I've put on almost 3 stone over the last 18 months due to not giving a sh1t about my diet, leading an -extremely- sedate lifestyle (drive to work, sit at a desk, drive home, sit on the sofa). Won't go into the reasons why but I was unhappy and didn't care. Now i'm in a better position and want to get back into shape

A couple of years ago I did the BODY FOR LIFE program, which worked (to an extent), losing about 1 and a half stones over 4 months

Now I need to do more than that. I've already made a start, I walk 3 miles 5 days a week, and have started running (COUCH TO 5k) 3 times a week. I've also cut out all the cr@p from my diet (no crisps/chips/chocolate/pasties etc). But I want quick results. Ideally I want this 3 stone gone by autumn. So..

Today I started the P90X program, but found it almost impossible (got half way through the first workout then had to give up, due to not being able to feel my arms anymore). I really can't see myself doing it anymore. Hate to quit straight away but its just TOO eXtreme! I -could- keep at it, but its an hour a day of extreme workouts 6 days a week and that just seems too much and like it may actually kill me.

Ideas? I know eating healthy and doing the exercise i'm already doing will get the weight off eventually, but i need to see some results quickly before I become disheartened

Suppose I'm just looking for an easy way out. There probably isn't one but its worth a try! I never imagined being a fatty (fat people ar weak, etc), but it just creeps up and I never ever could've imagined how hard it is to get off once its there :angry:

Archived