House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Misreporting Hack Me Off Again

HOLA441

Mods move at you pleasure, just having a little rant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13184951

Talking about todays all time gold/silver highs, the BB(vllsh!t)C has

"The greenback has been steadily declining against most other currencies since the end of the financial crisis."

What end of the crisis, as far as I'm concerned it's ongoing, is this newspeak, say it aint so and it aint so-Aaaaggghhhh!!!!

HOLA442
Guest sillybear2

All paper currencies are being inflated to hell and back; it's like a bunch of sky divers jumping out of a plane without a parachute, the fate of all of them is predetermined, the only question is which one will hit the ground first. I think it's only starting to dawn on people the scale of fraud and outright robbery that occurred over the last two years (and the decades before that), all that magic money they created out of thin air has a price.

Gold could jump $1500 in a day if there was a loss of faith and a rush for the exits, fiat currencies trade on trust alone, once that's gone, *poof*.

HOLA443

The term 'financial crisis' is loaded enough to begin with. The word crisis is invoked to justify measures that would otherwise be unacceptable to any right-thinking people, but how long does the 'crisis' have to continue before we realise that this is the same old credit cycle.

It's reminiscent of various arab states which have had an official state of emergency for decades.

HOLA444

All paper currencies are being inflated to hell and back; it's like a bunch of sky divers jumping out of a plane without a parachute, the fate of all of them is predetermined, the only question is which one will hit the ground first. I think it's only starting to dawn on people the scale of fraud and outright robbery that occurred over the last two years (and the decades before that), all that magic money they created out of thin air has a price.

Gold could jump $1500 in a day if there was a loss of faith and a rush for the exits, fiat currencies trade on trust alone, once that's gone, *poof*.

I would agree. However I think the same applies for gold or silver as well. Ultimately - all are fairly useless in the ultimate goal of human life- survival.

Anyway - as for the OP - yes the chat that this 'crisis' is over is nonsense. IMO anyway. Which is pretty pointless. :D

HOLA445
Guest sillybear2

I would agree. However I think the same applies for gold or silver as well. Ultimately - all are fairly useless in the ultimate goal of human life- survival.

Anyway - as for the OP - yes the chat that this 'crisis' is over is nonsense. IMO anyway. Which is pretty pointless. :D

Indeed, but the metals in are limited in issuance by what's out there or by what you can practically dig up, compare that to the limitless nature of the electronic printing presses.

HOLA446

Quite.

Constant references to 'The Recession' as though we're still in one and 'The Cuts' as though there were any.

Show me 'The Crisis'. Show me 'The Recession'. Show me the actual 'Cuts' to the overall budget (there's always going to be some shifting about).

Anyone would think these labels are merely invoked to suit.

On the subject of the BBC best not to get too worked up.

As for the cuts, they are coming. .

HOLA447

Indeed, but the metals in are limited in issuance by what's out there or by what you can practically dig up, compare that to the limitless nature of the electronic printing presses.

Of course. Anyway 53 minutes till Top Gun.

Talk to me Goose.

HOLA448
Guest sillybear2

Of course. Anyway 53 minutes till Top Gun.

Talk to me Goose.

The mawkish homoerotic soft rock styled jingoistic conniptions of Top Gun leaves me flat. Everyone knows where the 80's were at; Wall Street tinged with Patrick Bateman, i.e. modern day GS.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

"The greenback has been steadily declining against most other currencies since the end of the financial crisis."

What end of the crisis, as far as I'm concerned it's ongoing, is this newspeak, say it aint so and it aint so-Aaaaggghhhh!!!!

With you zeb, but don't dismay...let the chips fall where they may.

The unsustainable, unstable mountain of debt must and will collapse.

HOLA4412

The mawkish homoerotic soft rock styled jingoistic conniptions of Top Gun leaves me flat. Everyone knows where the 80's were at; Wall Street tinged with Patrick Bateman, i.e. modern day GS.

Lunch is for wimps.

But all they are doing is exchanging gold for something that will actually keep them alive. A bit of metal, a bit of paper, the knowledge of where a certain stream comes from. All just the same really. Not much we really need to survive. And gold is certainly not one of those things. Neither are little bits of paper or numbers on a computer screen. That is all I am saying.

Phew ... didn't know ... this forum is great :D

I like that in a pilot.

986TGN_Tom_Skerritt_002.jpg

HOLA4413