House Price Crash Forum

Another Mse Lamb To The Slaughter

HOLA441

I think what he's doing is attempting to get the debt transferred to him so he can go after them for pennies in the pound? :unsure:

Not entirely sure, perhaps ratatat will clarify.

Wouldn't work.

As soon as someone files for bankruptcy, all debts cease to exist. There is nothing to go after.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I think what he's doing is attempting to get the debt transferred to him so he can go after them for pennies in the pound? :unsure:

Not entirely sure, perhaps ratatat will clarify.

I think if twitatat shows his face here again he'll be tarred and feathered.

HOLA443

Ultimately, bankruptcy is a time-honoured and perfectly legal mechanism of dealing with insolvency.

So no bankrupt should object to someone ensuring everybody is aware of their bankruptcy.

I'm confused - why is it such a sin to expose the truth about a person? It would be awful to put about false and malicious lies but why is telling the truth so despicable - especially as bankruptcy is so honourable?

Edited by xux42

HOLA444

So no bankrupt should object to someone ensuring everybody is aware of their bankruptcy.

I'm confused - why is it such a sin to expose the truth about a person? It would be awful to put about false and malicious lies but why is telling the truth so despicable - especially as bankruptcy is so honourable?

You are confused indeed. The tool that made the post about exposing people was describing how she checks the paper and then makes a decision that if it's not a business related bankruptcy then she will contact people that they "might" know to let them know that a person they "might" know is bankrupt. The fact that this information is published in public in the local rag is not enough for her...it has to go further and to the point that a complete stranger contacts other strangers to let them know that a stranger is bankrupt? However, the person going bankrupt is exposed in the local rag!

Also, the fact that this person seems to think that it's ok for businesses to go bankrupt? I know of a lot of people that ordered loads of stuff on company credit and then went in to adminstration! In fact, there is a local business up the road that got a lot of people to invest 15k in their franchise only for them to pull the plug! But hey...that's ok...it's a business. The directors don't need to be exposed!

I suspect any person engaging in such a "truth" activity will be breaking the law! But, on the other hand I suspect that the person that made that post is just plain full of shit!

HOLA445

I think we have an answer as to where she pished £75K up the wall: Lifestyle!

No, I do not have a BMW on the drive, I have a 5 year old people carrier type car and husband has a mondeo estate - nothing too extravagant I feel.

Nor do we smoke or go out drinking or eat at restaurants all the time (though why I am justifying my lifestyle now to you, I am not quite sure).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Type R. If you have only come on here to gloat about your wonderful can-afford-everything-in-life-by saving-up-for-it ways, then please do not bother to further read this thread.

Thanks to everyone who has answered my query sensibly without pouncing on our lifestyle choices.

HOLA446

No, I do not have a BMW on the drive, I have a 5 year old people carrier type car and husband has a mondeo estate - nothing too extravagant I feel.

classic

HOLA447

But in reality does it really matter? The money has gone, they can't pay it back so they only have two options:

1) Go Bankrupt

2) Pish more money up the wall via a repayment plan.

Whether it be lifestyle errors or general stupidity, whatever they did is now behind them and gone! They will now be forced to live within their means and just maybe they'll learn to keep away from credit!

Because financial responsibility is not something that is promoted in the UK it is hardly surprising that people have run up huge debts and are now unable to pay them back.

But as HPC'rs should we not be applauding this and is this not what we want: more people going over the edge? The house of cards that is the debt ponzi scheme will collapse faster with the increasing amounts of people that go to the wall!

HOLA448

I have to ask why the fvck you do that? So you will contact people that "they might know"? What does that involve? Going through the phone directory and phoning up everyone in their street? Surely this activity you describe is illegal and surely those that you indirectly harass are entitled to take you to court and sue you for damages?

Also, you label them as crooks? How are they crooks? So someone that takes out a loan but later on is unable to pay it back through loss of income is in your eyes a crook? Providing that there is no evidence of fraud then they are not crooks...just unlucky! Or perhaps lucky!

And I'm interested in how you know that "its worked a treat so far"?

I'm truly amazed...I really am!

It's a small enough area so I know people they know and have not done it with total strangers phone book style. They are people escaping their financial obligations, crooks in my eyes, and I really don't give a damn what others think of it, you have your opinion I have mine. The information is published so people KNOW what they have done, the information is freely available and pointing it out to people that may have financial dealings with the bankrupts isn't a problem, if you think it is a problem maybe you should be asking for them not to publish it or make it available via web searches which is not going to happen as people need to know who and where these people are. It's worked a treat as I've heard the information coming back to me via other people.

HOLA449

It's a small enough area so I know people they know and have not done it with total strangers phone book style. They are people escaping their financial obligations, crooks in my eyes, and I really don't give a damn what others think of it, you have your opinion I have mine. The information is published so people KNOW what they have done, the information is freely available and pointing it out to people that may have financial dealings with the bankrupts isn't a problem, if you think it is a problem maybe you should be asking for them not to publish it or make it available via web searches which is not going to happen as people need to know who and where these people are. It's worked a treat as I've heard the information coming back to me via other people.

sounds fair

not evil people - but responsibility is not abour evil, it is about actions having consequences

HOLA4410

LOL! You are full of shit! And a very sad individual!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I think if twitatat shows his face here again he'll be tarred and feathered.

Go for it :)

It seems its fine to bitch and moan about bankrupts on here, laugh at them on MSE, be shocked that its so easy to get out of however to actually do something about it is seen as heinous. It is freely available information made available as it is a legal procedure, it also confuses me why people think pointing out freely available information to people is so terrible and deserves death/disease/whatever "Go to this web site and search for your local town, yeah, I know them too and never heard of that!" easy.

HOLA4413

It seems its fine to bitch and moan about bankrupts on here, laugh at them on MSE, be shocked that its so easy to get out of however to actually do something about it is seen as heinous. It is freely available information made available as it is a legal procedure, it also confuses me why people think pointing out freely available information to people is so terrible and deserves death/disease/whatever "Go to this web site and search for your local town, yeah, I know them too and never heard of that!" easy.

And why on earth would you be concerned? Because someone may have lent them a tenner in the past? You may think they are crooks but in the eyes of the law they are not crooks so you lose! And with regards to escaping financial obligations, if there is no evidence of fraud and it's just bad luck or poor judgement then fine...if they conned people out of money then that is a different story and you call the police! And with regards to what they borrowed, well there is this thing called due diligence that many banks and finance companies FAILED to perform before lending out huge amounts of money!

If what you say you are doing is true and you live in a small area then you are going the right way in making a lot of enemies. And yes actions do have consequences!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

It seems its fine to bitch and moan about bankrupts on here, laugh at them on MSE, be shocked that its so easy to get out of

And lets be clear about what is going on with regards to this thread. We are taking the pish or giving our opinion on someone who has posted on MSE...they through there choice posted those details. YOU on the other hand are describing an activity that is going through a database, finding people who are bankrupt and then spreading that amongst the other idiots in your village?

And something does not add up either, you say you can search by town...however, my experience of the registers is that you can search by court location but you have to specify a surname or company name. And also, what is on that register is people that are already bankrupt so no amount of tale telling you do will make a difference because they are bankrupt!

Do you walk around the village looking at the tax discs on cars too?

HOLA4416

And something does not add up either, you say you can search by town...however, my experience of the registers is that you can search by court location but you have to specify a surname or company name. And also, what is on that register is people that are already bankrupt so no amount of tale telling you do will make a difference because they are bankrupt!

Do you walk around the village looking at the tax discs on cars too?

It does add up, the Scottish one I'm interested in allows you to search by town and you can free text search the gazettes too. Even with the England/Wales one it is easy to pull the entire dataset by searching names to let you sort/search it as you want, a broken example with a csv: http://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/individual-insolvency-register/ containing lat/lon coordinates that is just asking for an overlay on a google map with pins containing their information. There is no tale telling, it happened.

And for someone so publicly horrified by an opinion on what should happen to bankrupts you have your own opinions on what should happen to people you don't like. Not that much different eh?

Chest Rockwell, on Jun 18 2009, 08:57 AM, said:

idiots like McTwatish should be taken outside and hanged from the nearest 200 year oak tree with a placard round there neck to warn all of the dangers of borrowing too much money.

HOLA4417

It does add up, the Scottish one I'm interested in allows you to search by town and you can free text search the gazettes too. Even with the England/Wales one it is easy to pull the entire dataset by searching names to let you sort/search it as you want, a broken example with a csv: http://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/individual-insolvency-register/ containing lat/lon coordinates that is just asking for an overlay on a google map with pins containing their information. There is no tale telling, it happened.

And for someone so publicly horrified by an opinion on what should happen to bankrupts you have your own opinions on what should happen to people you don't like. Not that much different eh?

Opinions are one thing, actions are very different! Did I actually hang mctwatish from the nearest oak tree? No...he's still safe and sound on MSE. Yet you are engaging in an action that I suspect will see you beaten to a pulp at some point. You did not express an opinion, you told us all about an activity you engage in...very different to just an opinion! So quit with the "Opinion" get out of jail card.

And so sad that you spent about an hour going through previous posts...shows just how much of a petty minded fool you are!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

HOLA4418

Opinions are one thing, actions are very different! Did I actually hang mctwatish from the nearest oak tree? No...he's still safe and sound on MSE. Yet you are engaging in an action that I suspect will see you beaten to a pulp at some point. You did not express an opinion, you told us all about an activity you engage in...very different to just an opinion! So quit with the "Opinion" get out of jail card.

And so sad that you spent about an hour going through previous posts...shows just how much of a petty minded fool you are!

An hour? Google and about a minute to show you up, your "activity you engage in" is saying people should be hanged in a public forum different shades but the same thing, its quite funny :lol:

HOLA4419

Used to get angry, now I keep an eye on local bankruptcy notices and as long as its not solely due to a broken business I will contact people that they might know or have dealings with seeing as the crooks like to keep it quiet "Cant have the Joneses knowing" and most people won't read the notices. There is still a stigma attached and its as close to having it branded on their hand as they deserve, its worked a treat so far.

Does mum bring the sandwiches up to your box room whilst you're cutting up the newspapers needed to make your leaflets of "shame"?

If someone I knew was made bankrupt and you rocked round in your ill fitting tank top, milk bottle bottomed glasses thrusting your home made hate sheets in my face beat you to a polyester clad pulp.

I've been in business for a very long time... dealing with a bankrupt wouldn't worry me in the slightest... in fact I'd be inclined to be just that little bit more helpful towards someone on their uppers.... being made bankrupt is a fact of life for anyone who isn't PAYE or sucking on the government tit... you just make yourself look like a sad little pr1ck with your moralising.... who the f*ck are you anyway? Why should anyone care what some creepy self appointed " financial responsibility superhero" thinks. Did you get mum to make you a costume BTW? All the best "avenging angels" have one... perhaps a leotard with some sparkly £ signs or something... maybe we could have a competition to design you something suitably jazzy.

HOLA4420

Does mum bring the sandwiches up to your box room whilst you're cutting up the newspapers needed to make your leaflets of "shame"?

If someone I knew was made bankrupt and you rocked round in your ill fitting tank top, milk bottle bottomed glasses thrusting your home made hate sheets in my face beat you to a polyester clad pulp.

I've been in business for a very long time... dealing with a bankrupt wouldn't worry me in the slightest... in fact I'd be inclined to be just that little bit more helpful towards someone on their uppers.... being made bankrupt is a fact of life for anyone who isn't PAYE or sucking on the government tit... you just make yourself look like a sad little pr1ck with your moralising.... who the f*ck are you anyway? Why should anyone care what some creepy self appointed " financial responsibility superhero" thinks. Did you get mum to make you a costume BTW? All the best "avenging angels" have one... perhaps a leotard with some sparkly £ signs or something... maybe we could have a competition to design you something suitably jazzy.

Brilliant! One wonders if there's an element of left-handed surfing when ratatwat is on the insolvency service website?

HOLA4421

An hour? Google and about a minute to show you up, your "activity you engage in" is saying people should be hanged in a public forum different shades but the same thing, its quite funny :lol:

So first my post was an opinion but now it's an activity? Well done for trying your hardest to justify your actions...but you failed! Initially you wrote that you couldn't give a damn about what others thought but you still feel the need to justify what you do in your spare time.

On the other hand though, there is something in the back of my mind that tells me that you are indeed Hamish McTavish...reason being is that you seemed to pick on that particular post of mine? I have posted countless shite on this forum and they're far more embarrassing posts that you could have brought up...but no...you picked that one in particular? And you let slip that you are in Scotland.

Finally, the more I read your posts the more they read like the mentally deranged tripe that McTwatish came out with! We all know that you have multiple sock puppets on MSE i.e. AberdeenAngarse and the Ghouls of HPC etc, so there is a high chance that you - McTwatish - have done the same on HPC!

YOU ARE HAMISH MCTAVISH and I claim my fiver!

P.S. Each one of your posts appear to gradually take on the well known McTwatish emoticon usage too????

Edited by Chest Rockwell

HOLA4422

Oh to live in a black and white world. Sadly, most people grow up.

Why not sit down and think about things for a little while?

HOLA4423

I'm sure you have never broken the law in the your life. Having some fellow spiteful inadequate spend a couple of days following you around would undoubtedly dig up some "fact" that you would prefer not to have spread through your exciting sounding village. For example, the fact you're a spiteful inadequate who spends time publicising selective facts about neighbours then boasting about it on a forum like some kind of enormous bell end.

Then again, not everyone is a chippy hypocrite.

If you must spend your time on such anally retentive activities, there's a class 37 leaving soon with a number you don't yet have. Just enough time to grab your thermos.

HOLA4424

My proposal: an enormous brown polyester jump suit encrusted with jizz stains that spell out "Captain Jealous".

HOLA4425

Oh. My. God.