House Price Crash Forum

St. Vincente De Cable To Meet With F S A Over R B S Investigation

HOLA441

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Vince-Cable-meet-FSA-chairman-reuters_molt-1622790560.html?x=0

13:46, Wednesday 15 December 2010
LONDON (
Reuters
) - Business Secretary Vince Cable will meet Financial Services Authority (FSA) Chairman Adair Turner on Wednesday to find ways of publishing parts of the watchdog's report into the bailout of Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) , a spokesman for Cable's department said.
"The Business Secretary wants to investigate various options for releasing aspects of the report, even if it is partly in redacted form," the spokesman said.
The FSA is at present barred from publishing its report, which has not yet even been seen by Cable, the spokesman added.

If Vince accepts a censored whitewash it will not be accepted. Where's Wiki?

And who is "barring" the toothless mooshes over at FSA? We need an FBI to kick some ass, throw on some handcuffs and frog march some banksters out into the street into waiting vans.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Full public enquiry into financial crisis please.

How else will any faults in the system be found and rules made to make sure it doesn't happen again. What's changed since 2007?

It depends who goes down with who. This might be another "Countryman" scenario when that investigation in the ealry 1980's led to uncovering so much corruption in the London Police that the DPP said they had to fire all from Inspector up--a price too far to pay and was dropped.

Kirstin Ridley, 14:20, Wednesday 15 December 2010
LONDON (
Reuters
) - The financial regulator wants to deliver its report into past failings at Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) by March and would like permission from the bailed-out lender to publish part of its investigation.
The Financial Services Authority (FSA) said Wednesday that RBS, 83 percent state-owned,
would not allow detail from the confidential investigation to be publicly disclosed.
FSA chairman Adair Turner said it would be desirable if there were a public account of the failure of RBS, adding the current stalemate was "extremely unsatisfactory."

Banksters calling the shots it seems.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA445
HOLA446

Interesting that it's Vince who gets to agree the best way to cover this up.

Not the Chair of the Treasury Select Committee - who could interview Turner under oath - and not Osborne - the Chancellor and head of the Treasury - but a Libdem underling.

It's clearly just another cover up/whitewash to keep the plates spinning.

Edited by Red Karma

HOLA447

Full public police enquiry into financial crisis please.

How else will any faults in the system be found and rules made to make sure it doesn't happen again. What's changed since 2007?

There corrected for you.

Anyone know any honest policemen and judges?

Edited by leicestersq

HOLA448
HOLA449

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) said Wednesday that RBS, 83 percent state-owned, would not allow detail from the confidential investigation to be publicly disclosed.

The FSA being funded by the firms that the FSA regulates, such as RBS.

Why a firm such as RBS that is regulated by the FSA is also in a position to censor information release is beyond belief.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4410

hmmm.

So the uk public own 83% of RBS yet are not allowed to see 100% of the investigation into it's failings?

They might argue that they can keep the other 17% to themselves and decide which bits (names?) can be deleted.

They obviously can't see or don't care how much suspicion they are creating.

HOLA4411

How can the FSA be impartial?

If they find fault with RBS is it admitting their own regulation failed.

Contact Vince:

If you are not one of Vince's constituents and wish to contact him on a matter relating to his position as Secretary of State for Business, Innovation & Skills please send a message to: enquiry.enquiry@bis.gsi.gov.uk

HOLA4412

Vince Cable is a very inteligent man who has a very thorough understanding of the predicament we are in.

Unfortunately for us, he has a price and that has been paid for by the libcons.

Don't expect waves re. RBS

Didn't Cable back down at the time of Northern Rock?

In the end, there was no need to see the 'fundamentally sound' loan book?

As I recall, he made a lot of noise about NR but went on to Strictly Come Dancing instead.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Watched St. Vincente on 4 news tonight. His eyes were shifting L to R rapidly as he was being interviewed. Almost like someone that was blind and didn't wear sunglasses. Was he nervous or reading summat--prompts from head office?

I think his answers seemed okay, comes accoss as a straight up guy--a good fella.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Report classified on the basis of the damage that the disclosure of the information would have to UK interests.

Careful what you wish for !

So basically, the UK is the banks, the banks are the UK.

Mind you, don't quite a number of posters on this forum hold this to be the case?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how fracked is the entire country?

HOLA4417

So basically, the UK is the banks, the banks are the UK.

Mind you, don't quite a number of posters on this forum hold this to be the case?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how fracked is the entire country?

There is no doubt that if the UK banks / banking system fails then then the UKas a whole fails.... and possible much of the western world thrown into depression.

HOLA4418

I think his answers seemed okay, comes accoss as a straight up guy--a good fella.

He can say all he liikes. It's what he does that counts.

The banks must be shitting their pants when they see St. Vincente... Yeah, right!

Edited by Pole

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Shame the wiki leaks dude is locked up. He would have this out in the public for tomorrow mornings newspapers. And it damn well should be public. As soon as you take the public pound to get you out of trouble, you should forfeit all rights to secrecy from the same public. It's bonkers.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying it has to go all over the broadsheets, if it's not in the financial interests of the country, but to not allow our MPs to read it is a joke, and that is what I have heard this means. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I wonder if there is a Freedom of Information request that could get to this. What would allow them to with-hold?

HOLA4421

Watched St. Vincente on 4 news tonight. His eyes were shifting L to R rapidly as he was being interviewed.

I think his answers seemed okay, comes across as a straight up guy - a good fella.

You really are losing it lately, RB.

I remember that Tony Blair saying, 'I'm a pretty straight sort of guy'.

HOLA4422

You really are losing it lately, RB.

I remember that Tony Blair saying, 'I'm a pretty straight sort of guy'.

I think Tony was referring to something else, not a reference to honesty etc. Tony was more less saying he was not....you know (nods head to left)..not (nods head a bit more to left)...

The Banksters rule at the moment and the government feel powerless to reign them in. Our bankster friends in NY are getting post-Crimbo bonuses of $24,000,000.00 EACH despite even bigger tranches of taxpayer money having been given to them:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-15/goldman-s-bankfein-deputies-to-collect-111-3-million-in-stock-bonuses.html

Goldman Sachs Group Inc.’s top executives will get about $111.3 million in stock next month in a delayed payout from last year and their record-setting 2007 awards, even as Wall Street prepares for lower bonuses.
Chief Executive Officer Lloyd C. Blankfein, 56, is poised to receive about $24.3 million in January, based on the closing share price on Dec. 14, while President Gary D. Cohn, 50, will get about $24 million, company filings show. The payouts, just a portion of the $67.9 million bonus awarded to Blankfein for 2007 and the $66.9 million paid to Cohn, reflect a 24 percent decline in the stock’s value since it was granted at $218.86.
Within a year after the bonuses were approved, Goldman Sachs took $10 billion of U.S. bailout funds, converted to a bank and was borrowing as much as $35.4 billion a day from Federal Reserve emergency programs.

HOLA4423

Watched St. Vincente on 4 news tonight. His eyes were shifting L to R rapidly as he was being interviewed. Almost like someone that was blind and didn't wear sunglasses. Was he nervous or reading summat--prompts from head office?

I believe Vince Cable is a reasonable guy for an MP. He does understand economics. He does appear to have a conscience. He is willing to go against the grain if he believes he is right. But he is also pragmatic. That means he may go the banks way for the greater good or not. I can't tell.

That's why he seems to have dithered over the tuition fees stuff.

HOLA4424

Vince will say that it is important for the public to know the truth.

Vince will go to meeting with said bankers and be told that if the truth is revealed it could cause a loss in confidence in the system and risk another credit crisis. And anyway, if push come to shove we might take our business elsewhere so there (with lots of stomping and sulking).

Vince will then release a statement saying a full investigation will take place but in the smallprint there will be lots of caveats about certain people not being legally required to provide full disclosure.

And so we go on.

Anyone hoping for the truth better look elsewhere.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Vince-Cable-meet-FSA-chairman-reuters_molt-1622790560.html?x=0

13:46, Wednesday 15 December 2010
LONDON (
Reuters
) - Business Secretary Vince Cable will meet Financial Services Authority (FSA) Chairman Adair Turner on Wednesday to find ways of publishing parts of the watchdog's report into the bailout of Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) , a spokesman for Cable's department said.
"The Business Secretary wants to investigate various options for releasing aspects of the report, even if it is partly in redacted form," the spokesman said.
The FSA is at present barred from publishing its report, which has not yet even been seen by Cable, the spokesman added.

If Vince accepts a censored whitewash it will not be accepted. Where's Wiki?

And who is "barring" the toothless mooshes over at FSA? We need an FBI to kick some ass, throw on some handcuffs and frog march some banksters out into the street into waiting vans.

HOLA4425
Guest UK Debt Slave

There corrected for you.

Anyone know any honest policemen and judges?

You gotta be fekkn joking!

They are even more corrupt than the politicians